BANGKOK
webfact

Election gift for PM Johnson: Brexit Party stands down in Conservative seats

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Neither is a peerage, it would seem.

Fair deal I would say, and probably obvious when he didn’t stand as an MP.

I am sure they wouldn’t want Farage in the HoC.

Edited by Jip99

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Neither is a peerage, it would seem.

Now I'm going to have to start campaigning for the abolition of the house of lords! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oddschecker will give you the full election book.

Some of the press are not so sure how much it will benefit the Tories in the contested seats.

However, Farage thinks he will pull in Labour voters that would never vote Tory.

I think he has a point and many voters may just abandon the Brexit party and vote Tory.

The Lib Dems could have come through in a lot of the seats that are not now being contested.

For someone with Farage's ego it is a huge climbdown. No doubt arranged on the fringes.

Farage could end up being king maker and even if some of the more literate Brexit party candidates got in, it wouldn't be that bad a thing.

Their free market economic policies will be the same as the Tories.

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is banging on about interference in the UK elections. She went out of her way to make the points, so no doubt someone has asked her to stir it up.

The bookies are rarely wrong. For those that cannot get the BBC'S election coverage in Thailand. Radio 4 will be covering the election through the night.

Prof John Sirtrees poll at 10pm has been very accurate in the past.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Craven opportunist who knows Brexit and UKIP parties are on a hiding to nothing.

In your dreams only . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

Politics aside, why is the man just so damned unlikable? Even seeing a photo of him gives me the creeps.

Glad I'm not the only one. As for running candidates in every constituency, that was always a pipe-dream. He knows it, Boris knows it. You don't pull credible MP material out of a hat, like rabbits. Boris didn't bite on his rather obvious bluff, so he makes the magnaminous gesture - it's not like he was forced to or anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Whatever the differences between leavers and remainers, we all have to admit what total self sacrifice of Nigel Farage to put his country before his party, it is just a pity that remainer MPs havn't done the same and we would have left the EU a long time ago. A truly remarkable selfless individual, truly worthy of a peerage.

It's truly a very sarcastic comment of your's.

First you got me to believe what you wrote but then I realised that you won't send such rubbish  😈

• Like 1