Chronic Gastritis but only in Thailand?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i had issues with my stomach diarrhea & endless foul farting for the first couple

of years here, it helped to eat yogurt. later on i also found it

help to eat less and drink less beer

The other thing the Op can do is for his wife to take Lansoprazole 30mg daily before and during a trip to Thailand, it's very effective. Better than Omeprazole

On 11/12/2019 at 1:47 AM, Orton Rd said:

Had this for years on and off, don't see the need for anti biotics unless she has HP infection. Is she drinking beer? that does my stomach in as well as chocolate and oats. She should try organic apple cider vinegar, strange that it only affects her here.

Some types of IBS can be psychosomatic, so if your wife thinks she will be ill in Thailand then she does become ill. People in the UK have undergone hypnotherapy with a lot of success with this type of problem. Organic apple cider vinegar (with mother) does indeed help me with my gastric problems - highly recommended. It tastes awful but so does all good medicine ????

13 hours ago, eezergood said:

what racist nonsense

nothing to do with racisme.

Go to Thai supermarket and you ll see the meat floating in ....ice.

Blood with ice water is all around. It is setup wide and open, so everyone can touch.

Even with the Makro (german company) it is the same way. I was amazed by that, they had same cooling method as Thai supermarket. Melting ice mixed with the meat.

My Thai gf goes to market and is picking with her fingers to see for shrimps/fish and not she alone, many others do the same. No washed (hands) fingers they have to touch !

Its Asian way, same in Philippines, Indonesia and probably more Asian countries.

AFTER that she can rinse, sometimes , her fingers in a bowl with lemon water, like many other Thai also do. The rinsing bowl cant be absolutely fresh and after rinsing then they start again. 

Though she is picking with her fingers in food, she doesnt trust vegetables, as Thai use many sorts and lots of pesticides. Pesticides already forbidden in western countries, like paraquat.

Certainly Asians are less aware of bacterias and contamination and the ancient ways are still complied. However how many westerns do know about this all?

No matter im still alive and i try to keep an eye on what i eat and  drink. But have to be more critical in Thailand.

You know Asians leave boiled rice on the table, to cool and keep?!

Wrong to do, as there is fungus created on the rice which is harmful for your health.

Last year had some problems with lomsay (guts) for long time, dont know where i had it from but lasted long time. Thought it would pass, but ended up in taking Mebeverine, doctor prescription, and that worked.

Most of the times had no problems in all years going to Asia, maybe now im getting older and getting more vulnerable? I ate in many years on many many locations and mostly had no problems. If i had it past away quick

I see many talking about beer giving them problems?, cant be bacteries, as with brewing you come to temperatures destroying bacterias and viruses 

Its why they had beer in the middle ages, as it was food and drink in one and you DID NOT became sick.

Of course glutes are still working and can make you feel sick in your guts. Glutes are in many foods. It comes with the plants, grain, rice and every food, bread, cookies, pasta, made by that.  

Maybe they dont have a good yeast for fermentation and can make you sick.

Like a Heineken beer , they really take good care of their yeast. It is their baby.

Another ingredient is hop, it is for the bitter taste in beer and a natural preserver. 

As far as i know beer is made from sprouted grain or corn (shallow beer like the old Skoll once) 

About water, a real RO installation makes the water so clean, you CANT drink it instantly and you have to put back minerals in the water again.

Otherwise you desalt your body and get sick. 

Once i thought wow , good installation, but also expensive to make, 4 cups of water for 1 cup of good water. Dont know how Israel is doing it, as they are making millions liters of water with RO filters. Salt to clean water.

In those installation there should be also a UV light, this will kill bacterias and viruses. 

Exposing water to UV light, makes it save.

SO instead of boiling you can put it in the sun ( a very big UV lamp), or have a UV light for a while in front of or in the bottle. 

According to my gf, the government checks water producing companies. Dont know, little local ones can be checked maybe, but what happens if check up has passed?? And what is the criteria in Thailand? Some bath?  

38 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

In those installation there should be also a UV light, this will kill bacterias and viruses. 

SO instead of boiling you can put it in the sun ( a very big UV lamp), or have a UV light for a while in front of or in the bottle. 

I noticed after several months of using RO machines the 6l bottles would show signs of mold at the bottom middle, others reported it also, so after that i just fill up 1.5l bottles and keep in fridge, it hasn't happened since. Based on that the UV theory doesn't seem to work?

On 11/14/2019 at 11:31 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I noticed after several months of using RO machines the 6l bottles would show signs of mold at the bottom middle, others reported it also, so after that i just fill up 1.5l bottles and keep in fridge, it hasn't happened since. Based on that the UV theory doesn't seem to work?

Maybe you have to question the working of the "RO installation", as a real RO makes 100 % clean water, as i mentioned. Im questioning the working of those machines on the streets.

As your bigger bottles and out of the fridge develop a kind of mold, it means there is biological material working and is not removed in the machine, so therefor it is not a RO filter.

Viruses and bacterias cant be simple seen and also little algies not, which can create the mold you see in your big bottle out of fridge. Putting the bottle in the fridge will slow down the process and as they are smaller then the big bottle , you use the water faster, but never the less it is present.

I dont think they are even RO filters and delivers maybe only filtered water, not on a base of RO, but on base with just plain filters and even have no UV light inside. And they just call it RO filter, but in fact are not. Algies and others pass those common filters.

It all cost and you have to change the UV lights after a while, efficient working time. You ever see them changing them or do maintenance on machine?

A RO filter has elements inside with very little holes on atomic structure, you need high pressure pumps to squeeze the water molecules through. All bigger molecules, pollutions and also algies and bigger bacteries, are left behind in the elements and those are regenerated every time. Squeeze out the pollutions back and is thrown away. For the rest of the bacterias viruses passed those holes, you use the UV light to kill. 

In former days chloride was used for the bacterias en viruses, but they changed to UV treatment, at least here in my place. 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, scubascuba3 said:

mold/ mould ? is this black or green ? if it's green then unlikely to be mould, that's  something else, which thrives on sunlight / UV. Keep in fridge = no daylight = no green stuff

On 11/14/2019 at 9:49 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

nothing to do with racisme.

Go to Thai supermarket and you ll see the meat floating in ....ice.

Blood with ice water is all around. It is setup wide and open, so everyone can touch.

Even with the Makro (german company) it is the same way. I was amazed by that, they had same cooling method as Thai supermarket. Melting ice mixed with the meat.

My Thai gf goes to market and is picking with her fingers to see for shrimps/fish and not she alone, many others do the same. No washed (hands) fingers they have to touch !

Its Asian way, same in Philippines, Indonesia and probably more Asian countries.

AFTER that she can rinse, sometimes , her fingers in a bowl with lemon water, like many other Thai also do. The rinsing bowl cant be absolutely fresh and after rinsing then they start again. 

Though she is picking with her fingers in food, she doesnt trust vegetables, as Thai use many sorts and lots of pesticides. Pesticides already forbidden in western countries, like paraquat.

Certainly Asians are less aware of bacterias and contamination and the ancient ways are still complied. However how many westerns do know about this all?

No matter im still alive and i try to keep an eye on what i eat and  drink. But have to be more critical in Thailand.

You know Asians leave boiled rice on the table, to cool and keep?!

Wrong to do, as there is fungus created on the rice which is harmful for your health.

Last year had some problems with lomsay (guts) for long time, dont know where i had it from but lasted long time. Thought it would pass, but ended up in taking Mebeverine, doctor prescription, and that worked.

Most of the times had no problems in all years going to Asia, maybe now im getting older and getting more vulnerable? I ate in many years on many many locations and mostly had no problems. If i had it past away quick

I see many talking about beer giving them problems?, cant be bacteries, as with brewing you come to temperatures destroying bacterias and viruses 

Its why they had beer in the middle ages, as it was food and drink in one and you DID NOT became sick.

Of course glutes are still working and can make you feel sick in your guts. Glutes are in many foods. It comes with the plants, grain, rice and every food, bread, cookies, pasta, made by that.  

Maybe they dont have a good yeast for fermentation and can make you sick.

Like a Heineken beer , they really take good care of their yeast. It is their baby.

Another ingredient is hop, it is for the bitter taste in beer and a natural preserver. 

As far as i know beer is made from sprouted grain or corn (shallow beer like the old Skoll once) 

About water, a real RO installation makes the water so clean, you CANT drink it instantly and you have to put back minerals in the water again.

Otherwise you desalt your body and get sick. 

Once i thought wow , good installation, but also expensive to make, 4 cups of water for 1 cup of good water. Dont know how Israel is doing it, as they are making millions liters of water with RO filters. Salt to clean water.

According to my gf, the government checks water producing companies. Dont know, little local ones can be checked maybe, but what happens if check up has passed?? And what is the criteria in Thailand? Some bath?  

Beer,  without an experienced cellar man can be very bad....full of bacteria so stick to bottled beer. The OP should consider his own personal hygiene as a cause of infection. The OP can get a stool analysis to check which bacteria are causing the problem.  Be careful of the water collecting in bottle coolers/ condoms....often fetid.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I pour the large containers of water into 5 litre bottles but I also often drink the tap water too...no problem.

3 hours ago, uhuh said:

Makro is a Thai company,  it belongs to CP, which is owned by Mr Dhanin, a Chinese emigrant,  one of the richest men in Thailand. 

A Dutch company used to partially own Makro, but not a German company. 

There is a German company called Metro, no relationship. 

Makro Thailand was sold off by the companies that own the other Makro companies around the world. They disposed of the UK Makro as well at some point.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:31 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Wash your bottles...like you would anything else after use!

Archived