Hua Hin: New airport terminal, more flights, treble air passengers in massive tourism expansion

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More plans, more money out for grab for those officials involved.

First, they should extend the train platform. At the moment, the platform is shorter than trains.

Bangkok to Hua HIn takes 4 hours because it stops for a long time in few places.

Hua Hin is already more expensive than other seaside town with not much to do.

This airport dream has been repeated few times already, but never enough tourists to fulfil it.

Cheaper to improve the trains to Hua Hin but of course less money out for grab. 

It's amazing here in Thailand expanding airports more people driving 

smog everywhere yet in the UK climate change is the big issue telling everyone to travel Less cut back flying driving ect it goes on

maybe that Swedish girl needs a visit to Thailand to enlighten them 

Just my experience HH residents have maybe the most stuck up attitude of any place.  They especially seem to judge and look down on the " low class" from Pattaya.

Hope they build a huge airport and enjoy the mostly high end classy tourists who will visit I am sure.

9 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

might want to do something about this before they bring even more tourists here to suffer in the pollution

2 weeks now and this has been the best day. thankyou thailand ????

1768655795_Screenshot2019-11-12at10_09_39AM.png.ff351c1f8560edc46ced21c8d4e5d918.png

9 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

That's pretty much everywhere in Thailand right now.  Not a local issue.   Keep in mind we're in Asia; this is what Asia is like and always has been.   You just have cool real time apps right now with pretty colors.

We don't have that problem in Northern Phuket...Laguna, Layan Beach area. AQI stays under 50 year round ????

Screenshot 2019-11-12 19.55.10.png

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

It's amazing here in Thailand expanding airports more people driving 

smog everywhere yet in the UK climate change is the big issue telling everyone to travel Less cut back flying driving ect it goes on

maybe that Swedish girl needs a visit to Thailand to enlighten them 

Greta is a mentally ill Asperger's child being used as a political prop by her "actor" globalist parents to promote the hoax that is global warming. Sweden is essentially a failed state and quite literally proof that egalitarianism doesn't work and, in fact, leads to more inequality in society. The last thing Thailand wants to do is become more like Sweden. I have quite a few friends that are Swedish and they are vastly envious that I am an able to reside in Thailand at the age of 30 on San Francisco, California salary ( that's how amazing the USA is, they literally pay you California salary now to live outside the US for tax purposes. America truly is the greatest country in the world and the land of opportunity. It is the only country that Thailand should emulate. America is the only country that is worthy. It's truly sad to see American's being brainwashed by the dangerously totalitarian political correctness that largely spews into the world out the failure that is Europe as a whole. Europe will be majority Muslim by 2040. This is a fact. ) This video below of Jordon Peterson explaining the failure that is egalitarianism to a group of Swedish left-wing nutjobs is amazing.

34 minutes ago, Duck J Butters said:

We don't have that problem in Northern Phuket...Laguna, Layan Beach area. AQI stays under 50 year round ????

Screenshot 2019-11-12 19.55.10.png

While this is generally true you might have missed the smog coming from Indonesia not long ago. 

6 hours ago, mac1970 said:

High speed trains and bigger airport. Just wonder where all tourists are coming from. Somehow sad as I have always loved this sleepy small town and its more relaxed atmosphere, even if it has changed during years as well. 

I quite like the idea of a sleepy small town (and its friendly looking mountains) to spend my last years in... 

"Right now the runway is 2,100 meters long - this will be extended by 45 meters."

Well, this 45 metres extension will ensure that those Indians burning 5'300 Baht a day will know where to flush out some cash .......

The article is nothing short of a joke, if you ask me ............... just wondering, what the price of a metre runway in Hua Hin will be - stay tuned. 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just my experience HH residents have maybe the most stuck up attitude of any place.  They especially seem to judge and look down on the " low class" from Pattaya.

Hope they build a huge airport and enjoy the mostly high end classy tourists who will visit I am sure.

The Indians?

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hua Hin does suffer from really poor air quality. Had a friend with lung issues, who attempted to live there, and ended up in near pulmonary arrest. 

sounds like pattaya across the water... but in pattaya he had a better chance of a happy ending...

20 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

might want to do something about this before they bring even more tourists here to suffer in the pollution

2 weeks now and this has been the best day. thankyou thailand ????

1768655795_Screenshot2019-11-12at10_09_39AM.png.ff351c1f8560edc46ced21c8d4e5d918.png

It's a nightmare for those those who made the mistake of planning retirement in Hua Hin. A backwards country. 

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will believe this when I see it. Currently, it is the most under utilized airport in the country. And they signed a deal with Air Asia two years ago, to start 36 flights a day. Thailand completely reneged on the deal. So, much has to be done, to demonstrate some good faith.

Deputy Transport Minister Athirat Rattanaset came to town. Really? Wanna know what the background of his boss at the transport ministry is?

Completed secondary school at Suan Kularb College and earned a bachelor's degree in political science from the National Institute of Development of Administration.

Political career

The former chairman of a working panel under interior minister Chaovarat Charnvirakul during the 2008 political crisis and a former executive of the Thai Rak Thai Party, he was banned from politics for five years after Thai Rak Thai was dissolved in 2007. He is currently secretary general of the Bhumjai Thai Party.

The son of politicians Chai and La-ong Chidchob and the younger brother of Newin, he is single.

What can one even say? We are talking about some of the least competent ministers currently in office, within the past 20 years or more. 

The kick-backs must be impressive.????

21 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

That's pretty much everywhere in Thailand right now.  Not a local issue.   Keep in mind we're in Asia; this is what Asia is like and always has been.   You just have cool real time apps right now with pretty colors.

image.png.11fa6370329d5c0ac43df89be817d638.png

On 11/12/2019 at 10:26 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Thailand need to change their motorbikes into electric motorbikes, you can buy them anywhere in the World but difficult in Thailand.

Also, all the trucks there send massive smoke out because they have non or no oil filters are great problems.

But as they say, this is Thailand.

First when turist stay away because of pollution then something will happen. In the meantime stay inside. 

If they could extend the runway to 2,500m long and 45m wide, the planes could go anywhere. A problem could be the strength of the concrete. For example, Nan airport's runway concrete can take a maximum weight of 64 tons vs. AirAsia's A320 max weight of 66 tons.

" Plans are underway to transform sleepy Hua Hin into a busy international and domestic tourism hub. "

I imagine that if this does happen, many Thai and foreign residents of Hua Hin will be moving out.

The once beautiful Hua Hin which I first visited in the mid 1970s is sadly no more.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:26 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

If the air in Hua Hin is bad it is ONLY because of illegal burning of garbage. This must be checked and enforced much more!

Archived