Chanthaburi Community Recommendations

buddhadug

I am looking for recommendations and insights for communities in the Chanthaburi area. My Thai wife and daughter and I will relocate from California, U.S., in a few months. We will be in Rayong/Chanthaburi November 15th, this week, to search for an upscale home, either near ocean or with mountain view, and an International school for daughter. All comments and advice welcome. Basically, fresh air, nice beach, fresh food and a cold brew in a relaxed province sounds like home to me.

Thanks ya'll......

Do not believe there will be much in the way of decent schooling but will leave that for those with some knowledge - my only experience in that city was many years ago and was the only time wife and I had attempted robbery at what was best hotel at the time.  And hotel would not even respond to our request for assistance.  Obviously was a set up (we provided room at top of hotel with no other customers and person used fire escape to attempt entry).  They city was a wild west mix of gem traders and cross border outlaws.  Am sure it is much better now, as is everywhere, but it does have a history.  Your request for upscale house may set you up - I would not be making a display of wealth.  But as said my knowledge was as a one time visitor may years ago.  Suggest you read this thread, if not done already, for what seem to be more upbeat and current views.

Archived