Finger shown to ambulance: Benz driver doesn't show up as company rep says sorry instead

webfact

Finger shown to ambulance: Benz driver doesn't show up as company rep says sorry instead

3pm3.jpg

Thai caption: Sorry.....on behalf of the driver

Photo credit: Sanook

A representative of a Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok, company went to a Sri Racha hospital to apologize to a patient yesterday after one of their staff showed his middle finger to an ambulance with its siren wailing. 

But the actual driver didn't bother to turn up and face the music. 

The incident happened on Saturday as a Phyathai hospital ambulance was taking a sick person to hospital. The driver showed his middle finger in contempt after deliberately blocking the progress of the ambulance. 

He then sped off the expressway. 

Yesterday Kunwadee Thamrongthanakit - a representative of the company that owns the black Mercedes Benz - turned up at the hospital with a basket of flowers to say sorry. 

She said that the driver was not coming and didn't explain why to Daily News. 

3pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

She just said that she couldn't say more and didn't want to escalate the matter. 

She did however add that their employee will face the full force of the company's disciplinary procedures. It is up to the company what that means. 

The wife of the sick person in the ambulance said she was satisfied with the apology saying that it didn't matter to her that the driver didn't show himself - he knows what he has done. 

She hoped the case would mean people would get out of the way of ambulances in the future. 

Daily News made no mention of police involvement.

The driver would face a measly fine of 500 baht though a top lawyer indicated yesterday citing a more serious law that he could be sent to jail for a month and/or fined 10,000 baht. 

That would be up to the police and courts to decide. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-12

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, webfact said:
The wife of the sick person in the ambulance said she was satisfied with the apology saying that it didn't matter to her that the driver didn't show himself - he knows what he has done. 

She hoped the case would mean people would get out of the way of ambulances in the future. 

And so it will continue.....

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

That would be up to the police and courts to decide. 

Who it seems have decided to do absolutely nothing. Scumbag is too scared to show his face, but it seems he has got clean away with it, ensuring others now know they can also delay ambulances and other emergency vehicles with impunity. Very poor behaviour followed by very poor inaction and so it will continue.

3 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

This is all very well but there needs to be real legal accountability for people deliberately impeding ambulances or emergency vehicles.

Spot on! In the video, it is quite clear that there was plenty of opportunity for him to move into the middle lane, however, he chose to continue on in the outside lane, on occasion brake-checking the ambulance as if he was enjoying the experience. Had the traffic been deadlocked, it is more difficult to maneuver, but with co-operation by all, the ambulance could have got through. 

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Yellow bellied coward. 

Not necessarily. If the driver has no remorse, why would they be afraid to turn up... They had probably already run out of <deleted> to give on the matter.

That doesn't make them a coward. It makes them something different.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver would face a measly fine of 500 baht though a top lawyer indicated yesterday citing a more serious law that he could be sent to jail for a month and/or fined 10,000 baht. 

The jails are full and doesn´t help. A nice fine would be 10% of the worth of the car. That would teach them more. 

It’s not That the finger is the problem...the issue is the driver’s behavior of net getting out the way...

two things I see on Thai roads - aggressive selfish me first driving and absolutely no proper etiquette/manners on the road...the mentality of you go I go is absent....you let someone go even if your right a way, the 3 <deleted> behind him tailgate through.... 

1 hour ago, ttkeric said:

Unfortunately, I don't think the driver is cowering somewhere, too afraid to man up. More of a case of "I couldn't be bothered". Sad...

or... not my family so why should I care... (unfortunately plenty of this attitude / behavior around). 

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Who it seems have decided to do absolutely nothing. Scumbag is too scared to show his face, but it seems he has got clean away with it, ensuring others now know they can also delay ambulances and other emergency vehicles with impunity. Very poor behaviour followed by very poor inaction and so it will continue.

Sad day again. Public can protest by not using that bank or cancelling their accounts, that may hurt more. The bank must be doing well to have Merc on its books as a taxi? BIB will do nothing as there is no envelope for them, they rather catch a motor scooter rider with no helmet being worn.

The woman who turned up is an employee. The guy who didn't turn up is the boss. 

So not only is he an arrogant sh*t bag, but he's also a low life coward. Is it just me, or does it seem like a disproportionate number of these guys seem to rise to the top?  

Archived