Samsung J7 issues post update

Sheryl

With great reluctance I allowed installation of the latest update onto my Samsung J7.. (In my experience updates always make things worse, but if one doesn't update eventually it becomes impossible to install new apps as the app makers ate in league with the Andriod OS folk. Ok rant over.)

Hate the changes but can live with most. What is stumping me is I can no longer find a way to close individual applications. Used to be that pressing the left side window button gave me each app in a window that could be closed. Now it gives the windows but no way to close except to select "close all".  So I either have to keep accumulating open apps and drain the battery/use up memory, or keep closing and reopening an app that  I am using.

Is there a way to do this that I just haven' tfound?

2 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

I have a cheap Chinese phone, when I view all the open APPs on screen, they stack on each other and you can scroll them, however an "X" appears on each tabbed APP which means I can close the ones I want or close them all with the big X at the bottom.

The X is what I used to have prior to the update. post update, no more Xes.That's my problem.

You have to press the volume up key and the home button and while still holding both press the start key and release the start key when you see the Samsung sign and release both other keys when you see the Android sign. Like this it is at my devices. Then you will come to a menu where you can select this. Up/down with the volume buttons and select with the start button. After the formatting you have to select reboot - should be the first menu entry. 

Best you watch this video or google how to do it so that you can find pictures because if you select the wrong thing you might even reset your device. 

Important: when you press the start button to confirm remove your finger from the volume keys. Otherwise you might by accident select something different and confirm this. 

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I slide them UP , just flick/slide the finger up and they close.(J7 Pro)

Thanks!!!!

It works.

Maybe it always would have I just never needed to find out, as pre-update all the windows had an X which is what I used to  close them.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks!!!!

It works.

Maybe it always would have I just never needed to find out, as pre-update all the windows had an X which is what I used to  close them.

Okay now slide obviously works. Then forget the reset of the cache partition if you don't have other problems. 

Archived