Thai Airways offers One Pass One Price Value Card

webfact

Thai Airways offers One Pass One Price Value Card

By The Thaiger

AD-OnePass-1400x600-30102019_THB.jpg

Photo: Thai Airways

In a first of what will surely be a prolonged period of promotions, Thai Airways is offering a One Pass One Price Value Card Package which will cover four economy class fares from Bangkok to some destinations in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar.

Tickets start at 8,060 baht and are valid for trips from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Mandalay, Ho Chi Minh, and Hanoi from November 11 to December 10, 2019.

The One Pass One Price Value Card Package for four economy class one-way tickets can be used to fly with Thai Airways and Thai Smile. Passengers may choose to fly to any of the designated destinations from Bangkok in the Mekong Region with travel valid until 31 May 2020.

Outbound flights from Bangkok (one way, four tickets) to any four cities such as Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Mandalay, Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi sell for THB8,060 per package.

Inbound flights to Bangkok (one way, four tickets) from Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Mandalay, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi sell for USD260 per pass.

Taxes and surcharges fee are included in the prices above (taxes and fees may vary based on the current exchange rate on the date of ticket issue).

A limited amount of promotional fares are available for each flight, whereby terms and conditions are applicable. Passengers may receive miles based on to Royal Orchid Plus (ROP) conditions. Some of the flights are on the budget airline THAI Smile.

One Pass One Price Value Card Package is available at THAI Sales Offices at THAI’s Headquarters, Larn Luang branch, as well as in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. Passengers may visit thaiairways.com for flight schedule information, reservations, and ticketing using the value card pin and password or call the THAI Contact Center at (+66)-2356-1111.

SOURCE: www.thaiairways.com

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/transport/thai-airways-offers-one-pass-one-price-value-card

You can buy 4 tickets for 8,060 baht, which is 2,015 baht each. These tickets take you one way out of the country only.

You can also buy 4 return tickets for roughly the same price.

That works out at about 4,000 baht for a return ticket to any of the destinations.

How does that compare to their rivals?

28 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You can buy 4 tickets for 8,060 baht, which is 2,015 baht each. These tickets take you one way out of the country only.

You can also buy 4 return tickets for roughly the same price.

That works out at about 4,000 baht for a return ticket to any of the destinations.

How does that compare to their rivals?

Unless it's a ticket bought some time earlier this year on AirAsia, Nok or Lion, until the likes of Bangkok Airways and the foreign regional operators come up with their reciprocal sweet deals, I would wager that right now it beats them all.

Hang on aminut, few days ago i read that Thai will stop flying to some of the above mentioned destinations because of the stiff competition from other low cost airlines and that they will let Nok air to fly there instead and now they coming up with this? is anyone lucid and awake there?...

Please note this little gem 

A limited amount of promotional fares are available for each flight, whereby terms and conditions are applicable.

This could mean either (a) you cannot get the date/flight you want on the way out or possibly even (b) that the same applies on the way back - and you get stranded.

3 minutes ago, laocowboy2 said:

A limited amount of promotional fares are available for each flight, whereby terms and conditions are applicable.

This could mean either (a) you cannot get the date/flight you want on the way out or possibly even (b) that the same applies on the way back - and you get stranded.

Thats normal procedure.

Wouldnt surprise me they have 3 promotional seats per flight as they sell the tickets per 4. So the fourth passenger voids his ticket, needs to buy a new one at a huge markup, and total saving for the group diminishes to zero.

Completely confused by their promotion. Given Scoot or JetStar to Singapore costs below 2500 return including taxes, this doesn't look particularly attractive. I know SGP is different direction but the flight distance is longer than any of these flights TG is offering...

Let me know when someone takes them up on this promotion. I won't be holding my breath. I think for the same price, you can go with Bangkok Air and they have a free lounge. I just took a round trip to Singapore on Jetstar w/25 kg bag for about 4000baht and everything went smoothly. 

Compare and you'll find out that, apart from being complicated (nothing new here) the deal is not even a deal. Compare with Nok Air, Thai Air Asia, Thai Lion Air of the Thai Vietjet services and you know, what the latest TG/WE marketing stint is yet another shot in the air ........... 

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hang on aminut, few days ago i read that Thai will stop flying to some of the above mentioned destinations because of the stiff competition from other low cost airlines and that they will let Nok air to fly there instead and now they coming up with this? is anyone lucid and awake there?...

All airlines revise route costs versus yields all the time. Some LCC's will drop destinations with only 24-hours notice. Either way, you' ll need to do a bit more than claim that you read something a few days ago.

20 hours ago, laocowboy2 said:

That's always been the same with promotional fares on every airline... you snooze, you lose. It's not a guarantee that EVERY pax will get the flight they want at the lowest price, but some will. As for getting 'stranded' because someone didn't have a confirmed return ticket, I seriously wonder who ties some of these travelers shoelaces.

18 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Completely confused by their promotion. Given Scoot or JetStar to Singapore costs below 2500 return including taxes, this doesn't look particularly attractive. I know SGP is different direction but the flight distance is longer than any of these flights TG is offering...

Since Singapore is NOT one of the THAI promotional routes in the OP, I can only congratulate you on your 'win' on Scoot and JetStar.

12 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Compare and you'll find out that, apart from being complicated (nothing new here) the deal is not even a deal. Compare with Nok Air, Thai Air Asia, Thai Lion Air of the Thai Vietjet services and you know, what the latest TG/WE marketing stint is yet another shot in the air ........... 

You have done all the comparisons with these other 4 airlines on all the routes and all flight date iterations already? That was fast work! You must have been up all night and very tired, no?

On 11/12/2019 at 5:10 AM, vincent13 said:

Well I'm confused! Not sure what the deal is ....

Buy at THAI office between 11 November - 10 December 2019.

Travel both ways between 11 November 2019 – 31 May 2020 (You can make a reservation from as little as six hours beforehand)

Blackout periods: 25 December 2019 - 5 January 2020 and 10 - 15 April 2020

On 11/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, NanLaew said:

You have done all the comparisons with these other 4 airlines on all the routes and all flight date iterations already? That was fast work! You must have been up all night and very tired, no?

I fly weekly all over Indochina and long haul to Europe and trust me, TG is and remains - for the time being - my last choice.

Is it because 70% is owned by the Ministry of Finance - which might be good in financial matters - but has seriously not the slightest clue of how to run an airline?

LCC might drop destinations on short notice, TG has cancelled various flights to/from Europe which was a major inconvenience as it so happened to be communicated normally upon check-in.

I still wonder how i.e. AY (Finnair) can operate two daily flights to Central Europe, punctually, professionally with European crew at hundreds of dollars cheaper than TG. But yeah, luckily the passenger has the choice - which explains partly the massive losses TG accrued over the years - with little learning effect it seems ???? 

On 11/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, laocowboy2 said:

No not stranded there will be a half empty flight to bring you back at the current advertised fares, who said Thai Airways were not switched on.????

Archived