Two dead in courtroom shooting in Chantaburi

webfact

Two dead in courtroom shooting

By The Nation

800_b68e573886f8775.jpg?v=1573534945

Police in Chantaburi rushed to the courts of justice at 9.05am on Tuesday (November 12) after reports of a shooting during a hearing. There they discovered five injured, four men and one woman, including the shooter. They were all rushed Prapokklao Chanthaburi Hospital where two of the male victims later died.

Deputy police spokesman, Kritsana Pattanacharoen said the shooter had fired at another party during the announcement of the verdict on the inheriting of a family estate.

Kritsana said that the police had arrested the suspect and will investigate how he managed to smuggle the gun into the courtroom.

640_58iech7fi9i5bacb7d7ba.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378265?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-12

Seems to be a problem here with getting guns into the court buildings. Second time in 2 weeks; granted the earlier case involved shackled suspects which to me would be slightly more serious. if it wasn't for the two dead men in the latter case.

32 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Seems to be a problem here with getting guns into the court buildings. Second time in 2 weeks; granted the earlier case involved shackled suspects which to me would be slightly more serious. if it wasn't for the two dead men in the latter case.

Seems to be no problem with getting most types of armourment into almost any government building here.
Years ago things called " metal detectors " were invented. I believe there are some working models at Suvarnabhumi, maybe the powers that be might like to have a day out to go and see them.

40 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

Seems to be no problem with getting most types of armourment into almost any government building here.
Years ago things called " metal detectors " were invented. I believe there are some working models at Suvarnabhumi, maybe the powers that be might like to have a day out to go and see them.

That the metal detectors at Suvarnabumi are in working order, is just a baseless assumption......

6 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Had some recent personal experience with courts.  There are security guards and walk thru metal detectors at all entry points.  It was entirely optional whether you chose to walk through them.

Is that where they dumped the GT 200 detectors?

1 hour ago, wcoast said:

It could even be that he opened fire before the ruling, as the time is very early and the article said he got into a heated argument with the other party.

4 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Time to stack up on popcorn again is then ? ???? :coffee1:

4 hours ago, wcoast said:

That's it, case of beer and more popcorn. but no surprise there ex cops well just another normal day in LOS.hots ????

4 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Not a particularly small weapon 

F460962F-710F-49AE-968A-F73CCB6144E3.jpeg

13 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Why is it when a farang dies the serial RIPpers come out on force and the handwringers give lectures about showing respect, yet when two Thai people are murdered it is quite acceptable to make jokes?

Some truly sick minds on this forum.

Theres always a post in these threads where a poster moans about all the other posters .

Archived