Big C extra cheap Charlie meetings

scotinsiam

24 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

It’s been quite common to see this in Pattaya 

pensions gone for a <deleted>, baht up, sad really 

consider yourself lucky but some day the thread may be about you.

I think this has nothing to do with money. There are not many aircon places in Pattaya where you can sit and meet friends. So they meet there for breakfast, dinner or lunch. They will buy something in the supermarket or at the food court.

If some of the guys have wrapped their beer in a shopping bag they might be from the USA, Australia or another country where drinking of alcohol in the public is not allowed (USA has exceptions). Therefore they hide the container and so nobody knows that they are drinking alcohol in the public ????

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will even see the old timers gather at McDonald's in the US and sit on their rumps for hours drinking half price coffee, as most restaurants ended free refills because of people like them.  Not cool when paying customers can't get a seat, like at T21 in bkk.. some even think they are saving money by not having home Internet, which is silly. 

16 hours ago, Beggar said:

"They had food and drink with them brought from outside and some were drinking beer out of a bottle wrapped in a bag." 

Mostly they buy this upstairs in the supermarket and consume it downstairs at the tables. In the supermarket they also cook food for you if you want. I would eat it downstairs too as long as it is hot. I think nobody has a problem with this and most of the time there are enough empty tables. 

Yes I do that on occasion, some freshly baked savories and a bottle of water from Big-CX, there aren't many seats in the Mall these days and my old legs get tired. Plenty of room for me. I am probably not the best dresser too. How am I a nuisance to others? 

49 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Can anyone tell me if these guys are beggars   ??  are they poor  ? 

They aren't beggars for sure. I watched some guys at at a table nearby sharing the contents of plastic containers along with stuff (bread etc) that appeared to have been bought at the Supermarket. Seemed very sociable to me. They weren't drinkers like we used to get in the old TOPs on Klang. It's like eating your sandwiches in the park back home.

32 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

OP, you sound like a judgemental busybody. Why do you care what other people do? Mind your own business. Mind you don't fall off your high horse.

some people do like to be judgemental and criticise others, i guess it makes them feel better about themselves. these guys arent doing any harm to anyone, live and let live.

If you judge these guys to be "scum" you lead too sheltered a life.

"Threadbare": Perhaps you should think "reduce, reuse, recycle"? They're doing what they can to slow down global warming. It's not like clothes are needed in this hot climate, other than to protect from sunburn... think of the energy that could be saved if the ladies only dressed like they did couple hundred years ago...

Maybe you're hoping you could become a volunteer mall cop like the farangs that become volunteer police?

"I'm the one that's gotta die when it's my time to die

So let me live

my life

the way I want to...." Hendrix

16 hours ago, madmen said:

nothing wrong with washing down food with a beer. Also there is a great choice of food there and they will even cook your steak or sausages or whatever. Its an ideal place to chat with the group

This group take up tables by the coffee kiosk near the small side door at the rear of the food court, think they own the spot and I’ve never seen them buy food there.Mostly French ,had run in with a couple recently who yelled at me and some locals to close the side door as they needed the aircon. Rude,arrogant and not a great ad for farangs in Pattaya.They do however understand Oz for rack off!

My wife and i were there on monday ,actually sat at the next table to a group ,my wife mentioned that it was the same group we always see ,they dont look scruffy , just a group of older men sitting in the air conditioning chatting , single i presume ,back in their home countrys more than likely be sitting in a cold room alone watching tv ,

ps a pony tail doesnt look good on a balding man in his later years,to one of the group (if your reading this)????

13 minutes ago, Olmate said:

This group take up tables by the coffee kiosk near the small side door at the rear of the food court, think they own the spot and I’ve never seen them buy food there.Mostly French ,had run in with a couple recently who yelled at me and some locals to close the side door as they needed the aircon. Rude,arrogant and not a great ad for farangs in Pattaya.They do however understand Oz for rack off!

thats the bunch

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I think I'd be minding my own business. It is unwise to judge people on appearances.

For example, my landlord ( in his seventies ) owns a house in London, an apartment on Sydney Harbor, a house in Kuala Lumpur, and another in Chiang Mai's Old City which has to be worth 25 million baht. He owns six apartments in my condo.

If you saw him, you would think he was down to his last 5 baht.

"It is unwise to judge people on appearances."  Not necessary, I will be very quick to judge these scum, and that is what they are, if, and that is a big if, any of them are sitting there in the food court shirtless.

Archived