Big C extra cheap Charlie meetings

scotinsiam

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"It is unwise to judge people on appearances."  Not necessary, I will be very quick to judge these scum, and that is what they are, if, and that is a big if, any of them are sitting there in the food court shirtless.

None of them are sitting there shirtless. Usually that is a trait for the bodybuilders!

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

some people do like to be judgemental and criticise others, i guess it makes them feel better about themselves. these guys arent doing any harm to anyone, live and let live.

I agree, don't mind the vests, as mentioned in the OP, just as long as none of them are shirtless

and showing off their big titties.

You know that the food they were eating was brought in from outside ? more than likely from upstairs,now a long time ago for me, but I did have the occasional glass of beer along with a few friends that was supplied in the food court,no doubt it has now gone.

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"It is unwise to judge people on appearances."  Not necessary, I will be very quick to judge these scum, and that is what they are, if, and that is a big if, any of them are sitting there in the food court shirtless.

Harsh people on this forum. It's never been a good thing to look down on those with less money. Anyway, maybe they have as much as everyone else, just go for a chat and something to do.

What does everyone else do? hang out in bars all day?

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

None of them are sitting there shirtless. Usually that is a trait for the bodybuilders!

I am really referring to the old guys who walk the streets and shopping malls shirtless, and may

I say that some of these overmuscled monkeymen look just as bad.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Harsh people on this forum. It's never been a good thing to look down on those with less money. Anyway, maybe they have as much as everyone else, just go for a chat and something to do.

What does everyone else do? hang out in bars all day?

I don't have a problem with any of these guys, as long as they keep their shirts and vests on.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I am really referring to the old guys who walk the streets and shopping malls shirtless, and may

I say that some of these overmuscled monkeymen look just as bad.

I can't say I have seen any in that mall for some time. Last time it was a couple of young Russians. (Putin wannabes?)

As to the strutting outdoor musclemen, I used to offer them a banana when I could run faster. 

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's just a meeting point for groups of older falang to get the AC and chat. They always looked like Italians to me

I am positive that several years ago there were italians hanging out in the old Tops down at the Pattaya Klang and second road intersection in the little food court they used to have there.  They were speaking Italiano anyway

21 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I would not call them scum.  But sure seems they are enjoying the air conditioning, the feeling of not being alone and seeing other people and things going on.  However bringing in food and drink is not the intent of the food court and at some point somebody will probably call them out on it.  Thais tend to not like to interfere or speak to strangers in situations like this.

Thais dont have a problem with people bringing their own food, especially in a food court. They do it all the time. I have often seen them do it even in a Thai restaurant/bar. It seems to be part of their culture.

When I lived in Pattaya the number of old guys walking around with their shirts unbuttoned or not wearing a shirt at all was gruelling to see.   Disgusting to say the least.  Have they no pride?  Would they act this way in their own  country?  Maybe, as well as the BIB and immigration we need fashion police to enforce some basic dress code.   And while they are at it have a word with some of the  guys wearing socks with their sandals!  

1 minute ago, Grumpy John said:

Would they act this way in their own  country? 

Are you kidding! If the sun comes out in the northern UK you have everyone with their shirts off... and in Newcastle they refuse to wear them in February!

its people who are broke, bro.

people who have lost self control and ended up drinking and whoring due to daily alcohol intake and the "friendliness" of the locals.

you cant blame them personally when living in a situation like that for so long. you have everyone and their dog yelling at you in their knickers to come in and spend money on something that only provides relief for a couple days before needing to be renewed. thats worse then a depreciating asset.

I have lived in that area for years and go to Big C almost every day. These old timers that hang around the food court daily, majority live in those housing condo projects Nirun Condo down the streets from Big C, most are retired and been living here on a small pension from their home countries for years and like killing time by having get together's in the food court which.

Ironic how so many make a fuss about where people consume.. in a country where the hosts drink just about anywhere imaginable, except for foreign owned bars.  Seen hospital patients drinkling on the terrace, with beers and rum purchased at the on-site minimarket, seen bus drivers crack a can every once in a while, same for uniformed police, and university students.  Would it be better if every e drank alone?  Also ironic how many of the big critics of the casual drinkers patronize and pay lip service to people involved with things like boiler room scams, real estate scams, steroid dealing, and fake degrees.  I can't blame them for skipping the bars, but I would avoid them for being bad customers.. some of them, anyways.  But never understood all the disdain for guys doing beers in front of mom and pop.. that is the Thai way. 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I do that on occasion, some freshly baked savories and a bottle of water from Big-CX, there aren't many seats in the Mall these days and my old legs get tired. Plenty of room for me. I am probably not the best dresser too. How am I a nuisance to others? 

If you read the many overstayer threads you will see how the do-gooders insist we are all ambassadors for our own countrys and how the law breakers give us a bad name. I'm sure they think the same about poorly dressed guys simply relaxing and chatting while they go shopping in a three piece suit and top hat.

Mind you I do see the funny side of a group of singlet wearing,7/11 beer drinking expats discussing how forcing the likes of themselves out of the country will collapse Thailand's economy.

Archived