No non OA visa extensions in Hua Hin because no health Insurance.

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Its easier to ask is there any other region which is not needing insurance for OA extensions. 

So far I dont think we have found one ?? 

OA-Rules.jpg

It is kind of hard to argue against those opening words "Extension of Stay".  One does not get an extension of stay in their home country, one gets the Non Imm OA visa there.  Now granted the order may be horribly written and not really saying what was intended.

• Like 1

But what if the foreigner have an international health insurance whats cover in and outpatient with mutch more than 400 000 THB. Can they only show the insurance card or  the police cetrificate? Because i not understand if the client has a mutch better health insurance with a high cover wy the need a Thai health insurance with a low coverage?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Haribo said:

But what if the foreigner have an international health insurance whats cover in and outpatient with mutch more than 400 000 THB. Can they only show the insurance card or  the police cetrificate? Because i not understand if the client has a mutch better health insurance with a high cover wy the need a Thai health insurance with a low coverage?  

Business as usual me thinks????????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haribo said:

Because thats the only way they have real 'control' of authorised policy purchase.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Uh huh.

Of course most everyone understands that this sign at Jomtien immigration office refers annual retirement extensions where the original visa was O-A.

Cheers.

They do?

There is no such thing as a retirement visa.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Except TI folks regularly seem to refer to extensions of stay by using the misnomer term "visa".

Not to mention, the author of the above notice writing in EN "...Form Web Side."

Obviously, written precision is not their forte.

• Like 2

from PHUKET Immigration Volunteers:

Medical Insurance:

If the retirement extension is based on a original Non-OA visa (Issued at the Thai Embassy in your home country) then a medical insurance has to be shown and included in the extension based on retirement.
Please use the following link https://longstay.tgia.org  to get more information about the required health insurance and the accepted health insurance companies.

If the retirement extension is based on a (single entry) Non-O visa or from a conversion from Non-B or a extension based on marriage etc then the health insurance is NOT required for the extension based retirement application.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

28 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Whilst correct I think that is splitting hairs. In my experience they have always called my extension based on retirement as a visa. They are Thai.

We are lucky they speak any other language.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pontious said:

Whilst correct I think that is splitting hairs. In my experience they have always called my extension based on retirement as a visa. They are Thai.

We are lucky they speak any other language.  

For me, I do actually think that thai say "VISA", due to the fact that there is way too many falangs that themselfs have no clue at all what is VISA, and what is not a VISA. So in order to make it easier for falangs, they just call it VISA, to help us out...

glegolo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, glegolo said:

For me, I do actually think that thai say "VISA", due to the fact that there is way too many falangs that themselfs have no clue at all what is VISA, and what is not a VISA. So in order to make it easier for falangs, they just call it VISA, to help us out...

glegolo

I agree. We know what they mean when they say , visa, The fact it is not politically correct is really no problem. At the end of the day it is there train set and they will run it as they seem fit.

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except TI folks regularly seem to refer to extensions of stay by using the misnomer term "visa".

Not to mention, the author of the above notice writing in EN "...Form Web Side."

Obviously, written precision is not their forte.

That's OK then, I guess, as long as everyone in immigration and the people who voted on the Cabinet Resolution dated 2 April 2019 use retirement visa to mean the same thing, ie "extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom for the reason of retirement"

"Immigrant Visa (O-A) (1 year validation)" and "Non-Retirement Visa" are mentioned in the first sentence of the first paragraph of the Cabinet Resolution which set into motion this health insurance mess with a Police Order, an Immigration Bureau Order and two Immigration Bureau Memorandums. Now, not to be outdone, individual immigration offices design their own notices, often badly worded, to add to the mayhem.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I call this dumbing down one's language to the perceived level of of understanding of the reader/listener.

Just now, Maestro said:

"Immigrant Visa (O-A) (1 year validation)" and "Non-Retirement Visa" are mentioned in the first sentence of the first paragraph of the Cabinet Resolution which set into motion this health insurance mess with a Police Order, an Immigration Bureau Order and two Immigration Bureau Memorandums. Now, not to be outdone, individual immigration offices design their own notices, often badly worded, to add to the mayhem.

Legalese aside, Immigration at large obviously can't even agree collectively on what their own regulations mean and how they should be enforced.

And they're presumably all working from the original Thai wordings the regs/orders were drafted in. Then when they try to put the original Thai into English, it only gets worse from there.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

from PHUKET Immigration Volunteers:

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

Thanks for the link. I think this is the clearest description that I've seen so far.

They even say they will check the 3 months 800k balance one year later. I was wondering when they will check it.

Edited by EricTh

21 minutes ago, Maestro said:

That's OK then, I guess, as long as everyone in immigration and the people who voted on the Cabinet Resolution dated 2 April 2019 use retirement visa to mean the same thing, ie "extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom for the reason of retirement"

"Immigrant Visa (O-A) (1 year validation)" and "Non-Retirement Visa" are mentioned in the first sentence of the first paragraph of the Cabinet Resolution which set into motion this health insurance mess with a Police Order, an Immigration Bureau Order and two Immigration Bureau Memorandums. Now, not to be outdone, individual immigration offices design their own notices, often badly worded, to add to the mayhem

The "retirement visa" in this document was added by Thaivisa's translator, it doesn't exist in the official Thai version. So the person who did this translation is "dumbing down one's language to the perceived level of of understanding of the reader/listener" similar to the IOs who write their texts.