Jump to content
BANGKOK
Haribo

No non OA visa extensions in Hua Hin because no health Insurance.

Recommended Posts

Normally a visa for marriage is of category "O" and not "O-A". Visa and extension of stay for category "O" don't need insurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Normally a visa for marriage is of category "O" and not "O-A". Visa and extension of stay for category "O" don't need insurance.

But there is no restriction to a person on an O-A permission applying for an Extension based on marriage to a Thai, and whether it needs insurance is very relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

But there is no restriction to a person on an O-A permission applying for an Extension based on marriage to a Thai, and whether it needs insurance is very relevant. 

A extension of stay is based on the original visa. It is not based on marriage or retirement.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, andre47 said:

OA-Rules.jpg


Original: https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d9c3b074d8a8f318362a8aa&fbclid=IwAR39UI_zBxVLedZKgZeAeYnvb0yyyIsr6SHPhnq64ohzACO7VsLUU_LlGn0


When I went last week to our Jomtien immigration the only criterion for the officer was whether the visa is "O-A" or not. (marriage or retirement is not important).

The very first sentence in the order after 2.22 says 'In case of retirement'

The criteria for consideration in the right hand column, are most certainly those for a retirement extension, not a marriage extension. For eg. being required to have a deposit of 800,000, and retaining it for 3 months after extension granted.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Normally a visa for marriage is of category "O" and not "O-A". Visa and extension of stay for category "O" don't need insurance.

I think you would find there are many like myself who came here on an O-A years ago, retire extensions then met a girl got married then switched to marriage extensions. The recent income letter and seasoning changes would have many original O-As switching to marriage extensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andre47 said:

A extension of stay is based on the original visa. It is not based on marriage or retirement.

Rubbish, I came here on an original OA visa and switched to a marriage extension, 3-4 friends have done the same.

You extend a stay, not a visa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Rubbish, I came here on an original OA visa and switched to a marriage extension, 3-4 friends have done the same.

You extend a stay, not a visa.

The visa grants you the stay and the extension extents the stay which the visa grants you.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you would find there are many like myself who came here on an O-A years ago, retire extensions then met a girl got married then switched to marriage extensions. The recent income letter and seasoning changes would have many original O-As switching to marriage extensions.

Then you should ask your immigration officer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, andre47 said:

The visa grants you the stay and the extension extents the stay which the visa grants you.

Yes thats right but the reason for the extension is not dependant on the reason for the original visa or original stay granted..

 

As many have done, I arrived on an OA, did retire extensions for many years then switched to marriage extensions, nothing to do with the original visa or stay.

 

I have a friend who has even done it the other way round, arrived on a marriage O, marriage extensions then switched to retire extensions.

Edited by Peterw42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, andre47 said:

A extension of stay is based on the original visa. It is not based on marriage or retirement.

One is simply required to have a Non-Imm Visa permission, it could be a 'B', I know of people whose Extension is based on an original Non-Imm-B. The Extension stamp says 'retirement' on it. I feel your statement above is incorrect. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

One is simply required to have a Non-Imm Visa permission, it could be a 'B', I know of people whose Extension is based on an original Non-Imm-B. The Extension stamp says 'retirement' on it. I feel your statement above is incorrect. 

Everything is possible here :).

I suggest that one of the guys with a "marriage extension" go and ask at his immigration and then report to us.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Then you should ask your immigration officer.

Yes, eventually. At the moment its not even 100% clear in regards to retire extensions (with an original OA). 

I think a good chance its going to end up like all the other changes and be enforced (or not) on an individual office basis.

 

I just did my marriage extension so I have 10 months for the dust to settle.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, thaitero said:

Jomtien /pattaya

jomtienoa1.jpg

Seems pretty clear what immigration's status on insurance is for over 50's in retirement visas, get the health insurance or you will be denied!

Edited by Maestro
Removed trolling part of the post.
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Seems pretty clear what immigration's status on insurance is for over 50's in retirement visas, get the health insurance or you will be denied!

Just makes them go get a Non-Imm-O and start again, or get an Extension based on marriage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...