BANGKOK
Haribo

No non OA visa extensions in Hua Hin because no health Insurance.

Normally a visa for marriage is of category "O" and not "O-A". Visa and extension of stay for category "O" don't need insurance.

6 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Normally a visa for marriage is of category "O" and not "O-A". Visa and extension of stay for category "O" don't need insurance.

But there is no restriction to a person on an O-A permission applying for an Extension based on marriage to a Thai, and whether it needs insurance is very relevant. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

But there is no restriction to a person on an O-A permission applying for an Extension based on marriage to a Thai, and whether it needs insurance is very relevant. 

A extension of stay is based on the original visa. It is not based on marriage or retirement.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, andre47 said:

OA-Rules.jpg

Original: https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d9c3b074d8a8f318362a8aa&fbclid=IwAR39UI_zBxVLedZKgZeAeYnvb0yyyIsr6SHPhnq64ohzACO7VsLUU_LlGn0

When I went last week to our Jomtien immigration the only criterion for the officer was whether the visa is "O-A" or not. (marriage or retirement is not important).

The very first sentence in the order after 2.22 says 'In case of retirement'

The criteria for consideration in the right hand column, are most certainly those for a retirement extension, not a marriage extension. For eg. being required to have a deposit of 800,000, and retaining it for 3 months after extension granted.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I think you would find there are many like myself who came here on an O-A years ago, retire extensions then met a girl got married then switched to marriage extensions. The recent income letter and seasoning changes would have many original O-As switching to marriage extensions.

Just now, andre47 said:

A extension of stay is based on the original visa. It is not based on marriage or retirement.

Rubbish, I came here on an original OA visa and switched to a marriage extension, 3-4 friends have done the same.

You extend a stay, not a visa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Rubbish, I came here on an original OA visa and switched to a marriage extension, 3-4 friends have done the same.

You extend a stay, not a visa.

The visa grants you the stay and the extension extents the stay which the visa grants you.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you would find there are many like myself who came here on an O-A years ago, retire extensions then met a girl got married then switched to marriage extensions. The recent income letter and seasoning changes would have many original O-As switching to marriage extensions.

Then you should ask your immigration officer.

7 minutes ago, andre47 said:

The visa grants you the stay and the extension extents the stay which the visa grants you.

Yes thats right but the reason for the extension is not dependant on the reason for the original visa or original stay granted..

As many have done, I arrived on an OA, did retire extensions for many years then switched to marriage extensions, nothing to do with the original visa or stay.

I have a friend who has even done it the other way round, arrived on a marriage O, marriage extensions then switched to retire extensions.

Edited by Peterw42

11 minutes ago, andre47 said:

One is simply required to have a Non-Imm Visa permission, it could be a 'B', I know of people whose Extension is based on an original Non-Imm-B. The Extension stamp says 'retirement' on it. I feel your statement above is incorrect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

One is simply required to have a Non-Imm Visa permission, it could be a 'B', I know of people whose Extension is based on an original Non-Imm-B. The Extension stamp says 'retirement' on it. I feel your statement above is incorrect. 

Everything is possible here :).

I suggest that one of the guys with a "marriage extension" go and ask at his immigration and then report to us.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Then you should ask your immigration officer.

Yes, eventually. At the moment its not even 100% clear in regards to retire extensions (with an original OA). 

I think a good chance its going to end up like all the other changes and be enforced (or not) on an individual office basis.

I just did my marriage extension so I have 10 months for the dust to settle.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, thaitero said:

Jomtien /pattaya

jomtienoa1.jpg

Seems pretty clear what immigration's status on insurance is for over 50's in retirement visas, get the health insurance or you will be denied!

Edited by Maestro
Removed trolling part of the post.
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Seems pretty clear what immigration's status on insurance is for over 50's in retirement visas, get the health insurance or you will be denied!

Just makes them go get a Non-Imm-O and start again, or get an Extension based on marriage. 

• Like 1