BANGKOK
Haribo

No non OA visa extensions in Hua Hin because no health Insurance.

7 minutes ago, lampangguy said:

Okay, I am on an extension of stay, not an extension of visa...but in any case my visa expired in 2016, way way way before October 30 2019....I have not left the country since I came in on that visa in 2016. By the wording on that sign, insurance not required. It seems straightforward...maybe I am missing something. 

If you have a visa cat "O-A" you will need an insurance the next time when you will apply for an extension of stay.

9 minutes ago, lampangguy said:

Okay, I am on an extension of stay, not an extension of visa...but in any case my visa expired in 2016, way way way before October 30 2019....I have not left the country since I came in on that visa in 2016. By the wording on that sign, insurance not required. It seems straightforward...maybe I am missing something. 

78166EAA-6F73-415C-9178-07B9C622CCF4.jpeg.286c65dac92ebf51cc2d817db7c1fce2.jpeg

I think it depends who you ask at this stage, people are reporting yes, no, maybe.

7 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Probably not the same cost, even not counting insurance requirements.  Even the Elite visa holders have to pay the 1900 baht yearly fee for an extension of stay

Often same cost or less when insurance taken into account depending on age and whether comparing 5 or 20 year Elite option.

I think a big consideration is whether one already has insurance (and thus the required insurance cost is a complete waste) or not (if not then, although overpriced, you may get at least something out of it).

The other concern is the possibility of  insurance requirement coming in for Elite as well.  As Elite is a type of tourist visa I THINK any future insurance requirement would be linked to whatever is done for TVs and I THINK however they decide to do it for TVs it will not entail buying a local policy.  "Think" not know of course. 

On 11/17/2019 at 8:32 AM, bbi1 said:

Yep, an Elite visa seems to be the best option these days. I remember recently on a Non-OA said an Elite visa works out to be the same cost as an over-50s visa anyway.

B.S.

HIvsThaiElite.pdf

23 minutes ago, lampangguy said:

78166EAA-6F73-415C-9178-07B9C622CCF4.jpeg.286c65dac92ebf51cc2d817db7c1fce2.jpeg

I think where this sign says "visa expiry" they mean permission of stay.

It would make no sense to single out people with OA visas with visa expiry after Oct 31. Those would be visas issued in Oct 2018.

Either one thinks the new rules apply only to OA visas issued after 31 Oct 2019,  or to any new permission of stay or extension of stay deriving from an OA after 31 Oct 2019...but by no logic would it apply only to OA visas issued after Oct 2018.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

ok baited.. whats coming?

I wasn't hinting I knew exactly what - sorry about that. I meant that I do not see them slowing down on their impositions against Expats living in Thailand.  Hey maybe they have finished and the health insurance scam for O-As was the last of it. But I am very sure it is not and that there is more to come.

18 hours ago, jackdd said:

It says เพื่อใช้ชีวิตในบั้นปลาย which means "retirement" in Thai immigration lingo.

Judging from the length of the Thai text it looks like some paraphrase. Is it "Lizzard getting money for doing nothing"?

• Haha 1