No non OA visa extensions in Hua Hin because no health Insurance.

13 hours ago, SEtonal said:

from PHUKET Immigration Volunteers:

Medical Insurance:

If the retirement extension is based on a original Non-OA visa (Issued at the Thai Embassy in your home country) then a medical insurance has to be shown and included in the extension based on retirement.
Please use the following link https://longstay.tgia.org  to get more information about the required health insurance and the accepted health insurance companies.

If the retirement extension is based on a (single entry) Non-O visa or from a conversion from Non-B or a extension based on marriage etc then the health insurance is NOT required for the extension based retirement application.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

What if you came in on an OA and want to extend on a marriage extension?

Edited by blackcab
Coloured font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

3 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

What if you came in on an OA and want to extend on a marriage extension?

No insurance required, they only changed the requirements for a retirement extension if on a non-OA visa.

In some thread here was a guy who was told by his IO that insurance would be required (OA visa -> marriage extension), but imho this IO was wrong, because that's not what the police order says.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

So, if one believes what several IO offices are asserting, the insurance requirements not only apply to one getting their initial Non Imm OA visa in their home country and having to get insurance before even getting that visa, but to anybody that had an OA visa and is now requesting an extension of stay.

Frankly the Elite Visa at 500k baht, and if extendable for a 6th year is becoming more palatable. 500k baht at 6 years and at 30 baht to 1 USD works out to about 2700 USD per year.  Not an unreasonable fee to be able to stay in a country especialy if one already has fine insurance.  Now less immigration issues, less renewal or extension issues, etc.  It kind of throws the idea of a reasonable over 50 retirement visa out the window

Well there is no guarantee that the Elite visa won't require that same insurance later. Just saying. 

• Like 2

So, the discussion is about the fact the io,s wrote visa, not extension??

And all the previous reassurances that absolutely the medical insurance was only for new OA,s, retirement extensions were excluded??

Today it doesn,t effect me, but I feel for whom it does.

I am sure as eggs is eggs that it is only a question of time that it will spread to all over 50,s. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, lexilis said:

I am retired now but I worked (with WP) many years here and receive Thai Social Security benefits (which covers every medical expense). Surely that will count as sufficient insurance for visa renewal but I see no allowance for that in the posted regulations. This is ridiculous.

Then I would presume you do not have an Extension originating from an O-A Visa entry and Permit to Stay! So not likely a concern. 

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

There is no such thing as a retirement visa.

I suppose it all boils down to your interpretation of the wording, see (6) below, i.e. only for alien who has been granted Non-Immigrant Visa Class O-A, again the mention of the word "Visa" in (1), and yes we all know it becomes an extension of stay after a year, but technically speaking, I interpret it as a "Visa", which is extendable annually, i.e. if you can meet the criteria each year, you receive an "Extension of Stay for a further 12 months", that said, Visa's around the world can be cancelled by the respective Ministers handling those portfolio's, as can passports be revoked/cancelled, and there we all though citizenships/passports were gold.

I mean think about it, without a Non-Immigrant Visa you wouldn't get to 1st base, please correct me if I'm wrong. Who's on 1st, no Who's on 2nd, see where I am going with this ?

OA-Rules.jpg.d73790a9a3b0cc795c3e94e510d69f18.jpg

Edited by 4MyEgo

13 hours ago, SEtonal said:

from PHUKET Immigration Volunteers:

Medical Insurance:

If the retirement extension is based on a original Non-OA visa (Issued at the Thai Embassy in your home country) then a medical insurance has to be shown and included in the extension based on retirement.
Please use the following link https://longstay.tgia.org  to get more information about the required health insurance and the accepted health insurance companies.

If the retirement extension is based on a (single entry) Non-O visa or from a conversion from Non-B or a extension based on marriage etc then the health insurance is NOT required for the extension based retirement application.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

Great even more confusion... so what if you have a Multi-Entry Non-O Visa (based on being over 50) - Is it counted the same as a Single Entry Non-O or a Multi Entry Non-OA ????

[Yes it is a Non-O, got it in Penang & yes it is Multi Entry, came in & out on it approx 20 times]...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

so what if you have a Multi-Entry Non-O Visa (based on being over 50) - Is it counted the same as a Single Entry Non-O or a Multi Entry Non-OA ????

It is a Non-Imm-O. Irrespective of the number of entries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Haribo said:

One of our clients just came to us from immigration in Hua Hin. The customer is continuously for 4 years with annual extensions of an OA visa in Thailand. He has not received a new extension because he had no health insurance certificate. This means that in Hua Hin even with an extension of an OA visa the proof of insurance must be present. So not only at new exhibitions abroad but also with extensions in Thailand. Can someone from another region confirm or deny this to me? Thanks

My understanding is this only applies to any new Non-Immigrant Visa Class O-A issued after 31 October 2019, perhaps your client should go back to see the IO's at Hua Hin and discuss ?

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My understanding is this only applies to any new Non-Immigrant Visa Class O-A issued after 31 October 2019, perhaps your client should go back to see the IO's at Hua Hin and discuss ?

all that red highlighting and october 31st is not even on this quoted page!!

can you please explain how this relates to "your understanding"?

thanks!

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

thanks!

Your correct, it wasn't on the previous page, glad you raised it, see below

Screenshot_title_rp_548_2562_v2.png

Screenshot_section_2_rp_548_2562_v2.png

23 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

thanks!

Probably because it's not really relevant, unless you can time travel.

If you apply for an extension from now on, the new rules will apply.

No O-A  need heallthinsurance hmmm

and NON O extension dont need hmmmm

THE next thing will be the cancelation of all NON O  and NON O MULTI  Visas

and this followed byan ADD ON ..for grandaftherd Visas ( i had a nice add on in 2003)

..than everybody must apply with o-a , and everybody need special thai nonsens insurance ( 400k for hosiptal haahha 2 days could cost ou this already and a more stupid OPD w 40k)

welcome to thailand.........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lapamita said:

No O-A  need heallthinsurance hmmm

and NON O extension dont need hmmmm

THE next thing will be the cancelation of all NON O  and NON O MULTI  Visas

and this followed byan ADD ON ..for grandaftherd Visas ( i had a nice add on in 2003)

..than everybody must apply with o-a , and everybody need special thai nonsens insurance ( 400k for hosiptal haahha 2 days could cost ou this already and a more stupid OPD w 40k)

welcome to thailand.........

Why cancel Non-Os when you can just change the order so Non-O holders also have to get insurance

So basically if it applies to OA originally issued before 31 Oct as well they are NOT grandfathering.

So you could be on an OA and at an age where the required Thai insurance will not be issued - for now you can leave and get an O and start the process again, but for how long, or how long until the insurance requirement applies to that as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Why cancel Non-Os when you can just change the order so Non-O holders also have to get insurance

for closing a loop hole

i stay on NON o multis since 2004....since my super experience with immi on grandaftherd visa in 2003.....

for me doesnt matter, after 31 yrs thailand.leaving end of february, if me leave its at he end not only me

as long bars and fun is here, will still come in the winter for 2 month, to enjoy the best what thailand has to offer,as long as it exist.............

Just now, andre47 said:

Yes, this is a big problem and most insurances will never sign the overseas insurance certificate.

Once again they are asking for something that the body they are demanding supplies it won't supply it. Not even checking if what they are demanding is will actually be provided by the body they demand it be provided by is a new low.