Would DC embassy approve my visa?

I was just in thailand on a tourist visa, and I applied for my tourist visa by the mail and they require to see your flight information. I had a 3 month roundtrip and that got accepted. Next time I want to go for 5 months. Ubonjoe said that they accept a flight out of thailand within 3 months. I plan on using a fake ticket from something like bestonwardticket.com . So I plan on sending them both my 5month roundtrip flight, and also a flight out of thailand with a ticket from bestonwardticket. Would they approve my visa, or would they decline it seeing as my roundtrip is 5 months? If they would decline it, then what I'd plan on doing is showing up at the airport and getting a visa excemption, and show a ticket from bestonwardticket if asked for my onward travel.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, use fake tickets! That will be good for all future changes to the worse, when Immigration finally catch up with the wide spread use of those. Thank you for your kind gesture to make things better, Sir.

For some it is a practical solution to an immigration created problem. It is no more of a problem than buying a very cheap, real ticket that you have no intention of using or of getting a full-fare, fully refundable ticket that you turn in after getting through immigration. 

In my case, when I come back from the US in January, I will come in visa exempt. When I get here, I head directly to CM, get my paperwork in order for a non-O in Laos, and then head out on my motorcycle. I'll be exiting Thailand well before the 30 days is up and will have no need for a flight ticket out. While I could do as the OP suggested and use something like bestonwardticket.com, I am too cheap. I'll most likely just get a full-fare, fully refundable ticket and turn it in as soon as I clear immigration at Bangkok. Any of the three methods result in the same outcome. 

David

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Having the round trip ticket and a one way ticket out within 3 months would be accepted.

nono, i want to come on a 5 month round trip. could i send the embassy both of my tickets: the 5 month round trip, and the ticket from bestonwardtickets showing going from TH to another country within 60 days

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, use fake tickets! That will be good for all future changes to the worse, when Immigration finally catch up with the wide spread use of those. Thank you for your kind gesture to make things better, Sir.

drop the sarcasm. and its not technically fake, the site reserves the flight and then cancels it later

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

nono, i want to come on a 5 month round trip. could i send the embassy both of my tickets: the 5 month round trip, and the ticket from bestonwardtickets showing going from TH to another country within 60 days

I think that what said other than 60 days.

You can show both tickets.

22 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

For some it is a practical solution to an immigration created problem. It is no more of a problem than buying a very cheap, real ticket that you have no intention of using or of getting a full-fare, fully refundable ticket that you turn in after getting through immigration. 

In my case, when I come back from the US in January, I will come in visa exempt. When I get here, I head directly to CM, get my paperwork in order for a non-O in Laos, and then head out on my motorcycle. I'll be exiting Thailand well before the 30 days is up and will have no need for a flight ticket out. While I could do as the OP suggested and use something like bestonwardticket.com, I am too cheap. I'll most likely just get a full-fare, fully refundable ticket and turn it in as soon as I clear immigration at Bangkok. Any of the three methods result in the same outcome. 

David

so instead of paying 12 usd for the fake ticket, you buy a real one, and refund it? could you tell me how to find refundable tickets? ive only ever bought tickets on sites like skyscanner/expedia and i dont think ive ever been able to refund.

8 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

so instead of paying 12 usd for the fake ticket, you buy a real one, and refund it? could you tell me how to find refundable tickets? ive only ever bought tickets on sites like skyscanner/expedia and i dont think ive ever been able to refund.

Almost all regular airlines (not the low cost ones like Air Asia) sell full fair tickets that are fully refundable. Just make sure you check the information before you purchase it. Also look for airlines that don't have any administrative fees for refunds.

David

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

Almost all regular airlines (not the low cost ones like Air Asia) sell full fair tickets that are fully refundable. Just make sure you check the information before you purchase it. Also look for airlines that don't have any administrative fees for refunds.

David

what website or app do you usually buy your tickets on?

22 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

I haven't done it in a while but I booked direct with Korean Air. Refund was easy and no fee. As I note, it has been a while and things have changed. Make sure you read the fine print.

David

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Have you checked the Air Asia or Lion Air websites for a one way ticket to any nearby country and from any airport here.

You can find very low fares purchased in advance.

Air Asia will refund the taxes paid for when the ticket was purchased. In some cases that is about half the cost of it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked the Air Asia or Lion Air websites for a one way ticket to any nearby country and from any airport here.

You can find very low fares purchased in advance.

Air Asia will refund the taxes paid for when the ticket was purchased. In some cases that is about half the cost of it.

so in order to get refunds on flights you have to go directly to the airline's websites? i always book on expedia/skyscanner and have never seen how you can refund

3 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

so in order to get refunds on flights you have to go directly to the airline's websites? i always book on expedia/skyscanner and have never seen how you can refund

You can still get a refund if you buy it through an agency.

The ticket is still issued by the airline. You just have to look at their terms and conditions.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

Not a wise idea...could be denied a visa with 5 months air ticket...IMHO

7 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

Not a wise idea...could be denied a visa with 5 months air ticket...IMHO

Read his post again. He plans on having a one way ticket within 60 days along with the 5 month ticket.

7 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

the 5 month round trip, and the ticket from bestonwardtickets showing going from TH to another country within 60 days

5 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

You can look for the flights on any of the booking sites. However, realize that there are no low price tickets that are fully refundable. Indeed, many full fare tickets have cancellation fees. Given the possibility of booking cheap tickets out of Thailand for 1,000 baht or less, the hassle of purchasing a 15,000 baht ticket and applying for a refund is not worthwhile for most of us.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 1:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

Read his post again. He plans on having a one way ticket within 60 days along with the 5 month ticket.

@ubonjoe when i get my tourist visa in the US using the 5 month roundtrip + the bestonwardtravel ticket, will i need to get another bestonwardtravel ticket to show the immigration officer, or will the officer not ask me for onward travel proof?

3 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

@ubonjoe when i get my tourist visa in the US using the 5 month roundtrip + the bestonwardtravel ticket, will i need to get another bestonwardtravel ticket to show the immigration officer, or will the officer not ask me for onward travel proof?

Immigration seldom ask to see a ticket out if you have a valid visa for entry since by the rules it is not required.

If think the throw away ticket would show that is is still valid. It only becomes invalid on the airlines computers.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration seldom ask to see a ticket out if you have a valid visa for entry since by the rules it is not required.

If think the throw away ticket would show that is is still valid. It only becomes invalid on the airlines computers.

Ok thanks. One more thing, on border runs to cambodia where you are just going in and out for visa exemption, do they ask you for proof of 20k thb? And with laos border runs where you go and get a tourist visa and come back to thailand, do they ask to see 20k thb?

11 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

One more thing, on border runs to cambodia where you are just going in and out for visa exemption, do they ask you for proof of 20k thb?

The requirement is 10k baht for a visa exempt entry (20k baht is for visa entries). Most border crossings will not ask to see it but it would best to have it with you incase they did ask.

11 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

And with laos border runs where you go and get a tourist visa and come back to thailand, do they ask to see 20k thb?

Normally not asked for.