Jump to content
BANGKOK
noodleslayer

Would DC embassy approve my visa?

Recommended Posts

If you need it for meeting Immigration-entry requirements and don't intend to use it, you can buy a cheap ticket from Bangkok to a neighboring country for under 30 US $.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

nono, i want to come on a 5 month round trip. could i send the embassy both of my tickets: the 5 month round trip, and the ticket from bestonwardtickets showing going from TH to another country within 60 days

Not a wise idea...could be denied a visa with 5 months air ticket...IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

Not a wise idea...could be denied a visa with 5 months air ticket...IMHO

Read his post again. He plans on having a one way ticket within 60 days along with the 5 month ticket.

7 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

the 5 month round trip, and the ticket from bestonwardtickets showing going from TH to another country within 60 days

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

so in order to get refunds on flights you have to go directly to the airline's websites? i always book on expedia/skyscanner and have never seen how you can refund

You can look for the flights on any of the booking sites. However, realize that there are no low price tickets that are fully refundable. Indeed, many full fare tickets have cancellation fees. Given the possibility of booking cheap tickets out of Thailand for 1,000 baht or less, the hassle of purchasing a 15,000 baht ticket and applying for a refund is not worthwhile for most of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 1:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

Read his post again. He plans on having a one way ticket within 60 days along with the 5 month ticket.

 

@ubonjoe when i get my tourist visa in the US using the 5 month roundtrip + the bestonwardtravel ticket, will i need to get another bestonwardtravel ticket to show the immigration officer, or will the officer not ask me for onward travel proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

@ubonjoe when i get my tourist visa in the US using the 5 month roundtrip + the bestonwardtravel ticket, will i need to get another bestonwardtravel ticket to show the immigration officer, or will the officer not ask me for onward travel proof?

Immigration seldom ask to see a ticket out if you have a valid visa for entry since by the rules it is not required.

If think the throw away ticket would show that is is still valid. It only becomes invalid on the airlines computers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration seldom ask to see a ticket out if you have a valid visa for entry since by the rules it is not required.

If think the throw away ticket would show that is is still valid. It only becomes invalid on the airlines computers.

Ok thanks. One more thing, on border runs to cambodia where you are just going in and out for visa exemption, do they ask you for proof of 20k thb? And with laos border runs where you go and get a tourist visa and come back to thailand, do they ask to see 20k thb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

One more thing, on border runs to cambodia where you are just going in and out for visa exemption, do they ask you for proof of 20k thb?

The requirement is 10k baht for a visa exempt entry (20k baht is for visa entries). Most border crossings will not ask to see it but it would best to have it with you incase they did ask.

11 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

And with laos border runs where you go and get a tourist visa and come back to thailand, do they ask to see 20k thb?

Normally not asked for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...