Have you ever been this drunk.....Thai man's story of his stolen car

webfact

Have you ever been this drunk.....Thai man's story of his stolen car

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: Sorry about that...I was drunk

Sanook reported that a 50 year old Thai man called Srimuang was ranting and raving at a gas station in Lampang, northern Thailand, on Saturday night. 

He told everyone who would listen at the PTT that he had arrived in his Honda Civic and parked outside the 7-Eleven to get some soda. He had left the engine running and when he came out someone had stolen his car.

The police were called and they radioed ahead to other stations to look out for the stolen vehicle. 

CCTV was then checked to get a vital lead in the case. 

It was then that investigators saw that Srimuang had arrived at the gas station in a vehicle driven by one of his mates. He was seen waving goodbye as his mate drove off and Srimuang went into the convenience store. 

Clearly the worse for wear due to drink Srimuang was still in denial. He was adamant that his car had been pinched.

Finally after thirty minutes the penny began to drop and he accepted the evidence of his own eyes thanks to the CCTV footage. 

He gave a few deep 'wais' to the gas station staff for his outbursts and apologized profusely to the police for wasting their time. It was all coming back to him now....

He said he had been at a wedding and, yes, his friend had given him a lift.......

"I remember now......I was drunk", he said. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-12

I have a mate who left his car in a lot because no one would give him the key. The next morning whilst looking for the parking stub he found a ticket for a TV that he had given for repair a year before just across the road. So he went and collected his TV and then went home.

Never been that drunk, although I do recall waking up in someone's apartment with no one in it late one morning, I slowly got up, got dressed real quick, and exited like there was no tomorrow.

Still to this day 3 decades ago, I have no recollection of who's place it was, or who took me there, and I didn't stick around to find out, although I did ask my mates who I was out with the previous night, If they knew who I left the club with and they all shrugged their shoulders saying it was another big night for all.

Ah the good old days....lol

There was a thread here on Thaivisa in 2013  about a reward for someone's "stolen" Buick   ????

thanks @PC800

Recently I myself thought my bicycle had been stolen again..went asking the neighbours if they had seen someone take it..then remembered where I'd left it he night before :blush:   ( only 2 beers honest)

Back in Uni, yeah... Sometimes I would wake up next to a girl... sometimes a hottie, sometimes a nottie... with no idea where I am or who I am with other than a couple of flashbacks from the evening before... all good fun. 

.... an unsurpassable amount of skill is required to delicately extract and navigate oneself out of a house full of student females with a hangover !!

In this case - the pished up amnesiac had friends who were decent enough not to let him drive !

As a student a friend of mine could not find his car in his rented lot in a park house. He reported it stolen. After 4 weeks police came to him as they suspected an insurance fraud. His car had been found in a park house next to his at exactly the same parking lot he had rented in the other house. The car was full of notes and stickers from the renter asking him to remove it who finally called police.

My know it all brother in law drove into a multi story shopping center car park. On level 5 he left his wife and 3 kids in the parked car while he went to collect a crate of wine. When he returned his car, wife and kids were gone. Disappeared. He ran to security who called the cops who came within minutes and started checking CV and issuing alerts. There was pandemonium. The local radio and tv turned up. He was frantic. After about 20 minutes the police returned and informed him that no need to worry they found his car and family. Where he asked relieved. Just where you left them on the 5th floor. He was on the 6th floor.

A friend of mine, out for a night on the town with friends

, started drinking in one pub and midway through the evening they decided to relocate to another pub.  he caught a ride with a friend to the second pub leaving his vehicle at the first one.  Come time to go home he couldn't find his vehicle so reported it stolen.  Next morning it all clicked!  He rushed off to the police station and apologized for the false report.  He told the police "Not only do I have a drinking problem but I also have amnesia!"  Everyone had a good laugh!

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Never been that drunk, although I do recall waking up in someone's apartment with no one in it late one morning, I slowly got up, got dressed real quick, and exited like there was no tomorrow.

Still to this day 3 decades ago, I have no recollection of who's place it was, or who took me there, and I didn't stick around to find out, although I did ask my mates who I was out with the previous night, If they knew who I left the club with and they all shrugged their shoulders saying it was another big night for all.

I once asked a young lad 'If you went t o a party ,got really smashed and woke up with your trousers down and Vaseline smeared over your backside,would you tell anyone ?' 

'No' he hesitantly stuttered. 

"Do you wanna come to a party" I asked... ???? 

27 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I once asked a young lad 'If you went t o a party ,got really smashed and woke up with your trousers down and Vaseline smeared over your backside,would you tell anyone ?' 

'No' he hesitantly stuttered. 

"Do you wanna come to a party" I asked... ???? 

Boo Hoo, an oldie but a goodie for the gays of the world no doubt.

Yep.... 18th birthday peeed as a newt!

Had a night out with another friend whose birthday was 3 days after mine so we had a joint 18th 

promised to get each other home safely as we were in town & not far from walking/staggering home.

I woke up at 5am at the back of the pub with a no parking sign over me to keep off the cold... no sign of my mate. Caught up with him later and started to chastise him for not getting me home as promised, he said where were you... I woke up next door in the church cemetery!!!

Was a good night... the bit I can remember!

Have you ever been this drunk

Without a doubt!

During the early seventies, I was a seasonal coach driver in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

One night, I was at an end of season coach drivers' party at one of the inns that I used to take holiday-makers to on an evening tour.  I remember dancing on top of the bar at 2am.  Then, a blank memory until 4pm when I woke-up in my own bed 5 miles away.  It took me 2 days to find my car, which I had apparently abandoned some way from where I lived; it had a bad scrape on the N/S/R wing, where I was later told that I had scraped it on a granite wall as I went round a bend.  I was extremely lucky that night that I didn't cause injury or worse to anybody.  

I only got drunk once a year, from April to October, inclusive.  I call them the good-old-days; we all do some stupid things when we are younger, but looking back on those days now, I can see how irresponsible I was.  I don't drink and drive at all now, and haven't done for some time.  It still puts a smile on my face when I'm wandering down the 70s memory lane, and if I could turn the clock back, I wouldn't change a thing.

Many years ago I had been terribly drunk one night and woke up next morning wondering where exactly I had left my motorcycle - was it Khao San or Sukhumvit? It was going to take ages to find out I thought, until I passed it walking out of the condo parking lot on the way to getting a taxi.

These days the strongest drink I usually have is M-150.

Rooster

I've been drunk enough to forget the previous evenings shenanigans more times than I care to remember - pun intended. 

However, one time was actually a little scary. 

I was away on business and I woke up in my hotel room the following morning. I looked around and there was some woman's clothes around: jeans, shirt, shoes, jacket, purse etc.

I had no memory at all.

I looked in the woman's purse. Her wallet was there, lots of cash, driver's license, credit cards etc etc. Everything was in order. She was really a looker too! And married! But...she was gone. All the towels and blankets were in the room and she was gone.

She left the room bare-naked. She had to have done so. Everything she owned was in my room and none of my clothes were missing. She didn't leave wrapped in a blanket or towel cuz they were all accounted for.

I gathered her belongings when I left and dropped them at the front counter telling the staff someone would likely be around to collect it at some point. Then I left.

I never found out what happened. To this day I am completely in the dark. I was worried. If she showed up dead in an alley, God forbid, I was the last person she was with. 

A week or so later a colleague stayed at the same hotel and casually asked about the bag that was left. The front counter staff said a woman picked it up the next day. 

Mysteries..........

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Back in Uni, yeah... Sometimes I would wake up next to a girl... sometimes a hottie, sometimes a nottie... with no idea where I am or who I am with other than a couple of flashbacks from the evening before... all good fun. 

.... an unsurpassable amount of skill is required to delicately extract and navigate oneself out of a house full of student females with a hangover !!

In this case - the pished up amnesiac had friends who were decent enough not to let him drive !

Back when I was much younger, drunk and stupid, we used to describe waking up beside a nottie after a night of drinking as a "one coyote" or a "two coyote." Like the coyote who would chew through his own leg to get released from a trap, you would think of chewing off your own arm while the lady was sleeping on it rather than wake her up. That was a "one coyote." 

A "two coyote" was when you were so ashamed of your terrible bad taste that you would chew off your other arm to make sure it never happened again!

More than 20 years ago, mates and I had a really big night, and I drove home after that. Thank goodness the club was just 10 minutes from home. Still, the journey was a complete blur. Woke up the next morning, found I hardly made it past my living room and literally slept on the steps leading to the dining area (house had split levels for living/dining area) and still in my street clothes. Went outside to check on the car - nary a scratch to be found, and it was parked perfectly. I was very, very lucky that time. Things could've gone the other way. I could've killed someone. I swore to myself if I plan on getting sloshed, I will never, ever drive. I've kept that promise until today. Still thanking my lucky stars nothing happened that night.

My eldest son a few years back got to the house after a session and found his key wouldn't open the front door, so he quickly got fed up and tried the car door, success it wasn't locked, so curled up for the night on the back seat, whats the problem with that i hear you say the problem was we had  moved house 3 years earlier.

Many years ago, on a Saturday night, I took part in a "lock in" at my local pub in North London. I was there until at least 3.00 in the morning, possibly later.

The following day, 12.00 noon, I was back in the same pub for a hair of the dog. As I walked through the door, the barmaid looked up and asked "Do you remember taking all your clothes off in here last night?"

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

I've been drunk enough to forget the previous evenings shenanigans more times than I care to remember - pun intended. 

However, one time was actually a little scary. 

I was away on business and I woke up in my hotel room the following morning. I looked around and there was some woman's clothes around: jeans, shirt, shoes, jacket, purse etc.

I had no memory at all.

I looked in the woman's purse. Her wallet was there, lots of cash, driver's license, credit cards etc etc. Everything was in order. She was really a looker too! And married! But...she was gone. All the towels and blankets were in the room and she was gone.

She left the room bare-naked. She had to have done so. Everything she owned was in my room and none of my clothes were missing. She didn't leave wrapped in a blanket or towel cuz they were all accounted for.

I gathered her belongings when I left and dropped them at the front counter telling the staff someone would likely be around to collect it at some point. Then I left.

I never found out what happened. To this day I am completely in the dark. I was worried. If she showed up dead in an alley, God forbid, I was the last person she was with. 

A week or so later a colleague stayed at the same hotel and casually asked about the bag that was left. The front counter staff said a woman picked it up the next day. 

Mysteries..........

Maaan,...This could have been the beginning of a great story !?...

4 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Back when I was much younger, drunk and stupid, we used to describe waking up beside a nottie after a night of drinking as a "one coyote" or a "two coyote." Like the coyote who would chew through his own leg to get released from a trap, you would think of chewing off your own arm while the lady was sleeping on it rather than wake her up. That was a "one coyote." 

A "two coyote" was when you were so ashamed of your terrible bad taste that you would chew off your other arm to make sure it never happened again!

GOOOOD One !!!

On 11/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Well I only nipped out to get some breakfast for us both and when I got back you had done a runner! Good night though, wasn't it ????.  I still have the lubricant that you left behind if you want it back? 

As for this article, I think the police should charge him for being drunk in charge of an imaginary vehicle!

I was extremely lucky to be a barman in the biggest discotheque in my town in my crucial young years that formed me to confront the rest of my life. there are 2 kinds of Barmen, alcoholics or non drinkers,.....

One of the reasons I was a non drinker is that one of my best friends I worked with woke up next to the most gorgeous girl in town after a night out drinking !!! The kind of girl we were all secretly in love with but could never NEVER get !!! He couldn't remember anything !!! He didn't remember what happened and if they did something last night ??? and he didn't know how to handle that situation and left in shame,...later every time he crossed her on the street he nodded his head to salute her but got nothing in return....

I couldn't bare the thought of spending a night with the most beautiful girl in town and not remember anything !?!

On 11/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, VocalNeal said:

I have a mate who left his car in a lot because no one would give him the key. The next morning whilst looking for the parking stub he found a ticket for a TV that he had given for repair a year before just across the road. So he went and collected his TV and then went home.

.... at lest he found his way home ... :thumbsup:

Archived