No one of the "high end" restaurants got a star or recommendation

CNXexpat

I've only been to one of those, Ginger House, which used to be great with a diverse menu. When I was there last month the menu had entirely changed and it was obvious they found their niche offering average Thai dishes to tourists in a nice atmosphere at a high price. Meh, it's not even good enough anymore to bring friends from out of town.

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

Poor Oxygene, Davids´s Kitchen, L´Elephant, La Favola and so on. Not good enough for Michelin.

I guess that must mean that your vision  of high end is only according to the price you pay for the food, and not baded on taste band cooking quality as well as visual delivery and unique ideas. That´s what Michelin base their stars on. In other words, the names you mentioned is not high end.

27 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I guess that must mean that your vision  of high end

Do you haven´t seen the " before and after ´high end´ in my text? It means that they think they are high end. Not that they really are. 

I am reminded of the very early days of Iron Chef, twenty years ago.  The Zaggats were on the panel of judges, and they had recently given a bad review to Morimotos restaurant.  He cooked them a mini pizza, and basically told them since they had no understanding of fine cuisine, he made them something little kids like.  It was hilarious.  The way businesses abuse TripAdvisor is disgusting.  The western restaurants don't seem to realize that they aren't the only ones seeing a need for good Mexican, or even good burgers and fries, but the food costs are just too high to do it right and stay in business.  Thailand was built on cheap, spicy, Thai food, with abundant and inexpensive ingredients, much like good Mexican food.. the more they try to turn it into high end dining, the more it falters. Someone asked me about the Mexican food I brought home from Nogales.. Five bucks for ten tacos, out the door.. except there was no door, it was a trailer parked in front of a liquor store. 

Archived