Good experience

JaiLai

Got a puncture today on the highway doing about 150km ( ish ) pulled over and started to go through the motions of changing it out with the spare.

I currently have a thumb on one hand immobilized just now due to a pretty nasty wound recovering ( about 30 stitches ) so one handed.

A trucker that was in the lay by came to my assistance and together we changed out the wheel. Once done i tried to offer him some money but he would n't accept anything from me at all, i forced 500 baht into his pocket and told him to go for a couple of beers.

These truck drivers get a lot of stick on here, i would just like to say we cannot tar them all with the same brush, this guy was a diamond and without him i'd have been up the creek without a poodle.

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Two positive stories in one day, the other from Nyezhov. You are spoiling the fun of the grouches.

yep. now ive got this warm fuzzy feeling. I may have to go join my neighbours in the corner shop for some Changs and practice my p*ss poor Thai.

Just now, nikmar said:

yep. now ive got this warm fuzzy feeling. I may have to go join my neighbours in the corner shop for some Changs and practice my p*ss poor Thai.

Alcohol kills brain cells. That's probably why your Thai remains p*ss poor.

"A trucker that was in the lay by came to my assistance and together we changed out the wheel. Once done i tried to offer him some money but he would n't accept anything from me at all, i forced 500 baht into his pocket and told him to go for a couple of beers."

This behavior is very suspicious. I wouldn't trust such people. 

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

Don't forget the five P's Perfect Practice Prevents P!ss Poor Performance.Now I gotta go and practice counting! 

A lovely story which shows the true nature of the vast majority of Thai's.

The issue is still that in too many number these same lovely people will fall asleep driving their lorry, minibus, or suffer 'brake failure' and run a red light etc....   even though these drives get the brunt of the stick, its not all their fault, it is also the fault of their bosses who force long hours, or are too cheap to maintain the vehicles etc also govourment for not adequately educating and enforcing. 

Lovely and kind can people of any nation can still be a danger when permitted to remain innocently ignorant to the dangers they 'may' present when in control of machinery, cars, lorrys, mini-vans etc. 

All of that said, one-on-one Thai's, like the majority of those from every other nation on earth are a wonderful people - in aggregate we sometimes judge by the lowest common denominator - its a shame, but its human to do so. 

Thai's are great, but so are most other nationalities. 

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

drive faster next time, aim for concrete

i was going much faster earlier, unfortunately there was heavy traffic hence the reduced speed.

btw had a horrible old hag in the tire shop later on in the day that balanced it all out, proper witch!

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s mainly because they have bad driving skills and always blame faulty breaks. That does not mean they do not know how to change a tyre. 

My point is that he did not need to help, he chose to.

Most people know how to change a tire ( do you? ) but many drove past without offering to help, that's my point.

Too difficult to understand?

7 hours ago, JaiLai said:

My point is that he did not need to help, he chose to.

Most people know how to change a tire ( do you? ) but many drove past without offering to help, that's my point.

Too difficult to understand?

Yes, I understand do you? I make an easy enough equation for you. Bad + Good is still going to result in BadGood. As you clearly can se, one does not take any the other. As you tried to make it sound by stating that many posters complain about the truck drivers. What I pointed out was that changing a tyre, does not have anything to do with the negative posts.

Now i hope that you understand too. As I already do, we can then stop the conversation. Have a nice day!

46 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I understand do you? I make an easy enough equation for you. Bad + Good is still going to result in BadGood. As you clearly can se, one does not take any the other. As you tried to make it sound by stating that many posters complain about the truck drivers. What I pointed out was that changing a tyre, does not have anything to do with the negative posts.

Now i hope that you understand too. As I already do, we can then stop the conversation. Have a nice day!

BadGood......interesting

The conversation may stop - bi bi, you have a great day too!

A little off topic but....

I went to a party in the sticks, was dressed pretty smart too. Someone told Mrs.Trans our truck had a flat. I went out to have a look, totally flat front tyre in the mud.

Fluch, I thought, got in and moved it to a slightly better spot to try to get the jack to work on the very poor ground. Got the jack out and prepared to get dirty, as the spare is under the rear bed...????

Then, a troop of Thai blokes appeared from the party, they also were dressed OK, but that didn't matter, they took over and did the job between them, all laughing and joking whilst getting muddy..????

Now one things for sure, that would not happen if it were back home, oh, and I remained spotless....????

Archived