Madonna sued by fan for starting concert two hours later than scheduled

snoop1130

Madonna sued by fan for starting concert two hours later than scheduled

By Adam White

ghgh.jpg

Madonna is being sued over a fan's complaint that she started a concert two hours later than originally billed.

In a class action lawsuit against Madonna and her events promoter Live Nation, Nate Hollander claims that the star has a “long history of arriving and starting her concerts late”, and that he can no longer attend her 17 December concert in Miami Beach, Florida, as a result.

Despite being promoted as starting at 8.30pm, Madonna’s Florida stop on her Madame X Tour was later rescheduled to begin at 10.30pm, the suit claims. Hollander had bought three tickets to the show, totalling $1,024 (£798).

“Ticket-holders had to work and go to school the next day, which prevented them from attending a concert that would end at around 1am,” the suit claims. “Hollander attempted, without success, to

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/madonna-madame-x-tour-fan-lawsuit-stage-time-delay-late-a9198141.html

A few thoughts come to mind. First of all, it is the responsibility of an artist to show up on time, when a fan is spending an obscene amount of money to see them, jostling with large crowds and paying for parking on top of that! Also, I have no idea why someone would want to see her, especially at this rather late stage of her career. But, I am rather proud of the fact that I am fairly disconnected with contemporary pop culture, so I have no objectivity.

Lastly, if an entertainer cannot get it together to perform on time, and is two hours late, they should offer every member of the audience a full refund. Period. No excuse for this kind of disrespect for one's fans. None. 

memories... living london back in the day i used to see bands almost every week, by far the worst timing wise were the housemartins, some 1.5 - 2 hours late, this wasn't some stadium concert it was a small venue in islington, they were incredibly arrogant and though i was never a big fan i enjoyed their music, but after that performance, never again..

Let me get this right, there are enough fools to get together and find a fool of a lawyer to file a law suit where all they could win would be a refund, which they could of gotten without the court.

What losses or damages are they planning to claim? what was their pain and suffering? 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Let me get this right, there are enough fools to get together and find a fool of a lawyer to file a law suit where all they could win would be a refund, which they could of gotten without the court.

What losses or damages are they planning to claim? what was their pain and suffering? 

Technically it is a contract break, you dont get what you paid for.

Tardiness is the epitome of rudeness.

Personally, I keep my car clock set 2 minutes ahead for promptness on my business appointments.

My clientele appreciate my promptness.

So would Madonna's fans (and I sure as hell don't command her rates).

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Technically it is a contract break, you dont get what you paid for.

Yes, only you do get for what paid for, but with a slight delay and you also have to show your losses due to contract being delayed. Penalties for contract delayed or cancelled are also outlined on the ticket, and there is no clause for compensation for being 2 hours late ????

Archived