Major issue that keeps you from Coming back to Thailand

Pravda

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know where you live, but none of the places I lived were like that. Sadness and fear- perhaps you saw what you wanted to. I saw people going about their lives at about the same level of happiness as other countries. 

Even in the village people had more money, better houses than they used to, and had electricity, water, paved roads, tv, telephone and internet.

Same as my experience the last 10-20 years. The thei people seems better off today, than back then. 

Never experienced real poverty among thais, except those families who have been struck by yaba and alchohol problems, and gambling. Pure social cases. 

Even most emmigrants manage to have a new start as well, if they willing to work hard and have proper legal papers. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes. I transferred most of my 800,000 out by bank transfer.

Interesting.  The reason I asked was I have heard people needed paperwork or some sort of proof after they sold a condo about where the money originally came from, and things like that.

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

Interesting.  The reason I asked was I have heard people needed paperwork or some sort of proof after they sold a condo about where the money originally came from, and things like that.

800,000 is chump change now. I'd suspect that they might want to know if it was millions. 

The world's banks are all connected now, and if the money was suspect, the bank would have asked me where it came from, as it's their responsibility now.

I had a record of all my money going into LOS that they would have been able to see on their computers.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

800,000 is chump change now. I'd suspect that they might want to know if it was millions. 

The world's banks are all connected now, and if the money was suspect, the bank would have asked me where it came from, as it's their responsibility now.

I had a record of all my money going into LOS that they would have been able to see on their computers.

Dont you need a specific transfer document for the 800k to transfer back? Like buying an appartment, where you need the correct amount of transfer and buying price? 

On 11/13/2019 at 12:30 AM, gk10002000 said:

The 90 day reporting, while in itself not a new requirement, seems to require an inordinate amount of paper work

Do you not just go to IO, he puts your passport in the reader machine and that's it. Well it is for me. No form filling at all.

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

Dont you need a specific transfer document for the 800k to transfer back? Like buying an appartment, where you need the correct amount of transfer and buying price? 

55 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

that was the gist of my question also.

As per many topics in the banking section it seems to depend a lot on the individual branch and person.

If you can show proof of bringing the funds in from abroad then there should be no issue.

I ask for documentation every time I bring money in. EG SCB's is called "Advice to Customer - Inward transfer".   

My only issue is the fact that I got to jump through hoops to either get an OA Visa, or pay through the baht like gold nose to get an elite or do border crossings etc, all for 6 months.

They need a winter visa. 6 months and out. And yes, I know I can get an METV which I am considering. 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:30 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

For me its the sadness and fear of the Thai people since the coup. 

I would have thought your comments would more aptly.apply to farang ex pats trying to get a living and retirees,thanks to all the tens of thousands of farangs "sponsoring" hos,sorry their girl friends,thailand is no longer a poor country.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, Damrongsak said:

Sitting here in the USA, I have 6 Thai relatives (Wife's siblings & nieces/nephews) that I sponsored to come here. They fix my cars, mow my lawn, rake leaves and clean gutters for "free".  But it's still better than going back there.  All 6 own a car, and the two elder siblings have bought a house. 

They love to visit Thailand, a month at a time.   Only one has become a citizen so far, but two more will follow shortly.  The fee was about 24,000 Baht, but will go up soon.  Chump change.

Back on US soil as of last Sunday...feels good to be home again!

Archived