10,000 sign up for 100-baht Thailand tourism offer within minutes

webfact

10,000 sign up for 100-baht Thailand tourism offer within minutes

0b9a5686e50dbffc30ef5c31aaf46032.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - On the 100-baht tourism campaign, where another 10,000 slots were released today, the second day of the sign up period, and were all filled within minutes. Those who have yet to seize one of these offers can try again on 11th-12th December this year.

All the slots for the 100-baht Thailand tourism offer released this morning were filled by 6:05 a.m. today, when the sign up screen displayed a message saying that all available gift cards had been purchased by users, thus registration was no longer available.

Anybody who missed out on this opportunity can try again on www.100เดียวเที่ยวทั่วไทย.com on 11th and 12th December this year. Available slots will be released at 6 a.m., with only 10,000 slots available per day.

A survey shows that the campaign is receiving good feedback from the public, resulting in the #100เดียวเที่ยวทั่วไทย (100 baht tour across Thailand) reaching number 1 on Twitter’s top trending topics.

The 100-baht Thailand tourism packages campaign will allow those who have successfully signed up, to purchase tourism products and services at a discounted price. The Tourism Authority of Thailand will offer 40,000 of these packages for sale at only 100 baht each, including plane tickets, hotel stays, restaurant packages, tour bus tickets, rental car packages, spa packages, one day trips, and amusement park tickets across Thailand.

nnt.jpg

Wow...10,000 people signed up in about 5 minutes for the 100 baht vacation package deals. Thai Immigration needs to get in contact with the party that designed this online sign up system to design the TM30 and TM7 online registration system.

59 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

Wow...10,000 people signed up in about 5 minutes for the 100 baht vacation package deals. Thai Immigration needs to get in contact with the party that designed this online sign up system to design the TM30 and TM7 online registration system.

I was thinking the same thing. 

What 'detours' (JEM stores and the likes) are possibly planned to generate money to cover costs?

Personally, I have my doubts and would rather decline such a smoke screen offer 

Temples, fields, mountains, beaches, plates of rice, mad driving, lawlessness, arrogance, racism, vitimization, filth, double standard pricing and so on, the usual thing... are all the 'Same Old, Same Old' to be expected. Nothing new to see or miss. 

Do not forget, T.I.T.. Nothing is clear cut...

Those punters who've gained the 100 thb deal may end-up spending far more than expected?

I'm sorry but when I read this the first thing that sprung to mind was "I wander what an audit would show of those 10,000 names". Call me a "Thai basher" but track records of this kind of thing is not great. 100baht for so much effort. The 3rd try at this is a little more of a gift and worth the effort if you plan a holiday already. 

12 hours ago, ddotmark said:

What is more likely:

- TAT manipulating numbers

- TAT knows how to properly setup server infrastructure

I would take "TAT manipulating numbers" ????

Archived