5.8 tons of krathong cleared from Saphan Hin lagoon

webfact

5.8 tons of krathong cleared from Saphan Hin lagoon

By The Phuket News

1573551171_1-org.jpg

About 5.8 tons of krathong were cleared from the lagoon at Saphan Hin this morning (Nov 12). Photo: Phuket City Municipality

PHUKET: The Loy Krathong festivities at Saphan Hin Park, on the outskirts of Phuket Town, saw 5.8 tons of krathong left floating in the lagoon near the main stage area, which last night served as the centre of the Loy Krathong activities at the popular park last night (Nov 11).

The mass of krathong was cleared from the lagoon this morning by officers from Phuket City Municipality, the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Regional Center 12, along with personnel from the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command, inmates from Phuket Provincial Prison and other officials, explained Phuket City Mayor Somjai Suwansupana.

Of the 5.8 tons of krathong collected, 90% was natural materials, Mayor Somjai noted.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/5-8-tons-of-krathong-cleared-from-saphan-hin-lagoon-73600.php#7v8C6bb123p5IKlW.99 

28 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I initially misread the headline and thought that's a huge amount of drugs dumped in the lake!

When I worked out what it actually was I thought that's an incredible amount of banana leaves and flowers! 

Kratum vs. Krathong.... ????

Archived