Items from China - seemingly going around in circles - Just me?

Crossy

I have a number of items on order from aliExpress, all pretty innocuous stuff connectors, small electronic modules.

I now have a simple remote control which has been in transit for 50+ days (held at security check 3 times) and is still in China.

433-Mhz-Wireless-Receiver-and-Transmitte

Similarly, a bag of step-down converters are held at Chinese customs.

HTB18bdWe8mWBuNkSndVq6AsApXaO.jpg

and a bag of MC4 connectors which similarly are attracting the ire of outgoing security.

HTB1B_pYfoQIL1JjSZFhq6yDZFXa7.jpg?size=2

Is it just me or are others having similar issues?  I've ordered similar stuff in the past with zero problems.

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

That's what you get for ordering spy equipment !!! ????

I must admit that did cross my mind, the remote could certainly be used as a detonator. If you don't mind being within range of your bomb! 

Not sure what the MC-4 connectors could be triggering, they've failed the outgoing security check three times!

I have had a numberof items that just never showed as having left China. When I informed the seller of the situation after the elapsed time for delivery they seemed to accept it as a normal abnormal and sent replacements without quibble. The original items never showed up.

I have purchased a number of items including high end car entertainment units and they all arrived very quickly and without problem other than what has been mentioned in an earlier post IE they show up as still in China on tracking were supposedly shipped by DHL but arrived by Fed-Ex whilst still showing as still at point of departure. Go Figure. 

• Like 1

Yes, I have the same experience, I bought resin, 2 parts, waiting for 2 months already. This week I ask where my ordered things stay.

I got as answer the customs in Thailand send it back.

But al the way it was not possible to track the item, it is a bit suspicious.

I use Ali Express on a regular basis, unfortunately many of there sellers are not actually selling anything!

They set up multiple products and never send them, eventually getting paid by Ali Express and if you dont claim they get your money for nothing! 

To make matters worse they have a long delivery time scale and you cannot claim a refund until that time is up, however you will one day get your money back.

The reason why they get away with it is bacause Ali Express offer them postage charges per item of 1 cent!  The delivery route  / tracking shown is a myth unless you request registered delivery.

In the end, if you want a more reliable service use E BAY or LAZADA.

Good luck.

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

Probably, but even including shipping China is cheaper if you don't mind waiting (but not 60 days). 

The MC-4 connectors for example are 45 Baht each from Amorn (if you go to the shop, 90 Baht online), the Chinese ones are 14 Baht.

Wow that order will make you poor in an instand seeing the price difference here and in china specialy ordering 4 of them 

No, you are not the only one - I have had trouble with the same kind of Arduino kit, xx airport refused, the suppliers said Thai customs would refuse it, because they had really tightened up on this kind of thing entering .. ??? It appears they weren’t lying because then a week later the package turns up, tracked through a different airport

I am also aware that not all AliExpress suppliers are so reliable. They can generate tracking codes but never send the gear, I had issues with WAVGAT, they can spin out the whole process for 4-5 months before returning your cash.

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

Probably, but even including shipping China is cheaper if you don't mind waiting (but not 60 days). 

The MC-4 connectors for example are 45 Baht each from Amorn (if you go to the shop, 90 Baht online), the Chinese ones are 14 Baht.

I bought a bag of 5 from Lazada for 98bht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mc4-connectors-5-i265035773-s412267326.html

(free delivery if you order more than 99bht from that shop)

I tend to use Shopee and Lazada now, they both have CoD, AliExpress became too slow.

Edited by BritManToo

6 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

I use Ali Express on a regular basis, unfortunately many of there sellers are not actually selling anything!

They set up multiple products and never send them, eventually getting paid by Ali Express and if you dont claim they get your money for nothing! 

To make matters worse they have a long delivery time scale and you cannot claim a refund until that time is up, however you will one day get your money back.

The reason why they get away with it is bacause Ali Express offer them postage charges per item of 1 cent!  The delivery route  / tracking shown is a myth unless you request registered delivery.

In the end, if you want a more reliable service use E BAY or LAZADA.

Good luck.

why do you bother?

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, Crossy said:

The power of Thaivisa strikes again!

The remote control package has arrived in Thailand.

Delivered today.

Not sure I totally believe the tracking as there are several "parcel has been sealed" and the package showed no signs of being opened and re-sealed.

• Like 1