BANGKOK
Crossy

Items from China - seemingly going around in circles - Just me?

I have a number of items on order from aliExpress, all pretty innocuous stuff connectors, small electronic modules.

I now have a simple remote control which has been in transit for 50+ days (held at security check 3 times) and is still in China.

433-Mhz-Wireless-Receiver-and-Transmitte

Similarly, a bag of step-down converters are held at Chinese customs.

HTB18bdWe8mWBuNkSndVq6AsApXaO.jpg

and a bag of MC4 connectors which similarly are attracting the ire of outgoing security.

HTB1B_pYfoQIL1JjSZFhq6yDZFXa7.jpg?size=2

Is it just me or are others having similar issues?  I've ordered similar stuff in the past with zero problems.

Are these items not available here?

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

That's what you get for ordering spy equipment !!! 😄

I must admit that did cross my mind, the remote could certainly be used as a detonator. If you don't mind being within range of your bomb! 

Not sure what the MC-4 connectors could be triggering, they've failed the outgoing security check three times!

Crossy how is the quality of those oarts?

One thing I notice more and more after my visit to China is how crappy some of their stuff really is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering the lack of knowledge of most government workers, shipments of bare electronic components probably scares the heck out of them.

• Like 2

I have had a numberof items that just never showed as having left China. When I informed the seller of the situation after the elapsed time for delivery they seemed to accept it as a normal abnormal and sent replacements without quibble. The original items never showed up.

I have purchased a number of items including high end car entertainment units and they all arrived very quickly and without problem other than what has been mentioned in an earlier post IE they show up as still in China on tracking were supposedly shipped by DHL but arrived by Fed-Ex whilst still showing as still at point of departure. Go Figure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The power of Thaivisa strikes again!

The remote control package has arrived in Thailand.

headline "suspicious package detonated in controlled explosion in Laksi mail centre " 🤣

• Haha 2

Yes, I have the same experience, I bought resin, 2 parts, waiting for 2 months already. This week I ask where my ordered things stay.

I got as answer the customs in Thailand send it back.

But al the way it was not possible to track the item, it is a bit suspicious.