Photo's for married yearly extension of stay

HI all, i am thinking of obtaining a yearly married extension at mataput immigration office for the first time. regarding the family photo's can they just be taken on a phone and printed on A4 paper maybe 3 on a page in black ink only, or do they need to be in colour and single photo's.

From local gossip mataput don't seem too keen on married extensions, anyone on here obtained one in mataphut, any tips would be helpful

Have no connection to that office, but if you say they are know for not beeing keen to marriage extensions, then maybe you should only print 2 photos per page. Everywhere I´ve heard of marriage extensions it is okey to print out the photos on regular A4 paper.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

My marriage extension at Maptaphut is currently 'under consideration'. The lady processing the application is thorough but does not like to be questioned.

She accepted 4 photos per printed page and wanted 8 in total.

If it is not too far I strongly suggest you pay her a visit before doing the application for real.

As for the attitude towards not wishing to do a marriage extension, I was not aware of any negativity.

Good luck.

• Like 2

OP, it comes down to the local requiremments, in Pattaya its any size paper etc but they have a thing about selfies, no selfy stick in the photo.

If switching to a marriage extension its worth getting a cheap printer/scanner, then you can do however they want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Have no connection to that office, but if you say they are know for not beeing keen to marriage extensions, then maybe you should only print 2 photos per page. Everywhere I´ve heard of marriage extensions it is okey to print out the photos on regular A4 paper.

I have only ever put 2 photos on a A4 page with glue.

I just get them done at the local developers from my phone SIM.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, it comes down to the local requiremments, in Pattaya its any size paper etc but they have a thing about selfies, no selfy stick in the photo.

If switching to a marriage extension its worth getting a cheap printer/scanner, then you can do however they want.

i only have a laser mono printer as the ink jets fail after a period of not being used, but no problem to go to a shop for the printing to be done.

last year Mataphut would not renew a 'retirement' extension issued in Pattaya ( Mataphut had refused to do a conversion to non O, 2 years ago)  to a 'married' yearly extension, so i came this year with a fresh non o visa for being married issued in Hull. tm30 all done, money in bank.

i will go and have a word. last time i visited for my tm30 my wife asked at the counter for paperwork for a married yearly extension, they gave us a wad of paper, but no list of requirements just the forms to complete together with a check list that the IO ticks, but nothing about photo's.

thank you all for your input.

Edited by steve187

1 hour ago, oxmermaid said:

My marriage extension at Maptaphut is currently 'under consideration'. The lady processing the application is thorough but does not like to be questioned.

If it is not too far I strongly suggest you pay her a visit before doing the application for real.

As for the attitude towards not wishing to do a marriage extension, I was not aware of any negativity.

Good luck.

hi what photo's did they need, house number, living room etc. was she in an office on the right hand side

At Maptaphut I was applying for an extension based on marriage to a Thai using the monthly overseas income method.

On my pre application visit I took all the original marriage and residential documents for both of us and a sample of one month's income i.e. UK bank statement highlighting the transfer entry, transferwise receipt (2 pages) and credit advice reciept and a kbank statement for that month again highlighting the transfer entry.

I also provided proof of UK state pension and UK pensions and annuities.

These were all checked and approved.

A shed load of paper on the actual day of application with EVERY page of non original documents signed by me and the marriage documents counter signed by my wife.

ALSO the entire wad of documents had to be copied and signed as these copies stay at Maptaphut whilst the others are sent to Bangkok for considerstion.

We also had to bring a friend along as a witness.

The next day they sent out a colleague to fill in forms and have his photo taken with the three if us (wife, witness and me) in the lounge and outside by the house number.

Re photos showing both of us sitting at dining table, on sofa, in kitchen, outside by house number, in front of car with registration plate, sitting on bed, by an open wardrobe showing wife's clothes and finally another wardrobe showing my clothes.

Yes the office is on the far right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

I have only ever put 2 photos on a A4 page with glue.

I just get them done at the local developers from my phone SIM.

Excuse me? What are you talking about. I was replying regarding printing out pictures on A4 paper. If you have a printer you can do it at home, or if not at a photoshop or an Internet Café.

Again, what are you talking about? Who mentioned glueing real photos to a paper? More than you, that would say?

Edited by Matzzon

It's different every time ... as they wish & like it.

Silly 'setup' pictures with your self, wife & witness in all sorts of different & dull combo's/combinations.

Nicely setup in front of the house, living room, etc. 

Next time they want 'real life acting' pictures, being together on a motorbike, events etc.

Next time you bring 'real life acts' pictures ... nope, this year they want the 'setup' pictures again.

Then they must be all single photos ... next time all on pictures on one A4 sheet. God knows what next year?

This year no witness needed at immigration at all ... brought the witness for nothing. They come for a home visit. And need

to organize the witness again, to be there on time for the immi home invasion show.

I think I had all possible combinations by now ... until they come up with a new one again.

You can be as well prepared as you want, it's a given that there will always be something wrong with the pictures and

they have you running around to the next photo shop.

They love playing that picture game ... that's the one you can't prepare a 100% for and know what they want this year.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, oxmermaid said:

At Maptaphut I was applying for an extension based on marriage to a Thai using the monthly overseas income method.

On my pre application visit I took all the original marriage and residential documents for both of us and a sample of one month's income i.e. UK bank statement highlighting the transfer entry, transferwise receipt (2 pages) and credit advice reciept and a kbank statement for that month again highlighting the transfer entry.

I also provided proof of UK state pension and UK pensions and annuities.

These were all checked and approved.

A shed load of paper on the actual day of application with EVERY page of non original documents signed by me and the marriage documents counter signed by my wife.

ALSO the entire wad of documents had to be copied and signed as these copies stay at Maptaphut whilst the others are sent to Bangkok for considerstion.

We also had to bring a friend along as a witness.

The next day they sent out a colleague to fill in forms and have his photo taken with the three if us (wife, witness and me) in the lounge and outside by the house number.

Very pleased to see that yet another 'proof of income' using TransferWise has been approved. There was a lot of doubt in many people's  minds regarding T/W transaction slips as evidence, but that doubt is being firmly debunked now. No issues with the transaction codes on your bank statements I trust @oxmermaid

I know what you mean about 'shed loads of paper!'

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

They love playing that picture game ... that's the one you can't prepare a 100% for and know what they want this year.

Actually you could prepare yourself, but probably you also need to show some more confidence so that they don't try to play games for you just to waste your time.

Print out the official requirements (in Thai): https://division1.immigration.go.th/content/Visa_Extension37

Bring the pictures as stipulated on this website (only on the Thai version, the English version is less specific): 2 pictures with wife outside of the house with house number, 2 pictures with wife in the house.

If the IO has a problem with the pictures tell him that's according to the immigration website and show it to him.

The IO still has a problem? Offer to call CW or the immigration bureau to confirm the requirements while you are in front of the IO, i suspect the pictures will suddenly be accepted.

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

They love playing that picture game ... that's the one you can't prepare a 100% for and know what they want this year

I always used to take about 10 photos in different poses, have them printed at the local photo shop (3bht each)

Then take them all to immigration and let them make the selection they wanted.

Never any problems.

Edited by BritManToo

48 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Actually you could prepare yourself, but probably you also need to show some more confidence so that they don't try to play games for you just to waste your time.

Print out the official requirements (in Thai): https://division1.immigration.go.th/content/Visa_Extension37

Bring the pictures as stipulated on this website (only on the Thai version, the English version is less specific): 2 pictures with wife outside of the house with house number, 2 pictures with wife in the house.

If the IO has a problem with the pictures tell him that's according to the immigration website and show it to him.

The IO still has a problem? Offer to call CW or the immigration bureau to confirm the requirements while you are in front of the IO, i suspect the pictures will suddenly be accepted.

I know what you mean, but this is not how it works when dealing with immi officers. You don't show them when they are wrong and have them lose their pretty face. 

You are not going to argue with Immi officers when they tell you that you are wrong and shuffle them links, documents other regulations to proof yourself right etc.

That could backfire on you and doesn't make things easier when you need their help to get smoothly through the process.

They do remember you and there might be a time when you need their help. So pissing them off with a formal picture doc/regulation is not a good idea. You better go and do it again the way they want it ... on that day.

I had an instance where I needed their help when I accidentally violated my non-o by traveling without exit stamp (that was many years ago).

They fixed this up for me without the need to leave the country. Keep good relations is more important than being right or wrong.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always used to take about 10 photos in different poses, have them printed at the local photo shop (3bht each)

Then take them all to immigration and let them make the selection they wanted.

Never any problems.

Yes, that's what I have, too. A complete selection of all kind of different pictures, so you always get it right at the end.

My point was ... try to print this out at home and go ... you will be lucky if you don't have to change something ????

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:31 AM, oxmermaid said:

Good luck.

My mate just changed to marriage at this office, the boss tried to put him off saying its easier to do retirement, i can do that for you now blah blah, he stuck his ground. sounds to me they also don't like the extra work involved and don't understand/care about freeing up our money my IO also asked me why i wanted to change.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update

went to mataphut on Wednesday, got there at 8.20am, 2nd in Q ( didn't start to get busy til 9.30am

completed form + photo x2

copy of passport id page, latest visa and departure card x2

bank letter dated 18th ( ok for 7 days) bankbook updated same day x2

10 photo's printed 2 per page every room in house, outside with house number with neighbor x2 sets

copy marriage certificate both sides and original kor ror 2, both sides  x2

hand drawn map to house x2

wife id card and house book x2

form re 90 day reporting and form re overstay penalties x2

all forms placed in order by young lady at front deck, got Q number

into room at desk 4. lady happy with everything but bank book needed updating same day as application, and needed updated kor ror 2,

went back next day after bank, arrived 9.30 saw desk 4, all happy, paid 1,900 thb, 30 day consideration date stamp til 20th december put in passport, 90 day report paper given til 17th Feb left at 10.15am

today 2 immigration officers called by appointment, some paper work, some photo's some question of wife. all happy

thank you all for your help, the gossip about Mataphut was unfounded, all staff were pleasant