'Confirmation of legal residence in the UK'

If you are a British Citizen with a UK passport I think people are just uploading their passport...if it's for the e-visa website.

(Note to self; Fife council have just sent us a pack for doing a proxy vote. I'll have a look through that and see if there is anything worth keeping as secondary evidence as well, when I get back next week)

Edited by UKresonant

Is this a question about a non-UK citizen applying for a Thai Non-immigrant type O (and any other presumably) visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or a Thai Consulate in the UK?

or

Is this a question about a non-resident and not ordinarily resident UK citizen applying for a Thai Non-immigrant type O (and any other presumably) visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or a Thai Consulate in the UK?

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Is this a question about a non-resident and not ordinarily resident UK citizen applying for a Thai Non-immigrant type O (and any other presumably) visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or a Thai Consulate in the UK?

That is the reason for that to be uploaded but the file uploads do not say that. If nothing is uploaded then the application will not go through.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Is this a question about a non-UK citizen applying for a Thai Non-immigrant type O (and any other presumably) visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or a Thai Consulate in the UK?

or

Neither. This is a question re a UK citizen application, normally resident in the UK.

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

UK passport does it I believe.

No, unfortunately the passport will not prove it.

UK Citizens have a passport but there are many who are non-resident. I have been non-resident for about 20 years.

If you do a tax return you have to declare if you are resident or not.

However i doubt it would prove you are resident or not. 

Some organisations in uk use the electoral register to check.

Normally proof of residence is accepted if you show bank statements and utility bills in your own name for an address. 

I guess that is recommended however i guess that payment or proof of council tax payment should count.

20 minutes ago, jojothai said:

That puts me in a strange position of not being able to obtain a Visa as a non-resident then! I am sure I read a UK passport would do the job though. 

5 minutes ago, saengd said:

Legal and residence are two separate things that must be proved separately.

The legal part can be confirmed by a passport.

The residence part can be confirmed by a tax return, Council Tax and Utility bill receipts.

How ill thought through is this nonsensical visa system? Bear in mind that at present Chinese, French and British applicants have to apply using the exact same system, yet have completely different languages, documentations... And they want to roll this one size fits all application system out worldwide?

Idiocy. The sooner it either crashes and burns or Thailand is bereft of visitors the better.

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

How ill thought through is this nonsensical visa system? Bear in mind that at present Chinese, French and British applicants have to apply using the exact same system, yet have completely different languages, documentations... And they want to roll this one size fits all application system out worldwide?

Idiocy. The sooner it either crashes and burns or Thailand is bereft of visitors the better.

My error, apologies.

Edited by saengd

58 minutes ago, jojothai said:

No, unfortunately the passport will not prove it.

UK Citizens have a passport but there are many who are non-resident. I have been non-resident for about 20 years.

If you do a tax return you have to declare if you are resident or not.

However i doubt it would prove you are resident or not. 

Normally proof of residence is accepted if you show bank statements and utility bills in your own name for an address. 

I guess that is recommended however i guess that payment or proof of council tax payment should count.

I have lived in Thailand for over 10 years and when I contacted HMRC they declared that I was a Non resident and Not ordinarily resident after being here just 1 year as I have no UK address, property etc.

8 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I have lived in Thailand for over 10 years and when I contacted HMRC they declared that I was a Non resident and Not ordinarily resident after being here just 1 year as I have no UK address, property etc.

Well that is me too except been here longer  and before that was living overseas. But the original question was whether a UK passport would qualify as confirming legal residence. (Which we both still have the right of).