BANGKOK
webfact

Ban of 3 substances will cripple sugar industry: expert

29 minutes ago, Topdoc said:

Is it a coincidence that the incidence rate of liver cancer in Khon Kaen is the highest in the world and that Khon Kaen is one of the country's major sugarcane growing areas?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12718642

Of course it is.

Banning pesticides to prevent suicide... Oh wait it's a CNN story... 

Edited by Catoholic
  • Like 1

How do the farmers in Queensland Australia do it? Do they still use paraquat and the lot?

20 minutes ago, Youlike said:

How do the farmers in Queensland Australia do it? Do they still use paraquat and the lot?

Yes.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Ban of 3 substances will cripple sugar industry: expert

By THE NATION

800_12fb98e8207264a.jpg?v=1573608108

Dr Kitti Chunhawong, president of Thailand Society of Sugarcane Technologists (TSSCT) insisted on Tuesday (November 12) that the banning of 3 agrochemical substances namely Paraquat, Chlorpyrifos and Glyphosate by the Hazardous Substance Committee, which came into effect last month, will severely affect the sugar industry.

Just shut the H******* up, before the responsible Agricultural ministries will make a huge U-turn...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, unamazedloso said:

i used to have 3 bee hives but the bees all died as soon as they planted suger cane next to my property.. Killing more than just humans!!

I bought some bee hives for wild bees when I moved here. Then I noticed there is no bees at all. I'm in the middle of sugar cane and cassava fields. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, somo said:

Glyphosate and Paraquate are dangerous to the farmer if used improperly. For those who believe they penetrate the food chain to any significant level you are mistaken but if you insist it is the case I recomend you stop eating now. If it is in the ground then it is in all food animal and vegetable so stop eating immediately! 

It is found in the Canadian food chain and it's probably worse in the US and anywhere they spray glyphosate pre-harvest. 

images (1).png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1