BANGKOK
webfact

Ban of 3 substances will cripple sugar industry: expert

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Hemp seems to do well here and requires no chemicals for successful cultivation and provides much more useful and healthy products than sugar. 

I grow sunn hemp,it is chemical free throughout its growing period except for before planting glyphosate is used to kill the weeds before it germinates.If i had to live off either sunn hemp or sugar,i would be growing sugar.

The other hemp seems a closed shop for the local Thai battlers at this stage.

10 hours ago, Topdoc said:
12 hours ago, keith101 said:

extremely toxic to the liver

Is it a coincidence that the incidence rate of liver cancer in Khon Kaen is the highest in the world and that Khon Kaen is one of the country's major sugarcane growing areas?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12718642

yup and maybe compounded by local alcohol consumption and pickled crab(a known source of liver flukes/cancer)

11 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Less sugar is good thing. If production is significantly reduced, as the very biased "expert" says, the action of banning these toxins will kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. 

Nonsense. Other countries will simply fill the void left by reduced Thai sugar on the world market. The same with any other tradeable commodity.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They don't I once worked with one who went organic because he said the he almost died from chemical poisoning!

Organic cane growing in Queensland? Surely you jest.

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

Oxygen is the biggest killer but can take 90+ years to take effect in some cases.

If you breathe  only oxygen it will kill you a lot faster than that.

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Organic cane growing in Queensland? Surely you jest.

No he farmed organic veggies after moving to NSW.He was a neighbour,but we grow plenty of sugar here without chemical weed  or insecticides!

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If you breathe  only oxygen it will kill you a lot faster than that.

Sneaky stuff, you can't trust it. I get my own back on it. I filter it through cigarettes.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

Utter nonsense, Australia grows enormous amounts of sugar cane without the use of lethal poisons! Khun Kitti is only an industry stooge. If they were to truly organise and modernise their industry the profits would be enormous but that wont happen while the "sen yai's" of the industry can continue to con the farmers of the cane!

• Like 1

Paraquat is extremly LETHAL, in China we have name it "bai cao ku" could literally translate to omni-wither, we're told the thing have a death rate of >99%(wiki: there are more than 5,000 deaths in China from paraquat poisoning every year) just hearing that name would send chills to my spine.

Seen suicide case with it, even a small dosage could be terminal, and even the suicidal person regrets and want to be saved, there's nothing in the world can save him from a long, painful death of respiratory failure, and repeated gastric lavage doesn't help life quality either. When orally ingested the chem literally melts the lung and kidney and destroy a human from within.

1 hour ago, Coremouse said:

Paraquat is extremly LETHAL, in China we have name it "bai cao ku" could literally translate to omni-wither, we're told the thing have a death rate of >99%(wiki: there are more than 5,000 deaths in China from paraquat poisoning every year) just hearing that name would send chills to my spine.

Seen suicide case with it, even a small dosage could be terminal, and even the suicidal person regrets and want to be saved, there's nothing in the world can save him from a long, painful death of respiratory failure, and repeated gastric lavage doesn't help life quality either. When orally ingested the chem literally melts the lung and kidney and destroy a human from within.

Same goes for toilet bowl cleaners which should all be banned to stop suicides......Same goes for bleach which should be banned to stop suicides.....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Same goes for toilet bowl cleaners which should all be banned to stop suicides......Same goes for bleach which should be banned to stop suicides.....

And rope, including hemp rope.Ban that as well as many people hang themselves with rope. Ban belts and sheets too. No building above one storey allowed, and all buildings to be surrounded by 1 foot of foam rubber just in case anyone thinks about jumping. Tear down those condos and hotels NOW!

When will people understand that paraquat is not the problem, mental illness is. The suicidal will find other methods to top themselves.

That is the problem trying to have a rational discussion with people who never seen, let alone used industrial or agricultural chemicals. Paranoia, nonsense, ill founded emotion, selective picking of "facts" from Wikipedia ( boy, has that got a lot to answer for!) and nonsensical arguments enter the arena.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who can sense an enormous round of brown envelops making the rounds???

11 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

That is the problem trying to have a rational discussion with people who never seen, let alone used industrial or agricultural chemicals. Paranoia, nonsense, ill founded emotion, selective picking of "facts" from Wikipedia ( boy, has that got a lot to answer for!) and nonsensical arguments enter the arena.

The effect of banning paraquat is not as straightforward to interpret as you want to believe: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5667494/