Keep snitching! Nigerian arrested on Koh Phangan on near seven year overstay

webfact

On 11/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, Matzzon said:

Really? Are you serious. It´s against the law to overstay a visa or an extension. That means somebody is breaking the law when they overstay. If you break the law, you also committ a criminal offense. Then again, that might be far too complicated for you.

Yes, I know. I am a good swimmer.

we know you are the best mate. will you ever get tired of commenting the same sheit on the same type of stories. Doubt there is anybody on TV who does not know your opinion on overstay. Do us a favour and find a hobby.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

we know you are the best mate. will you ever get tired of commenting the same sheit on the same type of stories. Doubt there is anybody on TV who does not know your opinion on overstay. Do us a favour and find a hobby.

Just need Britmantim to come and tell us about himself having sex or his ex wife leaving him and him coming to Thailand to bang as many 20 year olds as possible .

1 hour ago, huberthammer said:

Yeah, or you could just refrain from quoting, if you find it like sheit, same type of stories and you already know my opinion.

It´s a free world. 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:41 AM, Matzzon said:

Yeah, or you could just refrain from quoting, if you find it like sheit, same type of stories and you already know my opinion.

It´s a free world. 

The freedom we have is not licence to spout hate and vitriol. The reason for your outlandish views on victims of petty bureaucracy might be interesting. Who hurt you? The desire to feel good about oneself by being brutally unforgiving over minor transgressions of others is often a sign of suffering and injustice in childhood.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:32 AM, Gecko123 said:

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but...

There's little reason to doubt that this tag team of posters who constantly voice such virulent contempt for what they see as the farang Unterklasse (underclass) are spewing the same vitriol to Thais every chance they get. Has to be high up on their 'go to' list of topics when conversing with Thais. I'd just like to take a moment to explain why this is so ill-advised and why in all likelihood it is being poorly received by Thais. Hopefully they will stop this behavior both in real life and here on the forum.

1. Thais have a very strong sense of cultural and national unity. You almost never hear Thais bash other Thais or Thailand. When a foreigner bashes other foreigners this is perceived as odd behavior. It doesn't ingratiate yourself into the good graces of the Thai listener. It only serves to stigmatize foreigners, including yourself, as a group.

2. Thais value social harmony. Sowing social discord makes many Thais uncomfortable.

3. Many Thais see foreigners as their customer base. Bad mouthing foreigners by another foreigner is in effect bad mouthing their customer base.

4. Posters badmouthing other foreigners to Thais because they smoke too much, drink too much, don't pay enough attention to their personal hygiene, grooming or wardrobe, or aren't affluent enough, seem to have forgotten that there are plenty of Thais who might just as easily be criticized for the same shortcomings. Plenty of Thais running around in threadbare clothes, struggling with drinking and drug problems, and not sure where the next 100 baht note is going to come from. Many Thais listening to this type of criticism about foreigners are probably left wondering whether they too are being looked down upon in a similar fashion.

5. You're not endearing yourself to Thais by engaging in this behavior. It's perceived as odd self-loathing.

If these posters see themselves as so highly attuned to Thai culture and social mores that they feel they are now in a position to sit in judgement of the rest an expat community (which hasn't yet, and probably never will reach their exalted high level of cultural sensitivity and understanding), instead of constantly sneering at and fomenting discord in the expat community, why not share a few shards of your enormous trove of wisdom and insights so that more cross-cultural bridges can be built?

Very well said. There is no society in the world where rats, snitches, grasses, touts, dobbers etc are admired. Only a deeply flawed   ultimately,  unhappy,  self hating misanthrope celebrates other people's misfortunes when it comes to petty  borderline crimes like overstaying. In such people, where ever they are, I suspect a rage induced by childhood trauma. The lash of injustice in their past and an attempt to regain control in their adult life by labelling other people 'bad' so they can feel better about themselves. There are similar people who relish classifying bar girls as prostitutes due to their Maddona/whore complex. often due to an over controlling mother figure and an early adherence to Catholicism, Islam or similar. Such extreme views are what makes this forum addictive just as the NOTW could be.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The freedom we have is not licence to spout hate and vitriol. The reason for your outlandish views on victims of petty bureaucracy might be interesting. Who hurt you? The desire to feel good about oneself by being brutally unforgiving over minor transgressions of others is often a sign of suffering and injustice in childhood.

Irrelevant and off topic. I suggest you try your newfound abilities in the Health and Medicine forum, Dr. sunnyboy2018.

Here we are discussing a nigerian arrested for overstay and opinions about overstay as well as overstayers. My personal history or life have nothing to do with that.

But ok! Just to amuse you. There is absolutely no injustice or abuse connected to my post. I had a wonderful childhood with two loving parent. Exactly like I am offering and giving my two daughters. Just for that reason, I do not have to like everything, right? 

Archived