Pets stolen, slaughtered and turned into bar snacks in Cambodia’s dog meat trade

geovalin

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Gruesome to say the least that they steal pets too. Not that I find it a good thing that they kill street dogs. But that is just my opinion. 

A lot of the street dogs have a multitudes of health issues too.

Can't be particularly healthy to eat.

Maybe that's why they are stealing pets.

Bigger dogs can be dangerous animals. I got once bitten by a Soi Dog in Pattaya and had to do the rabies treatment. And one time I was threatened by 8 Soi dogs surrounding me also here in Pattaya. A motorbike taxi driver came to my rescue. In the meantime it is very hard for me to have positive feelings for such animals. And if I see one I am really scared. A small scratch and I will have to do the rabies treatment again. And cat or dogs - you never know here if the might have rabies or not. I like cats but I would not touch them here too. 

36 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

i am truly shocked at the overreaction of all of these so called animal lovers, knowing that the majority of them enjoy chowing down on a bacon sandwich. ????

Maybe some of them are vegan giving vegan food to their dog. If that's the case then I can understand their reaction but not the diet they impose to their dogs. 

46 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

i am truly shocked at the overreaction of all of these so called animal lovers, knowing that the majority of them enjoy chowing down on a bacon sandwich. ????

It's called hypocrisy mate, they are animal lovers alright, they love stuffing dead ones down their throats ????

40 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

The different is how they been treated but it looks like people like you are so bloody cold that they don't see the different.

That's why I hope there's a second life and you'll be treated like one of those dogs.

8 minutes ago, snowgard said:

The different is how they been treated but it looks like people like you are so bloody cold that they don't see the different.

That's why I hope there's a second life and you'll be treated like one of those dogs.

Not necessarily. If you check PETA videos on the internet you will see a lot of farmed animals are not well treated during their life and some are not killed quickly at the end. 

17 hours ago, khunPer said:

You are right, but when it comes to pets, people – most of us – react different.

Hypercritial and ignorant people do for sure.

What makes you think one kind of animals is better than another... a dog is to be treated like a god, but a pig can be basically live in hell its entire life before being transported and slaughtered in very cruel ways... so you can mince it up and feed it to you lovely dog?

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Maybe the same could be said if you were boiled alive and turned into bar treats.

Maybe nobody would buy your bits.

So are you vegan?  Ever seen how the animals are treated that provide you with you milk, meat and eggs... and food for you dog?

1 hour ago, secondfusilier said:

Yes.... and feeding the leftovers of tortured, long suffering animals to their loving dog.... all out of a nice bag with a smiling dog on the font, bought from the supermarket.  These people are so out of touch with reality.  

13 minutes ago, snowgard said:

You really think farm animals are treated better?  Suggest you do some research and look at a few videos on YouTube on how pigs are farmed, how calves are taken from their mothers after birth for veal or slaughter so you can get some milk for you cup of tea, and how the poor chickens and ducks are raised for you meat adn you pets own food. 

46 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

Dogs have no problem being vegan.

What utter tosh!!!

Dogs are carnivores, their teeth were evolved to tear flesh and not to eat grass.

Like I say, to force a dog to become a vegetarian is cruelty, especially as the only reason for a dog to become a forced vegan/vegetarian is for its owner's selfish reasons.

my dog prefers raw vegetables and doesn't eat meat out of choice if you stuck it under his nose - you can surely explain this then since you seem to claim to know it all..?

5 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

Surely if the pets are being snatched off the streets then the owners are to blame for being irresponsible enough to let them roam freely.

IMHO, it is the irresponsible pet owners that should be rounded up and culled.

they are not just snatching pets from the streets.

They are breaking into walled compounds  to get them.

And snatching them off owners' leads.

Note for those unclear this is not Thailand that is being discussed, it is Cambodia, specifically Phnom Penh.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:21 AM, Tayaout said:

Not much different than most intensive farmed meat. Meat is meat. 

Eating dogs comes with a risk, and saying meat is meat is terribel wrong. 

There are a reason we do not eat predators who eat meat, it can transmit diseases. 

https://phys.org/news/2017-12-carnivores-carnivore-carcasses-transmits-diseases.html

17 minutes ago, Tagged said:

There are a reason we do not eat predators who eat meat, it can transmit diseases. 

https://phys.org/news/2017-12-carnivores-carnivore-carcasses-transmits-diseases.html

It's fine if the dog was vegan. ????

4 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

It's fine if the dog was vegan. ????

Trick question? If dogs was vegans, we would have eaten them for sure. Sheeps, rabbits, and so on is cute animals to. We just start loving our dogs, because they where useful to us not only for company, but hunting besides us, helping us guarding our homes and land, and also kept us alive. Now dogs is big business, and our new babies and mostly only useful as best friend and companion. We treat our dogs better than our next neighbour or any other human. 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:09 AM, owl sees all said:

Our dog (Lala) was killed by a farmer neighbour who said it killed one of his chickens. I went to see him to sort things out. When I approached his hut the farmer's family were roasting Lala and slicing bits off.

I was offered a slice, and ate it with a bit of som tam, and downed the grub with a glass or two of Lao khow.

Overrated in my view. I could get used to it, but on reflection I prefer pork or duck or even snake.

After visiting the Philippines my father commented that is never wise to trust a sausage with a hole through it.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, Tagged said:

"Who you mean "WE", white man?"  As it is suggested that Tonto said to The Lone Ranger after they have been captured by some Indians

19 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

After visiting the Philippines my father commented that is never wise to trust a sausage with a hole through it.

Good advice there Deerhunter.

The whole restaurant world is a minefield. Horse meat packaged as best beef. Chlorinated chicken. Owl meat in China and Palestine. Rats, chicken feet and dog in Thai soup.

Sweeney Todd is thought to have been based on a true story.

If you didn't catch it, and cook it yourself; don't eat it.

Archived