"I'm giving up lao khao for good!" - man's lifetime pledge after Loy Krathong shame

webfact

"I'm giving up lao khao for good!" - man's lifetime pledge after Loy Krathong shame

3pm.jpg

Thai caption: The shame of it...

A 44 year old Thai man told the police in north east Thailand that he was giving up spirits for life after he was fined for fighting with a neighbor atop some speakers at a Loy Krathong cultural event on Monday. 

Uthit said he felt great shame and embarrassment after fighting in front of all the people at the Nong Waeng municipal show.

That was the end of his "Lao Khao" (rice whisky) days, he told Somdej deputy chief Pol Lt-Col Bunjan who fined him and another man called Khwanmuang, 39, 500 baht each. 

Uthit had been filmed and posted on Facebook. A local official confirmed that he climbed the scaffolding by the stage during a music performance and got up on the speakers to dance. 

Incensed by this and unable to get him down Khwanmuang climbed up and the boogie turned to bashing. 

Both were carted off to the police station to calm down, fined, then after a handshake allowed to go home. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-13

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

That was the end of his "Lao Khao" (rice whisky) days, he told Somdej deputy chief Pol Lt-Col Bunjan who fined him and another man called Khwanmuang, 39, 500 baht each. 

I'm guessing the real reason is he can no longer afford it. 39,000 baht buys a awful lot of Lao Kao.

He can swear all he wants, once you are on that stuff it's hard to get off it, my father-in-law has ruined his liver and damaged his nervous system with that stuff, the doctor told him he'll be dead in a year if he doesn't stop drinking it, that scared him enough to stop for three weeks, now he is back on it.

53 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Many of the locals here will drink it in preference to Sang Som and Hong Thong (not great alternatives I know) when the latter are offered for free. But they also prefer bbq rat to bbq chicken so what do I know.

Lao khao is not whisky and they dont prefer it to Sang Som or Hong Thong. They just drink it from dawn to dusk because it is cheap and gets them rat arsed. They are not  drinking to enjoy fine whiskies or anything other than getting <deleted>.

The sights I have seen , people trashed on that stuff in our village.

Archived