Boot on the other foot! Immigration announce Thai tricking foreigners

webfact

Boot on the other foot! Immigration announce Thai tricking foreigners

6pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thai immigration has announced the arrest of a 25 year old Thai man who was acting as an agent providing fake documents to foreigners. 

A vinyl board at immigration HQ outlined how Anan was providing fake 90 day reports. 

The case came to light after a Myanmar national was found to be in possession of a document that was not in the system when he went to do a 90 day report in July. 

He admitted that previously to save time and not take a day off work a friend had advised him to use an agent.

This led to the issuing of a warrant and Anan's arrest at Suvarnabhumi airport. A search of his apartment in Soi On Nut 53 turned up eight items of evidence including bogus stamps.

He admitted charging 60 baht for 90 day reports and 300 baht for late ones. Since June he had between 300 and 400 customers for his service. 

The story was a departure from Naew Na's usual stories of foreigners breaking the law. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-13

Wow! A Thai ripping off foreigners. A very rare animal if the rot we are continuously given is to be believed. One wonders what happened to the guy who had the fake stamp. Even though he was ripped off, I would be very surprised if he didn't get done for it.

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration has announced the arrest of a 25 year old Thai man who was acting as an agent providing fake documents to foreigners. 

No chance of ever seeing a "real agent" getting done for the deposit and withdrawal of funds into and out of farang accounts to get their respective extensions, for a small fee of 20k-30k baht, oooops look out for the onslaught, oh dear, oh my, I think I opened up a can of worms ????

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

No chance of ever seeing a "real agent" getting done for the deposit and withdrawal of funds into and out of farang accounts to get their respective extensions, for a small fee of 20k-30k baht, oooops look out for the onslaught, oh dear, oh my, I think I opened up a can of worms ????

Why does it matter to you?

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Haven't a clue what you're on about ????????

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

He admitted charging 60 baht for 90 day reports and 300 baht for late ones.

And how did he get those registered in the immigration computer system? What's the use of only having a sticker or a stamp in a he passport?

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Wow! A Thai ripping off foreigners. A very rare animal if the rot we are continuously given is to be believed. One wonders what happened to the guy who had the fake stamp. Even though he was ripped off, I would be very surprised if he didn't get done for it.

2000 baht fine for the victim and a Wai from the perpetrator

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

It matters because they changed the seasoning rules to try and stamp out agent use which had no effect except make it more difficult for those that do everything by the rules

That's why it (deleted) matters :1zgarz5:

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And how did he get those registered in the immigration computer system? What's the use of only having a sticker or a stamp in a he passport?

He was just lazy, dumb and stupid. 90 days is the easiest thing to do in an immigration office. If you get paid just do it

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Probably someone operated out of their own inner  circle ….. no competition tolerated …...

9 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And how did he get those registered in the immigration computer system? ...

He didn't.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The case came to light after a Myanmar national was found to be in possession of a document that was not in the system when he went to do a 90 day report in July.

He took money and used fake stamps. When the Burmese guy went to do his next 90-day personally at Immigration, there was no record in the Immigration database of the previous, fake one.

I really don't understand the "loss of face" concept when you can be so blatantly stupid.

Arrest and publicise somebody doing fake 90 day reports when how many immigration officials get a cut of the under table visas at 20 - 30k per pop. He just wasn't paying a kick back.

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Hit a nerve here. Hypocrites on here go on about good guys in bad guys out, Overstayers should be publicly paraded, humiliated maybe even put in stocks or flogged publicly. I personally think fraud is a far worse crime which basically every single person using agents is doing. Overstaying is not the crime of the century so all the people who scream about bad guys out look in the mirror if your one of those using fraudulent agents to get your renewal done. I am not suggesting you are one of those criminals using agents. 

12 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

You didn't read the article did you ???

"The case came to light after a Myanmar national was found to be in possession of a document that was not in the system when he went to do a 90 day report in July."

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I doubt you have had any impact at all with your comment, least of all 'opened a can of worms' . I dont really understand how the subject is relevant to you  oh dear oh my.

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Hit a nerve here. Hypocrites on here go on about good guys in bad guys out, Overstayers should be publicly paraded, humiliated maybe even put in stocks or flogged publicly. I personally think fraud is a far worse crime which basically every single person using agents is doing. Overstaying is not the crime of the century so all the people who scream about bad guys out look in the mirror if your one of those using fraudulent agents to get your renewal done. I am not suggesting you are one of those criminals using agents. 

Consider counselling. Most of your assertions are factually incorrect and just hyperbole at best. 'Fraudulent agent'? Huh? 'Fraud? '; Flogging and stocks; 'criminals'?; public humiliation? '; 'scream about bad guys'? Your post is most entertaining, very colourful, but if you are taking anti malaria pills ...take care. To be honest I doubt any nerve was hit amongst the agent users as it only seems the people who don't use agents who get stressed out.

9 hours ago, david555 said:

Probably someone operated out of their own inner  circle ….. no competition tolerated …...

Absolutely, like someone trying to sell drugs in their own area, set up with large quantities and sent off to jail, like you said, no competition tolerated.......

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I doubt you have had any impact at all with your comment, least of all 'opened a can of worms' . I dont really understand how the subject is relevant to you  oh dear oh my.

Correct, it has had little impact, although it has exposed a couple of crying farangs who use fake agents, you know the ones that criticize other TVF members who hit a raw nerve :1zgarz5:

Just now, Orton Rd said:

Those using agents as a middle man to pay corrupt bribes for officers to overlook their lack of funds are the people who need to be arrested.

I use an agent because I'm 70 and it's easier but I have plenty of money in the bank, who do you want to arrest, me or my agent?

19 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Immigration do not stamp your passport for 90 day report.

Archived