Jump to content
BANGKOK
Misab

Air Pollution

Recommended Posts

Hua Hin; air pollution is far above what is healthy.

AQI should be below 50 but today 13 of November it is 150 late afternoons.

Is this normal for Hua Hin ?   And what is causing it? 

I have COPD and I should certainly stay indoors.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

If you start wheezing and coughing...shortness of breath...check with a Thai doctor to see if you might need to keep a canister of oxygen on hand...if air is unsafe for an extended length of time...may help.

 

I now wear a mask to filter the air I breathe when going outside...it does help.

 

Have 3 more days...leaving Thailand for good this time...been coming here since the late 1960s...it has been fun...the fun has been replaced with lots of hassles...😊

 

 

 

       Where in Thai is the pollution so bad that you wear a mask ?  Don't come to the east of Australia . There's been a lot of smoke in the air for months .

Edited by gimo
spelling
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gimo said:

       Where in Thai is the pollution so bad that you wear a mask ?  Don't come to the east of Australia . There's been a lot of smoke in the air for months .

When pollution is above 100 you should wear a mask

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday 14th at 5 AM  red alert  AQI is now 154

Recommendation, avoid outdoors activity, avoid ventilation, mask recommended, air purifier recommended.

 

Also I will recommend that you download an app on your phone about air quality and follow it because right now it is not good for your health.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Misab said:

Thursday 14th at 5 AM  red alert  AQI is now 154

Recommendation, avoid outdoors activity, avoid ventilation, mask recommended, air purifier recommended.

 

Also I will recommend that you download an app on your phone about air quality and follow it because right now it is not good for your health.

 

 

Thursday 14 at 10.30 AM  a heavy shower has cleaned the air a lot. QAI has fallen to 69 which is moderate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

been coming here since the late 1960s...it has been fun...

That's a pretty good innings, where to next ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

If you start wheezing and coughing...shortness of breath...check with a Thai doctor to see if you might need to keep a canister of oxygen on hand...if air is unsafe for an extended length of time...may help.

 

I now wear a mask to filter the air I breathe when going outside...it does help.

 

Have 3 more days...leaving Thailand for good this time...been coming here since the late 1960s...it has been fun...the fun has been replaced with lots of hassles...😊

 

 

 

Too many sinus/ nasal infections for me, coughing etc

done the math

2+2 means get the duck out of dodge 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Any reliable source for the reading? 

 

App? 

AirVsual app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

AirVsual app

Airvisual 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Airvisual 

 

Thanks

+Air4Thai and ThailandAir and   AQ ThaiAirQuality ... I have the four of them on my iPhone. So I compare because the figures are not the same for all of them (???)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Hua Hin and have for the last 20 years.  The times I go to BKK, the air pollution is obvious and very visible.

However, here in Hua Hin, I don't see any signs of air polution.  Being right on the coast we have the offshore breezes.  So I don't get it!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...