Air Pollution

Misab

Hua Hin; air pollution is far above what is healthy.

AQI should be below 50 but today 13 of November it is 150 late afternoons.

Is this normal for Hua Hin ?   And what is causing it? 

I have COPD and I should certainly stay indoors.

If you start wheezing and coughing...shortness of breath...check with a Thai doctor to see if you might need to keep a canister of oxygen on hand...if air is unsafe for an extended length of time...may help.

I now wear a mask to filter the air I breathe when going outside...it does help.

Have 3 more days...leaving Thailand for good this time...been coming here since the late 1960s...it has been fun...the fun has been replaced with lots of hassles...????

18 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

If you start wheezing and coughing...shortness of breath...check with a Thai doctor to see if you might need to keep a canister of oxygen on hand...if air is unsafe for an extended length of time...may help.

I now wear a mask to filter the air I breathe when going outside...it does help.

Have 3 more days...leaving Thailand for good this time...been coming here since the late 1960s...it has been fun...the fun has been replaced with lots of hassles...????

Where in Thai is the pollution so bad that you wear a mask ?  Don't come to the east of Australia . There's been a lot of smoke in the air for months .

9 minutes ago, gimo said:

Where in Thai is the pollution so bad that you wear a mask ?  Don't come to the east of Australia . There's been a lot of smoke in the air for months .

When pollution is above 100 you should wear a mask

Thursday 14th at 5 AM  red alert  AQI is now 154

Recommendation, avoid outdoors activity, avoid ventilation, mask recommended, air purifier recommended.

Also I will recommend that you download an app on your phone about air quality and follow it because right now it is not good for your health.

5 hours ago, Misab said:

Thursday 14th at 5 AM  red alert  AQI is now 154

Recommendation, avoid outdoors activity, avoid ventilation, mask recommended, air purifier recommended.

Also I will recommend that you download an app on your phone about air quality and follow it because right now it is not good for your health.

Thursday 14 at 10.30 AM  a heavy shower has cleaned the air a lot. QAI has fallen to 69 which is moderate.

19 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Too many sinus/ nasal infections for me, coughing etc

done the math

2+2 means get the duck out of dodge 

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

That's a pretty good innings, where to next ?

Back to US...at my age it makes more sense to take advantage of veteran's and medicare healthcare systems than to pay Thais for insurance that will likely prove difficult to collect once there is a serious health issue...

Looking at homes with acreage near a large Reservoir, new freshwater fishing rig and enjoy the remainder of my years laughing at the hoops expats will be complaining about trying to please Thai immigration...????

I live in Hua Hin and have for the last 20 years.  The times I go to BKK, the air pollution is obvious and very visible.

However, here in Hua Hin, I don't see any signs of air polution.  Being right on the coast we have the offshore breezes.  So I don't get it!! 

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Back to US...at my age it makes more sense to take advantage of veteran's and medicare healthcare systems than to pay Thais for insurance that will likely prove difficult to collect once there is a serious health issue...

Looking at homes with acreage near a large Reservoir, new freshwater fishing rig and enjoy the remainder of my years laughing at the hoops expats will be complaining about trying to please Thai immigration...????

Enjoy it, I admire people that are willing to move on when the time is right. All the best to you.

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Sounds like a sensible move as regards the healthcare system back in the US, and also the idea of acreage near a new reservoir with a new fishing rig sounds idyllic.

Good luck with your move and I hope it all works out for you.

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

+Air4Thai and ThailandAir and   AQ ThaiAirQuality ... I have the four of them on my iPhone. So I compare because the figures are not the same for all of them (???)

Three of them have "Thai" in its name

Do you trust data from Thai affiliate companies or from one with headquarters in Switzerland covering the whole planet?

38 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Three of them have "Thai" in its name

Do you trust data from Thai affiliate companies or from one with headquarters in Switzerland covering the whole planet?

I forgot we were on Thaivisa, I gave those informations only to share them, after people do what they want... and you... think what you want to think!

And I will not answer to someone who speak to me as to an eight-year-old, have a good day and thank you to forget me!

23 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Agree. I am leaving in 4 months. Making preparations for a permanent move to another country free of visa hassles and immigration policies that are totally discouraging. Soon the policies will FORCE many expats out the exit gate at Suvarnabhumi and not return. Who needs this irritation and frustration. I didn't come here for this <deleted>.

33 minutes ago, KBS999 said:

Agree. I am leaving in 4 months. Making preparations for a permanent move to another country free of visa hassles and immigration policies that are totally discouraging. Soon the policies will FORCE many expats out the exit gate at Suvarnabhumi and not return. Who needs this irritation and frustration. I didn't come here for this <deleted>.

Amazingly leaving expats aren’t mentioning that their relocating reasons are about trade wars and or Brexit and or currencies stuff.

2 hours ago, KBS999 said:

Which country might that be?

3 hours ago, KBS999 said:

But of course, the authorities are quite happy for expats to leave.  We are not important and a relatively small number.  If all expats left, it wouldn't even be noticed.

4 hours ago, KBS999 said:

You realize the thread is about pollution right? 

You certainly managed to turn that back around into the ubiquitous TV mantra

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

I live in Hua Hin and have for the last 20 years.  The times I go to BKK, the air pollution is obvious and very visible.

However, here in Hua Hin, I don't see any signs of air polution.  Being right on the coast we have the offshore breezes.  So I don't get it!! 

you dont see it but it is there... it blows in from the north in the high season bringing dangerous levels same as bkok and pattaya

59 minutes ago, HHTel said:

But of course, the authorities are quite happy for expats to leave.  We are not important and a relatively small number.  If all expats left, it wouldn't even be noticed.

I doubt that frustrated expats packing up their bags will boost tourism. 

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I doubt that frustrated expats packing up their bags will boost tourism. 

You think tourists are influenced by expats, whether living here or leaving.  I shouldn't imagine anyone coming to Thailand as a tourist gives a hoot about the opinions of expats.

Archived