Air Pollution

Misab

5 hours ago, HHTel said:

You think tourists are influenced by expats, whether living here or leaving.  I shouldn't imagine anyone coming to Thailand as a tourist gives a hoot about the opinions of expats.

Why would a country that looses popularity from expats gaining popularity from tourists?

On 11/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, Tagged said:

Any reliable source for the reading? 

App? 

Android, there is one just called "Air Quality" yes it is reliable as it shows the same reading as most.

Air quality in Hua Hin often goes crazy late evening when they start burning rubbish 

On 11/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, HHTel said:

I live in Hua Hin and have for the last 20 years.  The times I go to BKK, the air pollution is obvious and very visible.

However, here in Hua Hin, I don't see any signs of air polution.  Being right on the coast we have the offshore breezes.  So I don't get it!! 

Airvisual says 141 now at 1330 - BKK is at 57. Im in HH and can barely see a mountain that is no more than 500m away from me. I came here to escape the pollution from BKK and Im now tempted to do Phuket as a last try before leaving Thailand

21 minutes ago, hrrecruiter said:

Airvisual says 141 now at 1330 - BKK is at 57. Im in HH and can barely see a mountain that is no more than 500m away from me. I came here to escape the pollution from BKK and Im now tempted to do Phuket as a last try before leaving Thailand

The vision you get is from the salty air coming inland with the wind, and are not pollution. Quite obvious it is not heavy pollution you would find in BKK as all this pollution apps showing. 

Quite strange you should have more pollution in Hua Hin than BKK or what? 

• 4 weeks later...

it's not salty air, apparently there are fires around. Phetchaburi at the time of this post has AQI of over 250

https://www.airvisual.com/air-quality-map?lat=12.8&lng=99.96667&zoomLevel=10

in Cha-am, it was over 160 most of the day and you can see the pollution in the air when looking less than 200 meters away.

I've been living here for years and never seen the AQI so high around here except when they blow the mosquito poison in the sewers for a minutes (my meter locked up at 500 for that)

Archived