Thai Airways cancels hiring of 200 flight attendants

snoop1130

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Xonax said:

I guss that if they didn't have the application fee, every Somchai in the country would apply for the job. Having qualifications or not.

I just wonder why only 2700 gets the fee back, when there were 4000 who applied for the job.

Maybe only 2700 have paid the fee so far?

13 hours ago, tso310 said:

As I have posted on other Thai threads, the airline compared to other airlines like Singapore and EVA is about 40% over manned. This is just a drop in the ocean.

Well, that's just in line with over-staffed state agencies, over-staffed department stores, and in particular over-staffed executive floors in general.

I just wished the immigration counters at the airports were over-staffed. But they never are. 

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

I guss that if they didn't have the application fee, every Somchai in the country would apply for the job. Having qualifications or not.

I just wonder why only 2700 gets the fee back, when there were 4000 who applied for the job.

The 'qualification' for Thai Airways jobs is not what you know but who you know !

34 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Well, that's just in line with over-staffed state agencies

Example, At my uni in the admin. team an employee who's job is:

- Take claims for reimbursement of airfare costs from visiting professor from abroad and check that the money amounts on the claim are correct.

Method:

- Look at the copy of the itinerary / ticket document (submitted in the claim) issued when the flight was booked (by the visiting professor) and which states the cost of the flight. (Claim forms;  just 2 documents, 1). Very simple cover page.    2), copy of the itinerary / ticket document.) 

- Uni officer opens the same airline website and checks that the amount printed on the issued itinerary / ticket, is the same as showing on screen. That's it; 'approved!'

- Whole process taken 10 to 20 seconds.

Also note, the uni has 1 to 2 visiting professors per month.

Note, there is no check whether the amount on the documents was ever paid and there is check that the flight was ever taken.

That's the entire job, no other duties, job does not supervise other staff.

More senior officer position, around 25,000Baht per month plus travel allowances. 

Robot automation will 'take 800 million jobs by 2030' - report

Cant understand people who believe the world will just go on as it always has.  New millenia, new tech., new workforce.  Job seekers need to wake up to the 21st century, "the times they are a changin'" 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42170100

When I was younger, becoming an air hostess was a dream for many girls, not anymore. Even at once prestigious SWISSAIR, now SWISS, the pay nowadays is as little as that of a waitress in a restaurant. My daughter has chosen to become a professional tennis player.

15 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

How generous of them, but why are they charging applicants to apply for a job in the first place?

Suppose they kept the money whether your application was successful or not. What a absolute bloody shower.

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

Standard procedure here if you want a job. My Thai son wanted a job during his break from University. They wanted him to work his first 2 weeks without wages.

My Thai wife's niece successfully applied for a job wich a Bangkok based Agro-Chemical company. She took tests and for her final interview was told to bring a parent with her. It was at this interview her parent(s) were told they would have to subsidize 50% of their daughter's first 2 years salary. If they they refused, she would not get the job. Fortunately they had the financial means to comply.

TIT

15 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Oh dear; that's 200 Niece's, Sisters, Aunties and Mia Noi's who are got going to get on the gravy train, both they and their family's are going to be very disappointed !

You mean "people" who thought they would get a good job are disappointed?  Ummm , yes Captain Obvious ... I am sure they are having a bad day for sure.  And your point is?????  You may want to tuck it in .... your racism is showing.

Archived