Where can I find a eye glasses shop with knowledgeable staff in Pattaya

how241

you won't find one !!   I have asked many shops specializing in glasses about doing a "field test"  for my partial glycoma but alas was met with a blank or a load of nonsense saying yes they could do but then I found what they offer is just a normal eye test !!!

Here one has to go to an International Hospital to get any sense out of people !!  

Just now, Jen65 said:

Here one has to go to an International Hospital to get any sense out of people !!  

Thanks.  I might try there is no one else has any recommendations.  I remember reading a while ago some thread with a few recommendations but I can't find that thread now. Maybe if I had new glasses that would help in my search...ha ha

I recently bought eye glasses in Pattaya and I guess I went to every single shop in Central Pattaya that I could find. To cut a long story short - Thailand is not the place to find a huge selection of quality eye glasses and this for a reasonable price... But if you think about it - very many people in the West need good eye glasses. But many Thais don't seem to have this problem. Perhaps this is the reason. I always have the feeling the existing shops are just for tourists. 

34 minutes ago, how241 said:

I have 2 totally different eye strength requirements, also some astigmatism. 

I agree with post #2.

What you describe does not sound like a typical case for a "shop" but for a qualified ophthalmologist?

Have you tried K T Optic? I believe there is a choice of 3 in Pattaya.

I also have challenging issues. Very long sighted, different strengths and Astigmatic. Plus of course, being of a certain age, I also needed progressives.

The examination was very thorough and the end result, a new pair of Varilux with daylight reaction are absolutely perfect.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Have you tried K T Optic? I believe there is a choice of 3 in Pattaya.

I also have challenging issues. Very long sighted, different strengths and Astigmatic. Plus of course, being of a certain age, I also needed progressives.

The examination was very thorough and the end result, a new pair of Varilux with daylight reaction are absolutely perfect.

Thanks.   Which location did you use ?  Was this recently ?  Thanks for your info.

Archived