Jump to content
BANGKOK
trevoromgh

Contactless Debit Card - Need help

Recommended Posts

I've just replaced my old KBank Debit card for a shiny new one with a chip and 6 digit PIN instead of the 4 used previously.  It also has the familiar wifi symbol on the card which I'm used to on my UK cards where they are known as contactless cards and used in shops equipped with the correct readers to wirelessly accept payment 'without' the need to enter a PIN.

 

In the UK such contactless transactions are limited to a maximum spend to £30 per transaction which seems eminently sensible to me yet when I asked the KBank person who served me what limit they set for 'contactless' transactions he said  THB 20,000 (£512) per transaction at which point I nearly fell off my chair.  Try as I might I could not get across my concerns about this as it seems crazy to me that KBank (and presumably other Thai banks) are happy to put their customers money at such a risk.  Maybe there are not many shops who offer this contactless facility yet but presumably they all will ultimately.

 

Can anyone else who has already been through this loop please explain how they work over here and which shops they've found accept contactless cards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply contact the kbank call centre and you can set daily limit and per transaction maximum if you wish.

 

"It's good to talk" call them !

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it also possible to ask to disable this feature ?

As with 6 digits pin chip card I was happy to finally get rid of the swiping risk when loosing or card stolen .

Edited by david555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Simply contact the kbank call centre and you can set daily limit and per transaction maximum if you wish.

 

"It's good to talk" call them !

Even by K+ mobile this can be done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david555 said:

Even by K+ mobile this can be done

Don't use K+ Mobile app or any banking app on my phone. As a preference I only use my laptop/PC for banking purposes but unfortunately I cannot see any way of changing the spending limits on my debit card using the K-Cyber service so I guess it'll have to be a phone call then and I expect I'll scrap the function like you did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Don't use K+ Mobile app or any banking app on my phone. As a preference I only use my laptop/PC for banking purposes but unfortunately I cannot see any way of changing the spending limits on my debit card using the K-Cyber service so I guess it'll have to be a phone call then and I expect I'll scrap the function like you did.

 

The limits of your accounts cards can be done by cyber banking but it is always a search how and wait for the verification code on your phone to fill in online .

But on phone it is not to find to STOP that contactless …. my remark for the K+ was only for changing limits for online banking or cards 

Edited by david555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that it is the online web shopping card it is that you by PC/laptop can change limit , on the KK account page down middle 3 buttons ….and then follow process 

 

On mobile they speak of changing limits for transfers 

I am not sure of all tose are same considered on same possibillitys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, david555 said:

I just noticed that it is the online web shopping card it is that you by PC/laptop can change limit , on the KK account page down middle 3 buttons ….and then follow process 

 

On mobile they speak of changing limits for transfers 

I am not sure of all tose are same considered on same possibillitys 

The K-Web Shopping card is totally separate to the Debit Card and after searching I cannot find a way of changing the Contactless Transaction limits yet on K-Cyber service so will pick up the phone instead.  It seems their online systems cannot keep up with the additional functions they add right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a miscommunication.  The contactless limit is more likely 1500 baht. Try it at Central or TOPS and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your help. I called KBank customer services this morning and got routed to a computer Q&A dialogue where I reduced the 'Pay' limit on my card to 1,000 THB so I think that is a little more realistic.  Haven't managed to test it out yet though.

Edited by trevoromgh
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...