High End Black Tennis or Basketball Shoes!

bkkbudddy

Greetings 

Where in Bangkok, I can purchase high end black tennis or basketball shoes? I'll be using the shoes to workout in the gym! Unlike running shoes, tennis and basketball shoes provide excellent lateral support!

Thanks.

Cross trainers provide lateral support, but tennis shoes also make good casual shoes.  I have seen one shop with authentic new balance in my size here in years... 8990..Shoes should be very high on your list of things to bring from abroad.  I buy them for about 900 THB from Amazon and pick them up on trips to parents house.  Wear the best pair home and trash them or leave them there, wear a new pair back, and sometimes a second pair in my luggage.  Hard to get a year out of just one pair in BKK. 

Edited by moontang

On 11/16/2019 at 7:59 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The best selection of trainers are at JD Sports at Icon Siam or Mega Bangna

JD Sports at Icon Siam have very plain looking shoes (maybe one pair of ok looking Air Jordans), same as with all the other sport stores in Thailand have plain looking sport shoes. If going Icon Siam then the only decent place was the Nike Kick Lounge which had a couple of nice Air Jordans. Besides that the only other place I've seen was when they have the pop-up stalls at Terminal 21 for about a week when they feature sport shoes.

• 5 months later...

You are right, tennis and basketball shoes provide excellent lateral support than running shoes. I also use for a workout in the gym just such footwear. At least I feel more confident in it, it really amortizes well and I'm not afraid to dislocate the legs. I usually order all my training shoes from on-line shops, it’s more convenient for me. Indeed, the price is more acceptable and affordable than in the store. For the last time, I tried some models to find the best tennis shoes with arch support in our local stock to understand how much size fits me and if the shoes are not small. Then I returned home, compared to the prices on the internet which were the best for me. Their offer was more suitable and they had the delivery in my region. You can do the same, save money and get a quality product

Edited by AlexHoole