Online Teaching

farang1979

1 hour ago, jaffas21 said:

if your american vip kid is apparently good .. dadabc is good for english. i suggest you look at youtube they have videos on the hiring demo process etc.

Do they supply work permits so the OP can work legally in Thailand?

Facebook is littered with recruiters for these companies.  You are mostly dealing with Chinese, so that almost guarantees a large degree of underhandedness.  They practically want you to wear a clown suit so the kids will "like" you, and you will be evaluated by people with a very elementary English ability.  You will also not get paid for being on standby.  They also want young, white faces, but wont come out and say it...so wasted time becomes an issue.  I was marked down for having white walls.  You will pay dearly for technical issues on your side, but you will not get compensated for numerous issues on their side.  There are possibilities, but it really seems to be exaggerated.  Certainly, not the worst digital nomad lie, by a longshot.

My sister is around 60, and a co-worker decided learn Spanish with a similar type of online outfit.  He ended up with a highly skilled university professor from Colombia.  Best teacher he had ever had in 17 years of school.  Cost:  Five USD per 60 minute lesson.  At least a million Filipinos would work for even less....supply and demand.  So you think you can get paid 20 an hour by the Chinese, when they pay engineers building the railroad here five, you might want to think twice.  And they are big players in the review game, getting people to write glowing reviews before they received their first check.  And dont forget the 15.3% self employment tax you will owe Uncle Sam, if American.

Archived