Britain to become "second rate" in the world after Brexit - EU's Tusk

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dimitriv said:

I am Dutch. We used to own half of the world. New York was Dutch. We owned countries in South America and Indonesia was ours. We won almost all wars. My small country was a world power.

I am 100% sure that NL is doing much better than the UK economically.

Your country was beaten by the Germans, and stayed beat.

UK, on the other hand is still 5th largest economy in the world.

NL is not even listed so in what way is your country doing better?

28 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

[deleted].

I don't suppose any of you Little Englanders have actually ever lived in or been to Europe (apart from Benidorm, perhaps)? Or realise just how much Europeans despise you? If you did, maybe you might start talking out of your mouths for a change.

The feeling is mutual!

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

what all 17.4 million of us

Brexit is going to be a disaster. All the worlds top economists will tell you that. The vast majority of those 17.4 million people are going to be worse off after Brexit. No matter what form it takes. Every conceivable version of Brexit points to economic downturns.

When those 17.4 million are financially worse off and no longer have access to free health care who are they going to blame?

Immigrants?

The EU?

Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP?

John Bercow?

Probably all the above. The one thing they wont do is admit they were stupid.

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Your country was beaten by the Germans, and stayed beat.

UK, on the other hand is still 5th largest economy in the world.

NL is not even listed so in what way is your country doing better?

The United Kingdom, with a $2.83 trillion GDP is the fifth-largest economy in the world. When compared in terms of GDP purchasing-power-parity, U.K. slips to the ninth spot with a GDP-PPP of $3.04 trillion. It ranks 23rd in terms of GDP per capita, which is $42,558. Its nominal GDP is estimated to remain at $2.83 trillion during 2019, but its ranking is expected to slide to the seventh spot by 2023 with its GDP of $3.27 trillion.

1 hour ago, dimitriv said:

I am Dutch. We used to own half of the world. New York was Dutch. We owned countries in South America and Indonesia was ours. We won almost all wars. My small country was a world power

Since when was an empire so tiny as the Dutch half the world? the British Empire was the largest and that was only about 20%. As for wars that is why you lost it all! You must have been smoking something.

From wikepeadia

In the 18th century the Dutch colonial empire began to decline as a result of the Fourth Anglo-Dutch War of 1780–1784, in which the Netherlands lost a number of its colonial possessions and trade monopolies to the British Empire

7 hours ago, isaanistical said:

[deleted].

I don't suppose any of you Little Englanders have actually ever lived in or been to Europe (apart from Benidorm, perhaps)? Or realise just how much Europeans despise you? If you did, maybe you might start talking out of your mouths for a change.

Perhaps if you inform us "little englanders" of your birth country we may be able to make some suitable replies.....:whistling:

7 hours ago, bannork said:

Haven't their numbers gone down as the pound has fallen so far since the referendum?

Yes because our "home guard" has been intercepting them on the beaches and ports and turning them back :clap2:

The <deleted> have always been the yanks pets as matter of the fact if it wasn’t for the yanks they’d be speaking German now. ????????‍♂️

What a bunch of muppets/losers, just make sure you take your shoes off and get a visa before visiting Europe ????????

In the meantime, enjoy eating your beans on toast, proper a real food will be a mere mirage for you losers

????????????????????

1 minute ago, Ramdas said:

The <deleted> have always been the yanks pets as matter of the fact if it wasn’t for the yanks they’d be speaking German now. ????????‍♂️

What a bunch of muppets/losers, just make sure you take your shoes off and get a visa before visiting Europe ????????

In the meantime, enjoy eating your beans on toast, proper a real food will be a mere mirage for you losers

????????????????????

Get a grip mate. While I disagree with Brexit there is no need to throw insults around.

7 hours ago, Ramdas said:

????????????????????

ouch....methinks bitterness and  jealousy is twisting your mind....have a nice day now :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

????????????????????

Losers?

I imagine you have a lot of experience of that.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What Tusk and his cronies are worried about is the UK leaving will be the start of  other countries  leaving.

Then his fat cushy number will disappear.

That is one possibility.

Another one is that the would be leavers see the after brexit disaster and change their minds.

I hope you're not putting your hopes on the free trade agreement with the US, since that one has been called off already if the UK leaves with a deal.

17 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Brexiteers have never been able to get their heads around scale and why it matters. 

As 5th largest economy in the world, there aren't many (only 4) bigger countries to do business with.

Wouldn't it make sense for the UK to be in a position to trade with all the smaller countries?

2 hours ago, dimitriv said:

When these countries see what will happen with the UK I am sure they will have no wish to leave.

For a while I tried to understand the proponents of a Brexit. I mainly see a wish to go back to the past. Everything used to be better. But those people don't understand that the world has changed.

I am Dutch. We used to own half of the world. New York was Dutch. We owned countries in South America and Indonesia was ours. We won almost all wars. My small country was a world power.

And what is it now? We are a small dot on the globe. Most countries are more a threat than an ally. Do you really think that we would have a good negotiating position with the US or China when talking about trade? They will only laugh at us. The idea that we can achieve more independently than in a partnership is absurd.

I think the UK over estimates their strength and possibilities. I am curious to see what will happen.

Half the world? Bahaha.

Archived