Britain to become "second rate" in the world after Brexit - EU's Tusk

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

He already know the time is up for a new election regarding his work, which has been in the news more than one time. Again you post something irrelevant about the person, instead of coming with something concrete that can oppose his statement. Is that because lack of knowledge about the European Union, Brexit and the European as well as the World economy?

Maybe you should have more knowledge

Donald Tusk is poised to swap one European presidency for another.

After five years as European Council president, the former Polish prime minister is now the unchallenged candidate to lead the European People’s Party, the center-right political family that has dominated the EU for more than 40 years.

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

How can you post something concrete about something that hasn't happened?

He's a dreadful man and has done nothing but cause problems during the negotiations. 

He's just making wild assumptions with no basis and he ought to keep his nose out

I would say that this man, disregarding if we like him or not. I personally don´t. He have more knowledge about the situation and what change that causes what reaction and what effect that might have than both you and me.

You are right. You can not post something concrete about something that hasn´t happened. What you can do is predict and use your knowldge and education to analyse a most probable scenario. Not even that might be right, as I posted in an earlier post in this topic. Anyway, that is probably what Mr Tusk has been doing, and the news people shine the light a little bit different to make it sound more definitive.

If he is a dreadful man or not, is probably again a personal definition, that does not fit in this equation and thread. Here you have UK on one side and EU on another. As it is now PM Johnson is representing UK and Tusk representing EU. I assume you are a Brit or from the UK, and then you see him as terrible because he is on the other side of the fence, trying to get as much as he can in the deal. That´s exaclty what PM Johnson are doing on his side of the fence.

In all negotiations all over the world, the parties included are trying to cause problems to eachother to reach a deal. That´s the laws and conduct of business.

7 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

After five years as European Council president, the former Polish prime minister is now the unchallenged candidate to lead the European People’s Party, the center-right political family that has dominated the EU for more than 40 years.

From one trough to another....elected of course :cheesy:

9 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

And there you have it: "unchallenged candidate" for a major political position within the EU!

10 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Sure, I know that. Still not the same work. We all know that there are no fair elections anywhere. They are all rigged by the strong people behind them.

He is a puppet now, and he will remain a puppet later. However, he is a puppet with a lot of power.

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sure, I know that. Still not the same work. We all know that there are no fair elections anywhere. They are all rigged by the strong people behind them.

He is a puppet now, and he will remain a puppet later. However, he is a puppet with a lot of power.

What a lot of power? He is a German shepherd who must bark as Merkel tells him.

He has no power.

12 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

What a lot of power? He is a German shepherd who must bark as Merkel tells him.

He has no power.

Stop you nonsense now. You and Sticky Wicket are exactly same. Just attack the person, and never come with anything concrete to oppose whats is stated in the thread.

If you do not understand that the head of EU has power, yeah, what is there to say. I am sorry!

If he takes order from somebody. Sure he does. There is always more powerful people bihind the elected official persons. That does not make his statement less powerful. If anything, it makes it more powerful, because as you say, it comes from a person with even more power.

Finally. He is polish by birth, and a polish politician, and therefore he can not be a german shepheard. If he is a dog or not, that is debatable, though. 

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

If you do not understand that the head of EU has power, yeah, what is there to say. I am sorry!

Merkel can trust him and entrust him with various positions because she knows

that without her support Donald T. would have been in prison long ago.

She knows that Tusk will not bite her and will bark at everyone she indicates.

He has absolute zero power .

23 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Stop you nonsense now. You and Sticky Wicket are exactly same. Just attack the person, and never come with anything concrete to oppose whats is stated in the thread.

If he takes order from somebody. Sure he does. There is always more powerful people bihind the elected official persons. That does not make his statement less powerful. If anything, it makes it more powerful, because as you say, it comes from a person with even more power.

Finally. He is polish by birth, and a polish politician, and therefore he can not be a german shepheard. If he is a dog or not, that is debatable, though. 

I will attack the person, somebody in his position should be more professional.

He said there was a special place in hell for Brexiteers and that the UK will become second rate. 

How dare he!

He's a jumped up piece of <deleted>

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Your country was beaten by the Germans, and stayed beat.

UK, on the other hand is still 5th largest economy in the world.

NL is not even listed so in what way is your country doing better?

I see economy is not your strongest side.

The UK economy is 3 times the size of the economy of NL.

But the UK has 4 times more people.

Basically the UK is 25% behind NL for income per capita.

In the EU the UK it is a bit lagging behind. Together with countries such as Italy and Greece.

25 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You can't polish a turd

4 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

I see economy is not your strongest side.

In the EU the UK it is a bit lagging behind. Together with countries such as Italy and Greece.

You keeping kidding yourself, it's highly amusing!

We have to spend a fortune on nuclear weapons to keep you safe in your beds! 

You haven't got any!!

And your football team is shìt????

Glad you agree with me,

And NL, that Dimitriv feels is doing 100% better?

Why not list the stats for there, and give us all a good laugh?

Ok, lets have a good laugh.

The UK GDP $2.83 trillion

NL GDP $1.005 trillion

The UK has 66 million citizens

NL has 17 million

Do the math and laugh. The UK is 25% behind NL.

4 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I will attack the person, somebody in his position should be more professional.

He said there was a special place in hell for Brexiteers and that the UK will become second rate. 

How dare he!

He's a jumped up piece of <deleted>

Ok, I agree. Stating that it would be a special place in hell for Brexiteers is taking it far over the line. For that he should be ashamed.

About second rate, we will have to wait and see. One thing is totally clear. It´s going to be tough for UK even after Brexit.

What would be better though, would be if you picked him down in pieces regarding better knowledge about his statements instead of name calling. That would at least show some professionalism from one side.

2 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

You keeping kidding yourself, it's highly amusing!

We have to spend a fortune on nuclear weapons to keep you safe in your beds! 

You haven't got any!!

And your football team is shìt????

Don't try to change the subject please...  Let's keep to the point. Economy and not football.

And please understand that I did not start this topic.

14 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Merkel can trust him and entrust him with various positions because she knows

that without her support Donald T. would have been in prison long ago.

She knows that Tusk will not bite her and will bark at everyone she indicates.

He has absolute zero power .

Do you ask yourself what you actually write before you post it?

What you are saying is that he has no power against Merkel, but with her backing and her orders he barks then his power is great in front of others.

After that you finish with, He has absolutely zero power. 

hmmmmmm.......?????

5 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Don't try to change the subject please...  Let's keep to the point. Economy and not football.

And please understand that I did not start this topic.

Please give us money every week then please, rather than us giving the EU boatloads

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

In all negotiations all over the world, the parties included are trying to cause problems to eachother to reach a deal. That´s the laws and conduct of business.

The negotiations between the UK and the EU, rather than a business (commercial) deal are in fact governed by the Lisbon Treaty, to which both the EU and the UK are signatories. It is my understanding that the spirit, and perhaps the letter of that Treaty is that both parties in any withdrawal negotiations should proceed on the basis of attempting to reach a fair and amicable agreement. The internal political shenanigans since article 50 was triggered within the UK have certainly not helped with that - perhaps a resolution to that is close? However neither have the often partisan stances, and statements by the various officials in charge of matters and influencing matters within the EU. I am thinking not just about Mr Tusk but also Messrs Junker,  Barnier, Verhofstadt and others with leadership roles in the EU higherarchy and European Parliament. 

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

He is predicting something that may not happen.

To go back many decades to a different time in UK politics, MRDA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRDA_(slang)

MRDA, an abbreviation for Mandy Rice-Davies Applies, is Internet slang meaning "well he would say that, wouldn't he?" It is used to indicate scepticism of a claim due to the obvious bias of the person making the claim.

Brexiteers are predicting the UK will be better off after leaving the EU.

Tusk is saying we will be worse off.

Now which version of events do world economists suggest is the most likely?

You think being 5th largest economy in the world is a 'harsh truth'?

Not for much longer.

The United Kingdom, with a $2.83 trillion GDP is the fifth-largest economy in the world. When compared in terms of GDP purchasing-power-parity, U.K. slips to the ninth spot with a GDP-PPP of $3.04 trillion. It ranks 23rd in terms of GDP per capita, which is $42,558. Its nominal GDP is estimated to remain at $2.83 trillion during 2019, but its ranking is expected to slide to the seventh spot by 2023 with its GDP of $3.27 trillion.

Try and digest everything after the top line that you seem fixated on.

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not for much longer.

The United Kingdom, with a $2.83 trillion GDP is the fifth-largest economy in the world. When compared in terms of GDP purchasing-power-parity, U.K. slips to the ninth spot with a GDP-PPP of $3.04 trillion. It ranks 23rd in terms of GDP per capita, which is $42,558. Its nominal GDP is estimated to remain at $2.83 trillion during 2019, but its ranking is expected to slide to the seventh spot by 2023 with its GDP of $3.27 trillion.

Try and digest everything after the top line that you seem fixated on.

2023, isn't the world predicted to be underwater by climate change before then?

Didn't 'they' predict the Brexit vote would be to stay, and the US presidential election would be won by Hillary?

I love predictions made by people globalist/Marxists with an agenda, only fools pay attention to them.

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Britain is at the forefront of 

Robotics

https://www.therobotreport.com/10-automated-countries-in-the-world/
So, not in the top as a country using robotics
https://www.analyticsinsight.net/meet-the-top-countries-leading-the-global-robotics-revolution/
As I can read it´s Germany, Singapore and South Korea that are thr forefront. 

Aerospace

As I can see it, you are not in the forefront of aerospace if your export of just that amounts to only 19 billion dollar a year and stand for 5,7% of the world export in that area. The one in front of everybody is reaching a market hold of 41,9% with an export value of over 139 billion dollar.

Additive manufacturing (3-D printing)

Except that Germany is better in Europe and US the biggest in the world.

Virtual and augmented reality

Take a look here. Not many from the UK: https://disruptionhub.com/7-ar-companies-to-watch/

AI and machine learning

Actually on the list https://www.futuresplatform.com/blog/5-countries-leading-way-ai-artificial-intelligence-machine-learning

Renewables

As usual. Not on the list: https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/top-renewable-energy-producing-countries/

Power grids and wind farms

With an installed capacity of generating 20,7 GW it still only makes them the third country in Europe with Spain and Germany in front. As only Germany generating capacity is over double the one in UK I find it hard to agree with that they are in forefront. If you then take the two giants which are US with a capacity of 96 GW and China with a capacity of 221 GW it becomes even harder.

Healthtech

Amazed. Here you are spot on, https://healthinformatics.uic.edu/blog/the-4-top-countries-for-health-tech-development/ ,but will it be enough with all others that was not right? 

Plus the financial services will always stay in London.

Financial services will not stay in the UK and London, if they can´t meet up to beeing a powerhouse on international level. I am pretty sure that the UK today, like other countries, depend on many knowledgeble professionals from other countries to be successful in many areas. What happens if the freedom of work and movement of people is taken away after Brexit?

Just because we don't mass manufacture products anymore, doesn't mean we can't still be a powerhouse. 

Also the country with the greatest amount of soft power

As well as having the biggest talkers and promotors for their country. But, that´s ok. All promotors always tells the truth.

Putting Juncker the Junta and the Polish traiter Tusk in charge, was the worst thing the EU ever did, it changed all from a common market to a federal union, Hence the wish of the British people to leave, those that want to remain are only interested in their own personal reasons, and obviously no idea on how well the UK managed before the dubious vote to join.

The EU only wants UK's contributions to finance its Federal scemes, and rarely listened to UK MEP's, Britain's empire as it was, changed after the WW2, a war to end Germany's tyranny in Europe, for which Britain paid a high price. the price of leaving may be high, but worth the cost to be free again to re-build its world's place, as I'm sure it will, while the federal EU begins to crumble.

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

What Tusk and his cronies are worried about is the UK leaving will be the start of  other countries  leaving.

Then his fat cushy number will disappear.

Exactly! And their tyrannical rule will eventually come to an end. Go Boris.

Archived