BANGKOK
webfact

Britain to become "second rate" in the world after Brexit - EU's Tusk

So far, it is all about opinions, interpretations, or/and extrapolations of facts, influenced by the personal feelings of the ones who expressed them. 

Time will tell what will happens with the U.K. and the E.U.. 

For some British, having a passport without the mention of "European Union" , will already be a conquest/triumph. 

Fair enough. 

However I believe that for many others, British 

and European "man in the street", as myself, 

what influence it will have on our daily life, is the most important factor. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s spot on! Never a more true thing has been coming from the lips of this man.

Tusk is the second rate element here, as are the rest of the EU big cheeses. I heard this...they said that. Balls!

But I suppose we must thank this cretin for boosting leave sentiment before the election. 

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You think being 5th largest economy in the world is a 'harsh truth'?

Nope, that´s a fact. Britain is today a strong economy despite the struggling against recession.

They were a very strong economy also before the EU was created.

However, if it will remian strong is something we will have to see. Is it strong today because it made the right decision to enter EU, or can the country stand alone and still remain strong? Can it even grow stronger?

My opinion is that they will lose and crasch badly when standing alone outside the EU. Who knows? I might be right, but I might also be wrong.

The brits have showed to be strong and survive many times while also come out even stronger after that. I do not wish people of a country to suffer, so let´s just say good luck and hope everything turns out alright.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

He is predicting something that may not happen.

To go back many decades to a different time in UK politics, MRDA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRDA_(slang)

MRDA, an abbreviation for Mandy Rice-Davies Applies, is Internet slang meaning "well he would say that, wouldn't he?" It is used to indicate scepticism of a claim due to the obvious bias of the person making the claim.

As well as that abbreviation already worked with the pound, I would predict it will work even better with Brexit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Tusk is the second rate element here, as are the rest of the EU big cheeses. I heard this...they said that. Balls!

But I suppose we must thank this cretin for boosting leave sentiment before the election. 

So, your opinion is that UK gets more power standing alone on the international market, than remaining in European Union? You mean that they are going to be able to make better deals with a fraction of the power on the international market?

• Like 2