Britain to become "second rate" in the world after Brexit - EU's Tusk

webfact

25 minutes ago, kingdong said:

"Implication" i.e putting words in people's mouths.your fine points are academic as the majority of uk citizens voted to leave.

On the contrary, the majority of UK citizens did not vote to leave. In fact, barely 1 in 3 UK citizens voted to leave.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, sanemax said:

Terrible when you cant go to jail because theres some foreigner there taking your place in jail

What a way to go ,  as a guest of Her Majesty .

May i add i have paid taxes , all my working life, and still do.

Regular meals , Doctor on call , dental care , comfort , and a safe haven in the nick, bliss.

Thats my plan .  LOScams / Visa regs ,  goodbye ..

15 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Has it occurred to you that the British people voted to leave because they,'re sick and tired of having to subsidise the eu?,anyway let's see what happens when we leave,there won,t be an eu in ten years time au revoir can,t say it's been a pleasure.

OK, so now we are at 10 years' life expectancy. Two or three years back, many of the more forthright Brexiteers on ThaiVisa were declaring, with absolute confidence, that the EU was not going to last much beyond whichever Italian election was coming up. Good to see that it has clawed itself back from the brink.

32 minutes ago, kingdong said:

"Implication" i.e putting words in people's mouths.your fine points are academic as the majority of uk citizens voted to leave.

The majority of UK citizens did not vote to leave.

Only 37% of the electorate did. And now many of those 37% are dead and many have changed their minds about leaving.

Time for a new referendum now people realise how dire leaving will be for the majority of the UK citizens.

21 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Has it occurred to you that the British people voted to leave because they,'re sick and tired of having to subsidise the eu?,anyway let's see what happens when we leave,there won,t be an eu in ten years time au revoir can,t say it's been a pleasure.

You haven't a clue, have you?

On 11/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, Brigand said:

More Project Nonsense from someone who has way more to worry about in his own backyard.

Brexit in a nutshell, stick your head in the sand and hope for the best.

The vultures are gathering over the carcass. Only the delusional would think they can get a trade deal during a claim for compensation.

During World Trade Organisation (WTO) negotiations, Australian representatives said anticipation of Britain’s departure from the EU had resulted in prolonged disruption. The complaint was supported by 14 countries, including the US, China, India, Canada and New Zealand. 

“Compensatory concessions should be provided to affected WTO members for loss of market access,” an Australian official told the Australian Financial Review.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/australia-brexit-trade-disruption-eu-wto-news-a9205496.html

On 11/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, BritManToo said:

Good find, Arthur was always the top man (and Red Ken).

Probably the top liar in the UK at the time. I went to the South African coal mines in 1985 and nothing like what was portrayed by the "King Coal", completely automated.

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Brexit in a nutshell, stick your head in the sand and hope for the best.

The vultures are gathering over the carcass. Only the delusional would think they can get a trade deal during a claim for compensation.

During World Trade Organisation (WTO) negotiations, Australian representatives said anticipation of Britain’s departure from the EU had resulted in prolonged disruption. The complaint was supported by 14 countries, including the US, China, India, Canada and New Zealand. 

“Compensatory concessions should be provided to affected WTO members for loss of market access,” an Australian official told the Australian Financial Review.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/australia-brexit-trade-disruption-eu-wto-news-a9205496.html

Nothing to do with putting heads in sand, it is what voters wanted.

If we put our heads in the sand in 1939 we would now be part of the German Empire. We could have easily done that, but we didn't, did we...????

14 minutes ago, transam said:

If we put our heads in the sand in 1939 we would now be part of the German Empire. We could have easily done that, but we didn't, did we...????

well its what some voters wanted.  You forgot to mention we saw off Napoleon in 1815 too.

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Err Trans, WW2 is over.

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, but my point was we rejected German dominance then and prospered, now, same, same....????.................????

well, post WW2 your economy spluttered and your empire fell apart.

You were the sick man of Europe.

14 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

On the contrary, the majority of UK citizens did not vote to leave. In fact, barely 1 in 3 UK citizens voted to leave.

So that's a reason to cancel it?one third of the population couldn,t be bothered to vote?about as feeble as about the poster on the bus,nothing compared to the lies of project fear.

14 hours ago, bannork said:

The majority of UK citizens did not vote to leave.

Only 37% of the electorate did. And now many of those 37% are dead and many have changed their minds about leaving.

Time for a new referendum now people realise how dire leaving will be for the majority of the UK citizens.

As usual for a Remainer you neglected to mention how many of the population couldn't be bothered to vote Remain or Leave.

As they did not vote then they cannot be included in your percentage as the majority of UK citizens did not vote to leave, especially as you have no idea (neither do I or anybody else) what percentage would have voted to Leave or Remain.

14 hours ago, bannork said:

You haven't a clue, have you?

A typical Remainer remark but thankfully free of insults.

As a Leaver, I have no objection to a second referendum, but ONLY after the first referendum has been completed and a period of time has passed.. Otherwise it makes a mockery of any referendums and of democracy.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

As usual for a Remainer you neglected to mention how many of the population couldn't be bothered to vote Remain or Leave.

As they did not vote then they cannot be included in your percentage as the majority of UK citizens did not vote to leave, especially as you have no idea (neither do I or anybody else) what percentage would have voted to Leave or Remain.

A typical Remainer remark but thankfully free of insults.

As a Leaver, I have no objection to a second referendum, but ONLY after the first referendum has been completed and a period of time has passed.. Otherwise it makes a mockery of any referendums and of democracy.

I think we do have to make a mockery of this referendum, it was ill thought out without no clear choices if the population chose leave. A binary question to a complex issue as we have seen.

We are now on our third election in the last four and a half years. If we can ask the people to make up their minds regarding our politicians this often we can certainly ask them to think about Brexit again.

12 minutes ago, kingdong said:

So that's a reason to cancel it?one third of the population couldn,t be bothered to vote?about as feeble as about the poster on the bus,nothing compared to the lies of project fear.

You stated quite clearly that:

15 hours ago, kingdong said:

the majority of uk citizens voted to leave.

which, like the words on the side of the now Prime Minister's bus, is simply not true. 

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

I think we do have to make a mockery of this referendum, it was ill thought out without no clear choices if the population chose leave. A binary question to a complex issue as we have seen.

We are now on our third election in the last four and a half years. If we can ask the people to make up their minds regarding our politicians this often we can certainly ask them to think about Brexit again.

Choices were the same in 1975. The only difference is the result. Ask again 41 years after we actually leave.

1 hour ago, samran said:

55555555555, really, so how come the UK, 1 of 28, pays 13% into the EU coffers...?

And how come the "sick man of Europe" is having a ploblem leaving it....?

Now you tell me what country you come from, bet you don't....????

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Must have missed the bit where voters wanted to become second rate.

PS. easy to distort the context, isn't it.

Is that the best you can do...........????

Now I know you are smarting with the way things are going, and so running out of ammunition, that is, unless Boris has another ruck with his bird and the glass is still against the wall....????

6 hours ago, samran said:

Further to Trans reply; How many in your ancestral gene pool were Pom-side cira 1945 or 1918?

('Your' was likely yours too, pal!)

4 hours ago, transam said:

55555555555, really, so how come the UK, 1 of 28, pays 13% into the EU coffers...?

And how come the "sick man of Europe" is having a ploblem leaving it....?

Now you tell me what country you come from, bet you don't....????

We were talking post WW2, that is, time before you (begged to) join the EU. Do keep up. 

Australia. 

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Further to Trans reply; How many in your ancestral gene pool were Pom-side cira 1945 or 1918?

('Your' was likely yours too, pal!)

Thankfully, none. Irish all the way, pal. 

The sooner the Union Jack is off my flag, and Betty is off the back of my coins, the better...

Archived