Non O from Myanmar

Has anyone had success in getting a Non O (based on children) from Myanmar? Are they asking to see 200k in the bank like the Laos Consulate?

If I have just used a 3 month Non o and extended it 2 months do you think I can get another. ( I know Laos don't allow back to back non o's)

So many questions I know, but its so important I can stay to look after my kids.

PS i have an income from the UK never exceeding 30-35k a month so I can't get a 12 month extension.

Thanks in advance.

You can still get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet. They may ask to see the standard equivalent of 20k baht in a bank that is required for any type of visa.

Only Penang asks for 200k baht in the bank.

I think you can get a non-o visa at the embassy in Yangon.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can still get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet. They may ask to see the standard equivalent of 20k baht in a bank that is required for any type of visa.

Only Penang asks for 200k baht in the bank.

I think you can get a non-o visa at the embassy in Yangon.

Last time (4 months ago) I applied for my non o at Vientiane they wanted to see 200k or a monthly balance. Three or four others there were refused because of this.

I have applied once for a Non-O based on children in Myanmar. Just simply because I wanted a change of scenery. 

Loved the city and the Thai embassy (consulate) where the friendliest in the world. With not 1 sole in the whole building they rather looked strange seeing me walk in. LOL

Asked politely how to apply for a Non-O. They took my paperwork and asked me to come back in 2 hours as the staff had to ask the Ambassador first as they were not sure. Came back in and was told all ok. Come back tomorrow to pick up the Visa.

Now please note. This was last year. Not sure what has changed in myanmar since. Maybe email them?

4 hours ago, battersea said:

Really...200k ?

I am due to go there next week to get the same type of visa .

When you say 'monthly balance' what do you mean ?

If you have payments coming in over 40,000 baht ...will this be enough ?

Yes 200k just for the 3 month non o.

Yes 40k a month is enough.

5 hours ago, justaphase said:

Last time (4 months ago) I applied for my non o at Vientiane they wanted to see 200k or a monthly balance. Three or four others there were refused because of this.

I have not seen any recent reports of people being asked for 200k baht in the bank at Vientiane.