Four new stations on Skytrain green line to open next month

webfact

Four new stations on Skytrain green line to open next month

By THE NATION

800_93384c780e06e8b.jpg?v=1573694489

Sakoltee Phattiyakul, deputy Bangkok governor along with representatives from the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA), Bangkok Mass Transit System Pcl (BTSC) and Krungthep Thanakom (KT) welcomed members of the media on Wednesday (November 13) afternoon to the test run of the Skytrain green line extension from Mo Chit to Khu Khot.

640_aaii955aj57dge9ab88bf.jpg

A joint project of these three organizations, the extension covers Satri Woranat, Ratchayothin, Sena Nikhom and Kasetsart University stations and is scheduled to open next month.

The test run started from Ha Yaek Lat Phrao station (N9) and finished at Kasetsart University station (N13). “We operated this test run to show the press and general public that the train runs smoothly without any problems, and the section will be ready to open early December as scheduled,” Sakoltee said, adding that the extension should help relieve the traffic congestion from the Lat Phrao intersection to Saphan Mai, an area packed with several schools, government buildings and residential areas.

640_ahfa5agcia8bfafgaehb8.jpg

“We hope that the opening of 4 new stations will help improve traffic conditions during rush hours,” he said. “Furthermore, the new section can accommodate trains at an interval of four minutes, which is more efficient than the usual 6-8 minutes.”

Eleven more stations along the green line are under construction and scheduled to open before the end of 2020.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378320

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-14

3 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

Is there a bts station at don muang airport on this extension? 

Not yet but I guess with the next extension there is one very near. Now it's just a bit closer than Mo Chit. The nearest station in the future will be at Laksi Roundabout (BTS Wat Phra Sri Mahathat)

Edit: Just saw that at Royal Thai Air Force Museum will be a BTS station which moves people from there to the airport but not sure how.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

There are no BTS stations planned for Don Mueang.

The SRT Red Line will go there, opening early-mid 2021.

Are there any BTS/MRT stations planning to get opened to Chaeng Wattana? Sure would be useful for anyone needing to go to Immigration for extensions.

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Are there any BTS/MRT stations planning to get opened to Chaeng Wattana? Sure would be useful for anyone needing to go to Immigration for extensions.

Yes, the Pink Line (monorail) will run along Chaeng Watthana Road, it will connect with the BTS Green Line, the MRT Purple Line and the Red Line.

You will be able to use your Rabbit Card.

Construction well under way, opens early 2021.

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Just saw that at Royal Thai Air Force Museum will be a BTS station which moves people from there to the airport but not sure how.

I don't think there's an entrance to the airport itself from that side, it's on the wrong side of the airforce base (and the golf course).

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

There are no BTS stations planned for Don Mueang.

The SRT Red Line will go there, opening early-mid 2021.

Red line is the one that starts at Bang Son and interchanges with MRT pink or purple or whatever that line is that goes from Tao Poon towards Wongsawang there?

So basically for someone who wanted to get from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang all by train could take Airport Link to Makkasan, switch to MRT Petchaburi station and go to Tao Poon, switch to (whatever that colour is) line to Bang Son, then switch to red line to Don Mueang?

Just trying to work out what that red line is and why it starts at Bang Son. I mean there is a monstrously large station at Bang Sue. Why not start there...

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It does!

That makes far more sense. I need to check out the map more in detail. Thank you for clarifying.

Since you seem to be in the know... I wanted to ask about the airport link from Don Mueang to U-Tapao. I assume it would split at Lat Krabang to Suvarnabhumi or towards Rayong as there's already tracks splitting there - or that it would continue through Suvarnabhumi and then somehow get back to over the eastern rail line towards Chonburi and beyond. But question is on extension at Phyathai - would that mean that much of the airport link would run right next to red line towards the airport?

4 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Not yet but I guess with the next extension there is one very near. Now it's just a bit closer than Mo Chit. The nearest station in the future will be at Laksi Roundabout (BTS Wat Phra Sri Mahathat)

Edit: Just saw that at Royal Thai Air Force Museum will be a BTS station which moves people from there to the airport but not sure how.

There is a monorail connection planned to connect to and from the Airport to BTS Royal Thai Museum.

Exactly how the high speed will be handled at Swampy isn't clear yet, but there's no possibility of Swampy becoming a through station so inning and outing will be occuring.

As for Phaya Thai you are correct that tiny little corridor going north will have:-

• Red Line
  • Long distance SRT (on the viaduct with the Red Line)
  • 3 Airports Line (what we are talking about)
  • North and south High-Speed-Rail (it may share an alignment with the 3 Airports Line)

All good fun.

13 minutes ago, Estrada said:

There is a monorail connection planned to connect to and from the Airport to BTS Royal Thai Museum.

You got a source for that?

The museum is far enough north that a route around the top of the airport could work, whether it would actually happen with all the SRT stuff on the terminal side of the airport is unknown.

We are very excited at the impending opening of the extension - I live between the Sena and Ratchayothin stations, 500 meters walk to both. I have lived all over Bangkok but for me this is the best place - now with the regeneration that the train is bringing it is rapidly improving and property prices are increasing. I intend to make a concerted effort to keep the car and motorbikes in the parking lot and encourage visitors to do likewise. 

Just hoping that they finish the job with an improvement to the pavements. It would be nice if they buried the wires too, here's hoping. 

Kudos to all the construction workers and supervisors for a tremendous job done in double quick time. The traffic has been terrible for three years but it should all be worth the wait. 

Rooster

To help me navigate the train lines, I wrote an Android app showing all BTS and MRT lines in Bangkok, along with the under construction and proposed lines.  I thought it might be useful to other people so I put it up in the Google Play store.

I'll push an update for this line when I see confirmation that the stations are open.

Free with ads:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mike_land.bangkokbtsandmrtmap.free

Paid:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mike_land.bangkokbtsandmrtmap.paid

Archived