Thai Social security not accepted for non OA

8 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

lack of clarity will always allow for interpretations in this case. 

That and the average I.O. seems unwilling to ask their superiors any questions (for whatever reason), therefore they take the "safest" route which is to just go to the extreme as it would be better (it seems) to be too seen as too strict vs too lenient. 

Too strict gets a nod of approval from the big boss while being too lenient might result in an a** chewing (which would cause a loss of face).

No clear instructions from headquarters and no clear instruction at the various Immigration Offices also leaves the gates open to selective enforcement (on foreigners) and/or selective discipline on the lower ranked I.O.'s which assures that the higher ranked I.O.(s) are in a perfect position of power, always have the upper hand and are never wrong (no matter what ).

Just my thoughts.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

This is what I am trying to point out, not that the rules clearly exempt or demand it, but the lack of clarity will always allow for interpretations in this case. 

This is something I find very disappointing here...... new requirements get rolled out from some upper level, rather unspecific English translations are scattered around, and the immigration officers are expected to implement without any forward training or guidance. Here is a rule, implement it! Expats can have their lives turned upside down basically while Immigration get their shxt together. It might get sorted but there has to be a lot of uncertainty and ineptitude first. Poor show.