Thai tourism: Joy as the Russians come back in their thousands!

webfact

I remember well when so many Russians came to Thailand, so many hotels had an off limits for them!
Then because of the bad economy and the very low currency they didn't come so many, Thailand was crying!
Now see some thousands of Russians and, EUREKA welcome the Russians!
We will see how many and how long they will come again!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Seems like the only group of tourists that TVF posters approve of are the knuckle dragging, bar stool sitting sexpat in Pattaya. 

If you care to get off your high horse and ponder the facts , TAT are celebrating a number of visitors who may arrive NEXT YEAR !

That degree of absurdity suggests that the tourist outlook is somewhat more shakey than even the most bitter TV member thinks.

After 20 years travelling in Thailand I personally have never set foot in Pattaya up to now , but given your recomendation I shall have a look next month.

Just now, Cake Monster said:

Dozens of Russian only Charter flights due between NEW YEAR AND SONGKRAN 

Soooo ! They are not actually here yet then !

Sounds like these Aircraft are Pies to me

There are Russians here now seen quite a few around

Just now, joecoolfrog said:

Sure they drink but mostly its bought from Seven. On numerous occasions I have seen Russians ejected from bars for bringing in their own booze.

OK, I've never seen that I was once sat in a bar in Patong were they ordered a bottle of Sangsom 1500 Baht I thought you robbing so an so

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

The Russians - once scared off foreign travel including Thailand due to the collapse of the rouble - are now back in droves. 

Rouble has fallen further against the US dollar so this is total bull s%%t media piece. I have been in Russia for the last two years on assignments, first year exchange rate was 55 rouble to $1, last year it got worse to 59 rouble to $1. Currently today is peaking downhill at 64 rouble to $1. Pity the writers dont check their facts before making up stories.

The story doesn't say that they are back because the rouble improved, just that they stopped coming for a while when it went down.

Rooster

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nice to know that the Russians are the answer to the tourism dilemma .

Personally i find groups of Russians not only extremely rude and pushy, but loud and arrogant. Pity the locals having to put up with them in large numbers again.

The same was said about the Israelis 20 years ago, but now that would be anti semitic. 

Archived