BANGKOK
webfact

Samui: Russian on huge overstay arrested while having his lunch!

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

What’s nutty is bothering about what a stranger has done in a country that you weren’t born in? Why his arrest would give you pleasure is beyond me and many others on here ... there’s something abnormal about getting off on someone else’s downfall.

And there is something abnormal about not understanding, like you appearently jave big problems with.

I does not give me pleasure, and I am definately not getting off on this. I suppose that is just a formation of word and expressions you use for not beeing able to make normal discussions. Like something a tough guy would use n the street to get his kick of respect.

I am getting a lot of pain fron this, though, and most probably we all get a lot of hardship from immigration, just because of the big amount of bad apples that comes to Thailand and think they can do as they wish.

The only abnormal, as already stated, is that you can not understand that.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So when push came to shove, would you use the Immigration Police snitch-line?

After you and your friends had unfriended him I mean?

What do you think is best? See to that a person gets away from his problem and help him home? Or is it just let him be and give him help year after year with different things he need and not dare to do without a visa, until everybody finally gets tired of him and he get caught? Maybe then in an even harder position in life.

That is not called unfriend somebody in my book. It´s called helping a friend. Thailand has a magic power to get the grip on people, and sometimes they can not understand whats the best choice out of that reason. Probably something you would not understand.

The first thing that would happen is that he gets help coming home and clearing his problems with fines if that is his problems. Not reporting at first.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So you don't agree that there's a bigger picture viz who can qualify for a long term stay in Thailand? It's all about those pesky, overstaying, illegally working bad apples?

Good to know you've read the Thailand 4.0 guide book though. Makes you truly special... on this forum anyway. Is that the official one as published in the Royal Gazette

or is it the Thailand 4.0 for Dummies you can find on lazada?

I guess my admittedly ill-judged attempt to appear to join your legion of professional Thai bashers was doomed to fail. You guys are good. I just need to work out what for.

What has Thailand 4.0 to do with this? They are not clear out of 1.0 yet.

Edited by Matzzon

21 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I think it was Irish stew with salt and buttery.

I heard he is an out of work ventriloquist who was enjoying his usual lunch of gred and gutter with a goiled egg and a gottle of geer.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The media asked the public to keep calling in tips on the 1178 snitch-line. 

but i thought ''NO TIPS'' was the order of the day. :wink:

Maybe i always stay in the wrong places but in the 10 years i have been here j never got checked or asked to show my passport by police or immigration 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What do you think is best? See to that a person gets away from his problem and help him home? Or is it just let him be and give him help year after year with different things he need and not dare to do without a visa, until everybody finally gets tired of him and he get caught? Maybe then in an even harder position in life.

That is not called unfriend somebody in my book. It´s called helping a friend. Thailand has a magic power to get the grip on people, and sometimes they can not understand whats the best choice out of that reason. Probably something you would not understand.

The first thing that would happen is that he gets help coming home and clearing his problems with fines if that is his problems. Not reporting at first.

I agree wholeheartedly with assisting a fellow foreigner and especially a friend but I can't see where you can determine it's "Probably something you would not understand."  Anyway, regardless of your misconception, maybe you are unfamiliar with the concept of 'when push comes to shove' in my earlier post so I will try and explain.

After all the good work and honest intentions of you and your friends over time to help the hypothetical friend who has mismanaged and continues to abuse his Thai immigration status, the hypothetical friend spurns all good advice, chooses to 'go dark', fly under the immigration radar and overstay.

With your earlier stated conviction that such abusers of the system imperils your good standing here in Thailand, would you call the 1178 'snitch-line'?

A simple Yes or No answer will suffice, unembellished by incorrect assumptions or further obfuscation.

2 hours ago, justin case said:

how did he survive 8 years with no job ?

Is there anything in the OP article to suggest that he wasn't working here or getting paid here?

That's irrelevant anyway as it is his immigration status that got him arrested and no mention of the Labour Department being involved.

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I agree wholeheartedly with assisting a fellow foreigner and especially a friend but I can't see where you can determine it's "Probably something you would not understand."  Anyway, regardless of your misconception, maybe you are unfamiliar with the concept of 'when push comes to shove' in my earlier post so I will try and explain.

After all the good work and honest intentions of you and your friends over time to help the hypothetical friend who has mismanaged and continues to abuse his Thai immigration status, the hypothetical friend spurns all good advice, chooses to 'go dark', fly under the immigration radar and overstay.

With your earlier stated conviction that such abusers of the system imperils your good standing here in Thailand, would you call the 1178 'snitch-line'?

A simple Yes or No answer will suffice, unembellished by incorrect assumptions or further obfuscation.

Yes, I probably would. Was that clear enough for you? I thought I made my stance clear.

Edited by Matzzon

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

It does not give me pleasure but as long time many time visited tourist who was planning on semi retiring to Thailand, when guys like him get away with this, it makes more trouble for the rest of law abiding expats, that do all the paperwork, pay all the fees, etc

It’s makes no difference to you or anyone else. Thailand doesn’t want you, something you haven’t woken up to ... something the Russian understood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Of course he would, he call the snitch line and store the memory in the wank bank for later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1