Samui: Russian on huge overstay arrested while having his lunch!

webfact

15 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

You may well be correct but in general  it takes a special kind of hate filled inadequate to be disgusted by petty criminals. The anger and hate is so out of proportion and vaguely deranged that counselling and psychiatric seems advisable. Such people have not fallen for government propaganda...they have been damaged since childhood but lack  the intelligence to mask their misanthropy. They lack the empathy to know shame. We can only pray such people do not breed and pass on their sickness to vunerable children. Charity, forgiveness,  empathy and love really help not hate and disgust.

What I don't understand is why far more posters on Thai Visa fit your characterisation like a hand in a glove, than you will find in the general population.

Why does TV particularly attract the bitter and twisted?

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, Matzzon said:

Ok, thanks! I took a step back and now I understand better. Yes, it´s worng. I am actually cheering caught overstayers, and when I reached that conclusion, I felt happiness.

I guess that must make me evil in some peoples eyes. But, that´s okey! If that is what it takes to claim that the right way is to follow the law in the country you chose to visit or reside in, then so be it.

Regarding my avatar, that one has nothingdo do with overstaying, or can you please connect that part for me. Last but not least. In this part of the forum I have been tols we use english. So I will just translate for the rest of the readers. schdenfreude mean plainly "having a ball out of somebody elses misery.

Re: schadenfreude
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/schadenfreude 
"I have been tols [sic] we use english [sic]." Schadenfreude is a well-established word in the English language, borrowed from the German language. 

Edited by androokery
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, uesnyc said:

If only US Homeland security could get it done like this.

if only UK Homeland security , could get it done like this ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

The arresting immigration officers must have a lot of time on their hands to stop looking for overstayers, and violators of 90 day and TM30 reporting to participate in these photo shoots.  I'm certainly going to sleep better knowing another one of these desperados have been taken into custody.  It's no telling what he would have done next.  You just can't make stuff like this up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 7:38 AM, AhFarangJa said:

I wonder who he upset.............????

A young Russian in Samui ? 

He was probably working , selling holiday tours to Russian tourists, so it's easy to upset the locals when the money go somewhere else.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He had been overstaying in the kingdom for nearly eight years - a whopping 2,861 days. 

-------------

He stamped his own passport with an expiration date "2562" trying to give himself an extra 500 years but was still one year before the Thai calendar year of 2563.  

He had 20 baht in his passport when he handed it over, but that didn't work.  

He tried to speak Thai and show them a citizenship card, but all he said was "kap krap kap kap kap kap kap" and that didn't work.

Then he said he was kidnapped by 100 ladyboys and imprisoned deep in the jungle. 

• Like 1

I'm often really bemused at the way so many members here rush to defend someone who has been caught breaking the law to such an extent. Without knowing him, they seem to assume he is just a poor unfortunate traveller down on his luck. Someone deserving of sympathy, a good guy caught up in the system, probably supporting a wife, kids, village (they couldn't make it to lunch on the day?). There's a lot of quasi social workers on this forum.

When I see a seemingly youngish man who has lived here illegally, under the radar for 8 years, my thoughts are,  why couldn't he go home, why didn't he get a visa to stay legal like most of the rest of us, how has he legally supported himself over the years? Is the breach of Immigration law his only criminality? and, A good thing he has been caught so he can go home to sort out his life or face his past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Nook225 said:

But you do not call disgusting your obnoxious, cartoon-tattooed English sex tourists who rob, rape, kill and sell drugs here? 

Many of these old farts are effectively breaking the criminal law by paying agencies to arrange funds for visa extensions because it is deemed documents fakery; neither you call disgusting these corrupted keystones, whom it took 8 people to apprehend that harmless ruski, having his fish and chips (not even with vodka).

People from developed countries, who don`t possess $50k in savings at the end of their lives to get visas legally are not considered "undesirable".

When you buy a house using a nominee thai shareholders for the company that you open to put your house on, you are breaking the criminal code, not even the immigration law, because you are not supposed to own the land (even indirectly).

I have always been amazed how meek and obsequies some of you, folks, can be in front of these thais for whom, most of you worth less than soi dog.

Breaking the law is bad, but there are shades in everything. E-cigarette can put you in jail for 10 years whereas paying a keystone cop or a w.ore is fine because "they need to support their hillbilly families". 

Good luck with your thai living, hope you will end up well there.

Nook.

Very confusing to read. You sound confused sometimes bitter and others more correct. 

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I'm often really bemused at the way so many members here rush to defend someone who has been caught breaking the law to such an extent. Without knowing him, they seem to assume he is just a poor unfortunate traveller down on his luck. Someone deserving of sympathy, a good guy caught up in the system, probably supporting a wife, kids, village (they couldn't make it to lunch on the day?). There's a lot of quasi social workers on this forum.

When I see a seemingly youngish man who has lived here illegally, under the radar for 8 years, my thoughts are,  why couldn't he go home, why didn't he get a visa to stay legal like most of the rest of us, how has he legally supported himself over the years? Is the breach of Immigration law his only criminality? and, A good thing he has been caught so he can go home to sort out his life or face his past.

Agree.  Plus is is people like him that have caused the crackdown on all good guys.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What a long time debate about a Russian overstayed in Thailand, there have recently been reported that a Brit , his age 83 ,overstayed 4000 days and longer , haven't seen many comments about that. Anyway, I can understand that some people are so happy here and don't want to go back to their country. Feel sorry for the old Brit, 83, yes, he has broken the law, but when deported he probably won't be back .Maybe,  a reprieve should be introduced for elderly farangs