Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Samui: Russian on huge overstay arrested while having his lunch!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You've been reading too much TV. Another urban myth perpetuated by Thai Visa. The crackdown on expats has absolutely nothing to do with poor souls such as the young Russian overstayer, who probably never did any harm to anyone and was just trying to enjoy his life in the way he wanted to.

 

It has everything to do with the government (junta) pandering to the xenophobia of their Thai base. No different to Trump's war cry of "Build the wall" and "Mexican immigrants are real bad hombres".

 

You have fallen for the propoganda of the government that wasn't even aimed at you.

 

You get on with your life and let others get on with theirs. In reality (a land you clearly don't inhabit) their actions have zero effect on you.

 

 

Really well put until you mentioned America and Mexico which is totally different. America is 100% right in protecting is borders as is Thailand and every other country in the world has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scot123 said:

Really well put until you mentioned America and Mexico which is totally different. America is 100% right in protecting is borders as is Thailand and every other country in the world has. 

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to have a pop at Trump or the US. It was just an easy and obvious example of a government using non factual prpoganda to garner votes with their supporters. Happens with governments around the world. Believe me I know, I'm from the UK!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IslandLover said:
On 11/14/2019 at 3:19 PM, Just Weird said:

That is not what was "the media" asked, webfact/Admin; in reality, the media asked that the 1178 hotline be used. 

Snitch-line is so much more descriptive 😍

I suppose that depends either on whether you condone serial illegal activity, or whether you like the phrase just because it you think that it gives you some kind of obtuse 'credibility' by being seen as a supporter of criminal activity.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I suppose that depends either on whether you condone serial illegal activity, or whether you like the phrase just because it you think that it gives you some kind of obtuse 'credibility' by being seen as a supporter of criminal activity.

When the law is an ass, kick it up the backside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:
9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I suppose that depends either on whether you condone serial illegal activity, or whether you like the phrase just because it you think that it gives you some kind of obtuse 'credibility' by being seen as a supporter of criminal activity.

When the law is an ass, kick it up the backside.

Seems like you fall into both camps!   Or, you may have fallen into an overstay!

Edited by Just Weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Seems like you fall into both camps!   Or, you may have fallen into an overstay!

Unlike the Russian guy, I don't need to overstay, easy for me to get my annual extension.

 

However, for the young Russian, he might find it near impossible to stay in Thailand for 52 weeks of the year. This is the failing of the visa system.

 

Having a choice between living in a country with great weather, beautiful women, beautiful people and to die for scenery and seeing out my days in Siberia, I would certainly consider gaming the system and staying here on overstay.

 

I tend to differentiate between what is morally right and what is legally right.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I tend to differentiate between what is morally right and what is legally right.

You mean that you tend to differentiate between what, in your mind, is subjectively morally right (i.e an opinion) and what is actually right (I.e the law)!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You mean that you tend to differentiate between what, in your mind, is subjectively morally right (i.e an opinion) and what is actually right (I.e the law)!

Nope.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I suppose that depends either on whether you condone serial illegal activity, or whether you like the phrase just because it you think that it gives you some kind of obtuse 'credibility' by being seen as a supporter of criminal activity.

Nobody likes a grass

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

You've been reading too much TV. Another urban myth perpetuated by Thai Visa. The crackdown on expats has absolutely nothing to do with poor souls such as the young Russian overstayer, who probably never did any harm to anyone and was just trying to enjoy his life in the way he wanted to.

 

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

You have fallen for the propoganda of the government that wasn't even aimed at you.

 

You get on with your life and let others get on with theirs. In reality (a land you clearly don't inhabit) their actions have zero effect on you.

All that´s your version of how different things are connected or not. That is not mine.

Let us just take an example: 

If we have 15  families of one nationality in an appartment area of 150 families with another nationality. Let´s say that 3 of the 15 families make problems. What do you then think is a probable scenario?

1. Many of the 150 families are starting to believe that it´s always people like the 15 families that makes problem?

2. It has absolutely zero effect on how the 150 families think and feel about the 15 families?

I think you have seen enough of the world and have enough life experience ot understand what mostly would be the result. Have a good day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Nope.

Yes, that was exactly what you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 6:16 AM, Matzzon said:

What has Thailand 4.0 to do with this? They are not clear out of 1.0 yet.

Therein exactly lays your problem, in not understanding, or willing to accept the bigger picture.

 

In Thailand 1.0, no one gave a damn or second thought about overstayers. Not the immi's, no Thais on the street, certainly no fellow Farangs.

 

With 4.0 it started ... and you want so eagerly be actively part of it ... can't wait to report the next overstayer yourself, a Farang, being only a guest in Thailand! Crazy thought ha?

 

Maybe someday your light bulb will switch on, but I highly doubt it. 

 

Let the gov do their job and stay out of it ... your posts reads like some of the guys from the Tourist Police you see walking around with an incorrect 'I have a uniform on' attitude ... you know what I mean.

 

 

Edited by RedPill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, Matzzon said:

Unfortunately  it is you that is obsessed by caring about them and focusing on me instead of leaving your own opinion about the topic.

Well, turning it around is not a good idea. You look into your own thread history about every overstayer and then re-read it for yourself. I just replied to your many many many posts about it, to give it my 1 opinion. For the rest I have seen it now, don't care too much about it.

 

Be happy someone tried to explain it to you in a nice way ... what you do with it, it's up to you, as they say.

 

Good luck and enjoy the satisfaction of your own postings in all future daily overstayers threads, or god forbid someone broke a law in your holy 'law abiding Thailand'

Edited by RedPill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Unlike the Russian guy, I don't need to overstay, easy for me to get my annual extension.

 

However, for the young Russian, he might find it near impossible to stay in Thailand for 52 weeks of the year. This is the failing of the visa system.

 

Having a choice between living in a country with great weather, beautiful women, beautiful people and to die for scenery and seeing out my days in Siberia, I would certainly consider gaming the system and staying here on overstay.

 

I tend to differentiate between what is morally right and what is legally right.

Apart from the great weather.....the others are far more relevant to Russia than Thailand

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...