Viral video: Wife and child had enough of this taxi driving nutter!

webfact

Unfortunately “adults” are in short supply not only here but around the globe. Nothing good comes from road rage. Luckily neither of these morons had a machete or gun in their car.  There will always be inconsiderate idiots on the roads.  The choice is yours whether to join them or be adult enough to let it go.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, ujayujay said:

Yeah....blame the victim????????????

Did you actually read my comment?  Where did I "blame the victim"?  I only stated that he aggravated the situation.  I would suggest that if all else fails, try reading the whole comment or have someone more capable to read it to you and some stick diagrams may help you too.

I have been several times in a similar situation in these years spent in Thailand, be it in Pattaya city traffic or on the highway to Bangkok. It is typically an oldish diesel truck that rushes past you honking loud at you at the same time. And then the same car that seemed in such a terrible hurry one minute ago is waiting for you at the next traffic lights. And starts following you, trying to cut in on you.

In October 2016 I managed to escape by making several U turns on Thepprasit and Thappraya road. Just a month ago I was returning to my house by motorbike and prepared to turn right by driving close to the centre line marking. A truck behind me honked at me, slowed down and instead of driving straight, followed me one kilometre until I turned left to the small soi leading to my house.. and then speeded up and honked again.

Now that I always wear the helmet and a long sleeve jacket when driving the motorbike, the colour of my skin or eyes or the size and shape of my nose are not likely to be the primary irritating "cause" of this behaviour. My guess is that it has to do with this fear of losing one's face in this culture. If you (think that you) are a big man, all the others in traffic are in your way. So you must go first. If you can not go as fast as you would like to - to look like a real man -  the motorbike/car hindering you is making you look small and ridiculous. So you have to do something about it to "make things right".

Combine this attitude with a practically non-existent ability to control one's negative feelings, and here we are. A 9.5 TiT grade on my scale 1 - 10.

Archived